*2012 Brides!*

I have only just found this thread, I get married 20th October :) I am aiming to loose 3 stone for my wedding day!! Fingers crossed I do it, at least we can all support each other!!

Hello,
13th October wedding here. Booked the church, looking at venues this week. SO excited.

I'm getting married on the 13th October too!! You're the third person I know who's getting married on that date xD haha!

So yeah, I'm getting married in October, and I'm not losing weight specifically for the wedding, we're not having a big do, but I do want to feel and look my best! (even though I don't want a big dress etc, I still want to feel comfortable, and proud!!)

I doubt very much that I'll reach my absolute target by then, but I am looking to get to a size 16/18 at least for my wedding :) (I'm a 24 atm!)

Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone :) I am getting married in August. Again, I am having a small informal do, and I just want to feel my best. I'm far off target, so I too am just aiming for a 16 size dress. My hubby to be proposed to me at my heaviest, so it's really just for me :)

I was trying to lose weight 6 months before H2B even proposed. Since the proposal (in fact 2 months before that!) I have gained and lost the same three pounds over and over again. I've not got a lot to lose admittedly but there's still an amount of weight to go, currently about a stone and a half. It's just not shifting and it's starting to get me down. So frustrating. I've found my dress and ordered it so I need to be at target by August when I have my fittings. Obsessive exercise seems the only option. There's onl;y so much salad a girl can eat!! ;)

Well good luck to you both! :D xxxx We can do this if we put our minds to it :) xx

i am getting married on 1st aug and have brought my dress a size 16 does fit me (by that i mean get do the zip up. need to loose a little bit more weight then dress will be perfect. daughter who is 5 has got her lovely dress.

Am having a small do in reg office.

Well tried my dress on again and the label on the dress says SIZE 12 will deffo go with that.

Last edited:
I'm getting married on July 20th! :eek: I have totally lost the plot lately! Been doing SW about a year now and lost just over a stone and then I spent ages bounces around the same couple of pounds on and off! think i got a bit fed up of it all and have now put on 5 pounds! I should be super motivated with just over 3 months to go but I cant seem to stick to it! Had my dress fitting on saturday where it SHOULD have needed to be taken in loads but obviously didnt need a whole lot of adjustment to it! it does look nice on but its not really the way I planned it!

I need a kick up the bum! :eek:

Can i join you please getting married 5th October lost 19.5lb since Jan and i am determined to look and feel amazing in my dress :-D

5lb to target now for me ;-)

STRESS!!! 3 months to go! got WAYYYY too many people coming to the evening do! oops! i'm finding it so hard to stick to SW as i'm so busy with wedding stuff then i feel like a 'deserve' a good few drinks at the weekends to chill! :D

so much to do!!!! arrrggghhh!!!

well am getting married on 1 aug as i have said amd am doing well but am having an operation on my foot on friday 1st june so no exercise at the gym for a while. will be trying to be as mobile as possible as husband to be is not good at cooking. also have a 5 yr old to look after aswell.

good luck to all you brides to be

Back