2013, the Paleo way!

I know what you mean!
I used to swim competitively, so it sort of comes natural to me - but since I did my A Levels, University & started working and bought my house ... I've just not been at all! Which, for someone who used to be in the pool 7-9 times a week, was a massive change!

But - I got used to not going & then got lazy! :D

Day 16:
Didn't have breakfast today - I just couldn't get out of bed this morning, haha!
But I did munch on some nuts and seeds at work to keep me going!
Lunch: Ham salad
Dinner: Mince, carrots, leeks, red cabbage, kale, parsnip mash! Om nom nom!

Had a couple of comments that people can tell that I'm losing weight, which feels great! :D

12lbs down, but I do have more than most to lose! :(

How much weight do you want to lose chick??

I would love to have a go at outdoor swimming!!! Maybe when its warmer!! Lol...

X

I was 21st2lb at start:cry:

I'm 20st4lb now!

I want to lose 7 stone initially, but maybe more. 11st is where I should be, but I don't think I'll ever be the 'ideal' weight. I will see where I feel comfortable, I think. I've always been broader than most, even when I wasn't overweight, but we'll see!

*sigh*

I've no idea where it all went wrong to get to where I am now! :ashamed0005:

:cry:

I was a similar start weigh.... I did TFR for about 12 months and am doing paleo to get the last off and maintain!!!

Stick with it hun!!! I promise you wont regret it!!!

x

Total Food Replacement..... Shakes and meal packs to completely replace normal food..... REALLY hard and I dont think i could do it now.... but it served a purpose to get the first of the weight off... I swapped to paleo as I started Crossfit and I totally was not eating enough to do it.... fell in love with crossfit and it just totally fits with what I want to achieve!!

: ) x

Aaah, of course! Good on you for sticking to that! I really don't think I could do something like that!

I started reading about crossfit, but I wasn't totally sure what it was and what was involved! I've heard its amazing though & gives some amazing results. Perhaps I'll look in to it again soon?

I've eaten so, so much today, ahaha!

Day 17:

Breakfast: Fried egg, chipolata-ish gluten-free sausage, fried egg
Lunch: Omelette (sausage as above, bacon, chorizo, sundried tomato)
Dinner: Mince (as yesterday), carrot, parsnip

I'm so full! :rolleyes:

Had a massive craving for things I shouldn't today - I have had a bit of a mind-melting day at work & just a bit drained emotionally and confused! Didn't have anything naughty at all though! :D

Aaah, of course! Good on you for sticking to that! I really don't think I could do something like that!

I started reading about crossfit, but I wasn't totally sure what it was and what was involved! I've heard its amazing though & gives some amazing results. Perhaps I'll look in to it again soon?

I've eaten so, so much today, ahaha!

Day 17:

Breakfast: Fried egg, chipolata-ish gluten-free sausage, fried egg
Lunch: Omelette (sausage as above, bacon, chorizo, sundried tomato)
Dinner: Mince (as yesterday), carrot, parsnip

I'm so full! :rolleyes:

Had a massive craving for things I shouldn't today - I have had a bit of a mind-melting day at work & just a bit drained emotionally and confused! Didn't have anything naughty at all though! :D

I didnt stop eating yesterday either!!! Will be better today as back at work today!!!

I love Crossfit.... Its amazing... bit daunting at first... but everything is scaled to what you can do!!! Its so much fun!!!! I am totally addicted!!!!

x

Argh! 12 1/2 lbs now ... ! I want to get my stone! Hah!

Snow day, today - Although I have the ability to work from home, so that's what I have to do, lol! :(

I think I'll read a bit more into crossfit, then! You've persuaded me! :D

Still 12 1/2 lbs! Hah! Grrr!

Day 18:
Breakfast: Omelette )Bacon, gluten free sausage, onion)
Lunch: 1/2 sweet potato roasted, left over mince, salad
Dinner: Paleo pizza attempt 3, just almondflour, egg & flax oil this time! & salad

Pizza attempt was the best yet, but was a bit overpowering, even though it was very thin. Seemed a bit too much like a raw cookie consistency!

Your doing wonderfully with your diet so far, been lurking around your diary for a few days. I've been faffing with primal and decided to go for it now - even if I only get 80% compliant I'm hoping it will break my plateau and get the last 20lb shifted. (I really don't want to give up oats - just for breakfast once a week or as a topping for stewed fruit once in a while but should be able to low carb the rest of the day to fit those in without too much problem).
Love your food photos - must start doing that again.

