2013, the Paleo way!

Thanks for joining me here though, guys - really means alot!

If I'm doing anything wrong, please do let me know! I'm such a paleo newbie, so I'm bound to be making some mistakes!

I tried the cauliflower one, but it was so soggy!

Thanks for the comment on the sausages, I might change them, actually - They're gluten free, no nitrates or anything, but you could be right! I'll go back to my normal butcher's sausages, I think! I had them for dinner last night and I feel OK this morning, but worth a change! :)

As for meatza, I've looked at it, but I'm not sure! Is it overload of meat? Plus, I can't have cheese, so I'm not sure how well it would work without, lol.

Eeek! Well, my weight has budged! 3/4lb left and I'm at my stone! :D

Curry tonight! Need to find something alongside it instead of the rice. I've read about quinoa, most say it is a seed so OK, but others don't rate it. So I need something else. I can't be doing with cauliflower rice, either - I really don't like cauliflower!

Was thinking of some sort of raw shredded cabbage - just something plain with it? What has everyone else tried?

I was recommend one of these Check this out on AMZN: Gefu 13460 Spiral Cutter Spirelli http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026RMEK4
Are amazing carrots and courgettes .. But next best is cabbage shredded really fine :)

Quinoa, wild rice etc is recommended for big exercise days :). Mark sisson :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

White rice is also considered a 'safe starch' by most these days, I'd recommend no more than 1/2 cup (cooked) serving size though. As you adapt you'll get used to things like curries without rice and meatballs without pasta! :)

OH had rice one night the other week when I was away and the following day he had terrible stomach cramps and felt bloated and he used to live on rice.

I guess like everything it comes down to what suits the individual person and what their system will tolerate. :) I'm astonished now that I used to eat lots of wholemeal products and now even a bit of gluten gives me flu symptoms.

Ourgette sliced with a peeler is my fave!!!!!!!!!
I second that - even my kids will eat "zoodles" and grated cauliflower as a rice substitute is nothing like boiled cauli - it's sort of nutty but creamy and once it's all mixed into the sauce you wouldn't know it was there.
Or if you're feeling adventurous I am going to buy some chayote or chow chow today, which I've seen used in curry recipes. No idea what it tastes like - part of the gourd family.

I had curry on its own tonight, OH had 'cauliflower rice'. I forgot to buy a cabbage! Ahaha! It's not so much the filling nature of the rice I miss, it's having the plain flavour on the side! I tend to make curries a little on the hot side! Tonight was OK, just would have rathered something alongside. I guess I'll get used to it onits own! :rolleyes:

Oh my word, that spiral cutter is AMAZING! I need one of those in my kitchen!! :D

Moussaka for dinner tomorrow, apparently! :D

Day 20:
Breakfast: Sausage, bacon, egg <-- Again! :( Going to make a breakfast frittata tomorrow, I think - getting a bit bored of breakfast.
Dinner: Vegetable curry (Carrot, Sweet potato, parsnip, butternut squash)

Didn't have any lunch as it was quite late by the time we had breakfast, lol - Lazy Sunday! :ashamed0005:

just ordered one of the spiral cutters , couldnt resist :0D ,
bought a more sturdy one though , the reviews werent great on the portable one ... hehe cant wait !!!!

Sounds like a lovely Sunday and moussaka sounds yummy! Love the spiral cutter, veg noodles with meatballs is one of my faves. :)

just ordered one of the spiral cutters , couldnt resist :0D ,
bought a more sturdy one though , the reviews werent great on the portable one ... hehe cant wait !!!!

The portable one takes up less space :). It is so very easy to use :). Ok you have a bit left no prob either chop it up - eat it raw - bin it

I did carrot and sweet potato spirals tonight with lamb chops and broccoli - yummy :) have a kettercise class tomorrow.

That's great! Congrats :)

Well done. That's fantastic going. "Well jel" :D

YES! I got my stone! :D

Proper post later - I'm just too excited! :D

Yay well done on your stone I got mine today too. Happy days :)

Back