2015 and It's Now or Never!

Well done Emm - sounds like you are keeping in diet gear - and also keeping very busy.

Hope it's not too cold down your way

Nelli

Wednesday 13th March 2013

Not a good night.. back was quite painful and I just couldn't get into a comfortable position... Heyho! .. :sigh:

Determined to put it behind me (excuse the pun.. :D )
Did lots of jobs and was very pleased that once again I have been able to do much more than I have done in the past months.
My home help came and we had a nice chat before she got on with all my housework. Then she helped me install my new digi box which was a bit heavy and where I have it positioned is also too low for me to manage. Really pleased with that especially as the EPG is much clearer and easier to use on this one.

Very peculiar day..snowing like mad this morning, then sun got out in the afternoon, followed by rain and then more snow flurries... such strange weather.

Diet went very well. Calories 1239 Carbs 169 Fat 40

Evening Emm - well done you on installing your digi box. I work with software but haven't the patience to deal with hardware - luckily J is an engineer though I have to say he does more than his fair share of moaning when he is installing anything.

We are "having words" shall we say right now. We are building a walk in cupboard for me next week (well, a builder is) but where it is going is where his satellite stuff currently lives in a cupboard up in the corner and he wants to leave as is - and I want it gone. There is also an access door to the boiler in the same space and an access to further storage (where we keep all the junk :) Anyway, I am kicking up about "my space" - so we will see who wins. We really are gluttons for punishment with this house !!!

Have a good evening.

Nelli

Must say that the installation of said digi box was done with much fear and trembling.. I also go on a forum called Digital Spy which has some very helpful peeps who have guided me thro' it and also helped me with much needed advice on which digi box to buy.

Walk in cupboard sound great.. keeping my fingers crossed for your success.. ;)

Did have the intention of going out to look at materials today but ended up dozing interminably in the armchair... snoozed my bloomin' head off!! .. :zz: .. Feeling good this evening so at least it has had a positive effect. Food has been a bit erratic..lots of snacking stuff but it's one of those "Who gives a monkies!!!" days.. :eek: .. At least I am still well within my calorie allowance anyway.

Friday 15th March 2013

Swimming again today.. yay! Very enjoyable and had some lovely chats when in the steam room. Conversation with one man was about going on cruises. ..another woman comes in and he says "we were just cruising" .. I reminded him that he ought to be careful how he says that as it has a somewhat risque meaning. :censored:. and we all had a really good laugh.
Had another successful sale on Amazon.. going great guns on there altho' things I have sold are only for small amounts of money but it all adds up and it's clearing some of my hoards...so that's gotta be good.

Sometimes I get very bored with cooking for myself and end up eating a lot of things like sandwiches.. today I used the rest of the salmon I had yesterday, mashed it up with a good dollop of salad cream and plastered it between two slices of bread...really yummy! Still within my calorie allowance so no damage done methinks.

Calories 1295 Carbs 136 Fat 58

Saturday 16th March 2013

Very good day.. defrosted my freezer and intended to rewire a socket on an extension lead because the wires have come adrift from the cable grip which could be dangerous... Couldn't find my flat head screwdrivers anywhere.. several Philips but not the ones I want. Got out my cordless set but the screws in the socket head are really deep and so they were not long enough. Eventually gave up and decided to install my new set of remote controlled plugs so I can switch my fridgefreezer and fan off without pulling the blinkin' thing out each time. Took me another hour or so to tune them in as the instructions were in such teeny print but got there in the end. Then found the fan doesn't work! Had another one in the bedroom so swapped them over and all is now honkey-dorey!..Yay!
Arms are now a bit painful after heaving my fridgefreezer in and out at least six times. Trouble is that my kitchen is so small and said f/f is in what used to be a cupboard space so very little room to manouvre.

Went a little bit over my calories which I am disappointed about.