12 1/2 lbs in 18 days is amazing - you've definitely motivated me to give it my all. So I've got a new fitness plan with weights that really pushes me to my limit (could not manage one complete set today) and going to do that and swim 3 times a week plus a kettlebell class. If I got 12 1/2 lb off in twice your time I would be over the moon.
That stone isn't far away for you but don't become scale obssessed ;)

Awww, thanks! :D

I think primal actually sounds like a really good way to maintain the healthy lifestyle. I think I might end up more primal once I've dropped the weight. For the moment, I'm quite happy with paleo, but I like the extra little bit of flexibility that the primal diet gives you! You've done amazingly well so far - What were you following previously?

I'm a little obsessed with taking photos of my food - ahaha! I think now that I'm spending a lot more time in there, it helps that I make it look nice - then it'll make me want to go back and do it again!!

Day 19:

Didn't have breakfast this morning - I just felt really weird! I felt a bit bloated as soon as I woke up :(
Dinner: Sausage, bacon, egg & sweet potato hash!

Dinner was a bit breakfasty, I know.

Have to admit, I'm struggling on the organisation side at the minute - I was going to do a curry, then realised I had no parsnips! And I've run out of some other stuff, too. Shopping tomorrow, I think.

*waits for payday to hurry up* :(

I'm still fuzzy on the defines between paleo and primal. I bought a book that was supposedly paleo - loose 30lb in 90 days - but he used dairy in some things and in one recipe ketchup! So I was a bit miffed as I'd got it thinking the recipes would keep me on track. When I tried paleo I found I was eating too many starchy veg like carrots, parsnips, sweet potato etc (twice a day normally) for it be considered true paleo according to the "rules" plus the total no maple syrup, no agave, no dates etc was just too hard for me and I'd give in to something silly. I also am not going to kill myself looking for stocks, fish sauce etc that have no added sugar at all - I use them infrequently & in total my diet is so much better this way than it was.
So now I'm calling it primal - aiming towards paleo and hope to fall somewhere between the two.

I must say I prefer primal because of the slightly more leeway it gives. I'm reading the 21 day total body - mark sisson I like a bit of dark choc, yogurt and milk sometimes - I can follow primal as it allows these things in limited amounts.

Paleo is more strict about food choices and I have to be able to live a modern primal life 80% of the time - 20% I've got social functions to go to that involve birthday cake - to accept a small piece of cake is preferable to saying no thanks - I've had people say it to me - I'm always a bit miffed! Ok I understand about diets - say yes have a few mouthfuls - done - no need to eat the whole piece or just ask for a very small slice. Unless your allergic to things in the long run its better to be polite as they are your friends and family and we tend to live longer better not to offend them lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww, thanks! :D

I think primal actually sounds like a really good way to maintain the healthy lifestyle. I think I might end up more primal once I've dropped the weight. For the moment, I'm quite happy with paleo, but I like the extra little bit of flexibility that the primal diet gives you! You've done amazingly well so far - What were you following previously?

I'm a little obsessed with taking photos of my food - ahaha! I think now that I'm spending a lot more time in there, it helps that I make it look nice - then it'll make me want to go back and do it again!!

Day 19:

Didn't have breakfast this morning - I just felt really weird! I felt a bit bloated as soon as I woke up :(
Dinner: Sausage, bacon, egg & sweet potato hash!

Dinner was a bit breakfasty, I know.

Have to admit, I'm struggling on the organisation side at the minute - I was going to do a curry, then realised I had no parsnips! And I've run out of some other stuff, too. Shopping tomorrow, I think.

*waits for payday to hurry up* :(

Hi have you looked at the sausages your eating? Sometimes they have that effect on my even tho they are gluten free., I don't eat them now :) I have bacon instead

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you tried meatza..... If you're missing your pizza.... you use meat as the base..... genius!!!

X

I love Man v Food, when I was on slimming world I used to dream regularly that I was married to Adam Richman and we travelled around eating yummy food! LOL!

I want to try a cauliflower pizza crust and see if that's any good!

I tried the cauliflower one, but it was so soggy!

Thanks for the comment on the sausages, I might change them, actually - They're gluten free, no nitrates or anything, but you could be right! I'll go back to my normal butcher's sausages, I think! I had them for dinner last night and I feel OK this morning, but worth a change! :)

As for meatza, I've looked at it, but I'm not sure! Is it overload of meat? Plus, I can't have cheese, so I'm not sure how well it would work without, lol.

Eeek! Well, my weight has budged! 3/4lb left and I'm at my stone! :D

Curry tonight! Need to find something alongside it instead of the rice. I've read about quinoa, most say it is a seed so OK, but others don't rate it. So I need something else. I can't be doing with cauliflower rice, either - I really don't like cauliflower!

Was thinking of some sort of raw shredded cabbage - just something plain with it? What has everyone else tried?

Back