Calories 1315 Carbs 197 Fat 39

Afternoon Emm

You are clever messing with all that stuff - I am hopeless with anything that requires a screwdriver or a pair of pliers.

I had great plans for today which involved washing my car, going to Ikea to look at storage for inside my new walk in and then going grocery shopping. Haven't made a move so far - I keep hoping my sister will drop in - I can then sit back, drink coffee and not feel guilty.

Have a good Sunday

Sunday 17th March 2013

Thankfully my escapades yesterday had no drastic affects today.. just a bit extra Oohhs and Aahs when I got up!
My learning the" how to's" of 4 things were all due to my school...in the times when girls went to needlework the boys had science class as it was reckoned too much for the likes of girls to comprehend in those days.. :confused: .. There was an occasion when the needlework teacher was away and not having anybody to take over we (the girls) were sent into the science class with the boys which resulted in a lot of sniggering by them as we were sure to be too ignorant to comprehend such things. The teacher however, decided to abandon the usual chemical science and instead taught us 4 things that have proved to be extremely useful. One was mending a fuse box..and at that time they were just one "plug" which had a single tiny strand of wire that went across two posts. The second was fixing an electric plug, third, mending a ballcock washer in a cistern and fourth, putting on a new tap washer... all of which I have done several times over the years.

Getting back to today... been a funny sort of day.. I mean funny - odd, not funny - haha!
Just had a lazy sort of day apart from making some veg soup as I had some carrots and celery that needed using up. Apart from that not a lot has happened.
Not felt in the least bit hungry so calories are well down ... hope that will be a good thing for tomorrows WI.

Calories 999 Carbs 140 Fat 31

Last edited:
Monday 18th March 2013

WI was STS.. quite pleased with that. As long as it doesn't go up I'm happy.

Visited my friend this afternoon and had a good ole natter with her and her hubby.. talked the hind legs off a donkey!! So nice to hear about all my old pals at the line dancing venue...and very pleased to know that one of the old buddies Fred who died recently of pancreatic cancer had a great send off with the church being full to the brim. Apparently he had written his own speech to be read by the vicar which contained a lot of very funny inuendos.. :D .. typical Fred!

That was the sole gist of today and pleased also that my diet has gone very well too.

Calories 1240 Carbs 175 Fat 37

Keep going. Well Done! x

Well done on the sts. It'a great when we get to feel positive about our diets, isn't it?

Certainly is Caroline... and when it's an STS especially.

Keep going. Well Done! x

Thanks very much.

Well done on the STS Emm. What have you planned for your garden this year?

Thanks Nelli.
Funny you should ask about gardening... I am not able to do anything much myself apart from periodic visits to get rid of some of the bindweed which is very prevalent round here.. but I do have a handy man, the one who did my hallway last year (or was it the year before.. :confused: ) ..and have planned to get him to reorganise my garden as the "Mow and Grow" lot from the council just come in and massacre the grass and anything else that gets in the way!!.. :sigh: Have to be grateful for small mercies when you're my age. Don't expect to have anything grand but if it looks a bit more tidy I shall be pleased.

Tuesday 19th March 2013

Back pain a bit awful today but I had my massage and EC in afternoon which helped a lot.
Phone call from my D so was well pleased with that.
Another sale on Amazon..Yay! Another one of my boxes gone from my bedroom..It will soon look like a proper bedroom instead of a store room.. :D

Haven't been at all hungry today and at the mo' calories are well down. I shall reserve my posting till tomorrow in case I have a sudden binge take over.

Hope you all had a good day too!

Cals 995 Carbs 145 Fat 24

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th March 2013

Dentist at 1.50pm.. Had a bit of filling drop out the other day but he says it's okay. Asked him to drill the top off one tooth because I am continually biting my tongue there.. which he did, so hopefully that will help.
Then posted parcel which came to £8.80.. allowed £6.50 for postage so am out a wee bit but at least it's another thing out of my bedroom which has stood there for yonks.
Morrisons for lunch..liver and onions..and the onions are still repeating on me even now!
Drove out to Drayton which is about 5miles to a Hair & Beauty salon and booked a manicure and hairset for tomorrow...look forward to that.
Eventually arrived home just after 5o'clock and didn't fall asleep as I am prone to do..
Diet went very well..quite pleased with myself as I did have the urge at least a couple of times to buy a bar of chocolate but continued to walk past... on one occasion when I was going to go into a shop the door was closed and I couldn't be bothered to open it! .. :D

Calories 1218 Carbs 142 Fat 47

Thursday 21st March 2013

New salon didn't turn out to be as good as I had hoped!
First I had to go up some really steep stairs to get tha manicure. I never cease to be amazed at the fact that people do not listen to what is being said...as the young lady was removing the varnish she kept pressing into the cuticle on my thumb which was very sore, I told her about it but was completely ignored and in the end I had to object very loudly to get her to avoid the area. Then later she referred to "not wanting to make me scream again!!" Then cutting my nails I had the same experience as with the podiatrist..very painful experience yet again.
Then when it came to having my hair set, the young lady took absolutely ages putting the rollers in.. and when taking them out she took one out and combed it then another ..and combed it and so on.. never had my hair done like that before. She was talking to me in such a loud voice and very patronisingly too.. and to cap it all, the place was freezing cold! Really glad to get out of there and def won't be going back.
Went on to Tesco to get a bit of shopping and then home. By that time I felt quite poorly and wondered whether I was in for a really bad cold. Went to bed for a couple of hours and now feeling very much better thank goodness.

Oh no to the beauty salon - it's awful when you get a place like that.

I normally have acrylics as my nails which used to be long and nice started to break several years ago and I spent more time gluing them together so decided to try falsies for a change and loved them.

For years I had a girl who made them look very natural but she moved - then my niece did them for a while. She had a shop about 30 minutes drive away, but moved even further away so I've been acrylicless since January as I am waiting for a good recommendation as I am very fussy about them looking natural :( (not the obviously false ones with the white tips.

Well done on resisting the chocolate - I think not going into the shop because the door was closed definately shows willpower :)

It's snowing in Glasgow.

Nelli

My nails were just the same Nelli. I was really pleased when I found that I could go somewhere and have a manicure to keep them looking nice. Trouble is that apart from these "foreign" venues where thay use drills it is very hard to find somewhere that does the gels.

Trying to put this photo in my album without success.. :sigh:

My D (Sandra) after losing all her excess weight..doesn't she look good!

60410_10151350501743457_238642935_n.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 22nd March 2013

Started off day by adjusting the plugs on TV as the sound was a bit off.
Fitted a new water filter to taps system.
Then after having a nice hot shower, tidied everwhere...amazing how soon things get upside down!
Investigated a cupboard above my cooker and found quite a few bags of bread flour. Having bought a bread maker some many moons ago and attempted to make some which I have never..ever.. been able to do!! They always turn out like a lump of lead.. but undaunted I set to and was making it by hand. Was very pleased that the dough was lovely and pliable and was soo confident that this one was going to be fantastic...Not at all ..another disaster.. :confused: :sigh:
However, I did manage to make some buttermilk scones which were absolutely delish... just ate two altho' that has put my calories a wee bit over the top today. Calories app. 1350

Last edited:
Morning Emm - I don't ever let anyone near my nails with an electric file - and don't let them file to much either. One of my friends in the US used to go to one of these Asian places and ended up with really problematic and sore nails. There are a couple of salons in the next village and I am swithering about trying one or the other, but don't don't know anyone who has used them for nails. They are both only five minutes away so would be ideal.

I just binned my breadmaker - have had it for years and did use it quite a bit in the beginning but never really got very good results - so when we did the kitchen and cut back on cupboard space (to try to curb my hoarding habit) it went.

Hope you have lots of nice things to do over the weekend. Have a good one.

Back