2015 challenge

Great idea! :) Will weigh in on the first Friday of Jan (2nd Jan) and use those figures to go forward. Going to eat 'normally' so I can hopefully not have a load of water weight to add to the gain for Xmas going forward to. Hope you're all well - good luck everyone!

Hershey - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go
Another Tracy -79lbs to lose - 2lbs lost - 77lbs to go
CaroleM - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go
Bigbear - 125lbs to go - 0lbs lost - 125lbs to go
Destamia - 123lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 123 lbs to go
Jayde - 70lbs to go - 0lbs lost - 70lbs to go
PrincessSparklePants - ??lbs to lose - ??lbs lost - ??lbs to go

Uh-oh Jules & I appear to have been dropped off the list at some point! Have added back in. Don't think anyone else gone AWOL :8855:

S_J_B - 78lbs to go - 0lbs lost[

Jules1981 - 100 lbs to loose - 0 lbs lost - 100 lbs to go

just wanted to be part of the 2015 crew :party0011:

Me too! We are growing in numbers which is really great. My pal doesnt want to start SW before the new year and I am sure if they will be running a class on new years eve. Still I am getting prepared - I have bought myself a Wok as my big pan is losing it's non stick coating so ready for the bin I think. I am also trawling this site for recipes, some old favourites and some new ones. I am wondering what the new plan is I think it has been released but havent heard any details. Anyone know how it is different? When I did SW last year I tried to stay away from pasta and rice and potatoes as much as I could because I tend not to lose me when I eat a lot of them but then you cant live on salad all the time can you :) I think my biggest fault was not using my syns I was really bad for that - this time I will use them. How are we all getting along ? Any favourite snacks would be welcome I am not so good at those other than ham and crab sticks lol

C xx

Don't know how it is different, have seen people kicking off about green going. I have decided it's all to complicated for me :)

I am trying to decide between weight watchers and mfp. Any thoughts? I like the idea of some foods I.e veggies being 0pp so less counting, if you go over your cals it's very demotivating.

Whoop!! Great start Tracey!!

For breakfast, lunch and snacks i use slim fast products, as well as similar products substituting in, then I use mainly hairy dieter recipes for my evening meal. I track everything on MFP app, and aim for around 1400 Cals a day. Working v well for me so far!! I need the fixed portion sizes. Should really call myself greedy bear !! :)

Me too! We are growing in numbers which is really great. My pal doesnt want to start SW before the new year and I am sure if they will be running a class on new years eve. Still I am getting prepared - I have bought myself a Wok as my big pan is losing it's non stick coating so ready for the bin I think. I am also trawling this site for recipes, some old favourites and some new ones. I am wondering what the new plan is I think it has been released but havent heard any details. Anyone know how it is different? When I did SW last year I tried to stay away from pasta and rice and potatoes as much as I could because I tend not to lose me when I eat a lot of them but then you cant live on salad all the time can you :) I think my biggest fault was not using my syns I was really bad for that - this time I will use them. How are we all getting along ? Any favourite snacks would be welcome I am not so good at those other than ham and crab sticks lol

C xx

Change is very small and basically it made more simple to follow. There is no more green or red plan as extra easy fits all now. One more thing is that syns have calculated differently now, as before they put overall syns , like overall syns for take away chicken tikka masala was 14,5 per serving, now they take the highest syn value for 550 g portion and thats 22,5 syns in new book.

also there is new symbols and new speedy plan - called extra easy SP , this is speedy ( veggies and fruits and protein 50/50 ) all you eat those days must be from speedy or protein rich foods. so no potatoes, rice and so on.
been on SP for 3 days now, doing very well =) hope I get magic result on saturday =)

i love looking for new recepies, glad yo hear theres not to many changed with sw i get my new book on fri weigh in xxx

SJB thanks for adding me back on the list xxxx

What is SP? Hope you do fab hun.

I have just been talking to my friend who is doing filling and healthy on ww and I've decided I'm going to go along with her. So 5th Jan I join up and first official loss will be the week after :)

Thanks Destamia, does that mean they are going for more portion control now? C xx

Change is very small and basically it made more simple to follow. There is no more green or red plan as extra easy fits all now. One more thing is that syns have calculated differently now, as before they put overall syns , like overall syns for take away chicken tikka masala was 14,5 per serving, now they take the highest syn value for 550 g portion and thats 22,5 syns in new book.

also there is new symbols and new speedy plan - called extra easy SP , this is speedy ( veggies and fruits and protein 50/50 ) all you eat those days must be from speedy or protein rich foods. so no potatoes, rice and so on.
been on SP for 3 days now, doing very well =) hope I get magic result on saturday =)

Thats great Jayde its good to have a plan and a buddy to go along to the meetings with. I like to go with a friend as we then get a bit of healthy yet gentle rivalry going on but at the same time helping each other as much as we can. Great news xx

I have just been talking to my friend who is doing filling and healthy on ww and I've decided I'm going to go along with her. So 5th Jan I join up and first official loss will be the week after :)

Thanks Destamia, does that mean they are going for more portion control now? C xx

no , not at all - its all the same ( almost ) as it was
SP is new Success Express ( just part of power up your weight loss for few days or week if you like to )

Good luck with ww , as long as you are happy and it does work , what ever the diet is - keep going =) I find that when you are not happy with the diet you on, then weight loss is much harder to come and gain is so easy to find.
I can see you have done so good already - how did you lose those 4 st ?

I agree that any of the plans work so long as you stick to them. I actually love sw and was doing g that for a long time but now just find it doesn't fit in with my life. I am at a theological college training to be a vicar and we have breakfast and lunch in college every week day and the food is not mainly free foods so it's easier to try and count cals or points. When you don't make your foods sw is hard.

In 2010 I joined this sight feeling like a total failure as I had had a gastric band in 2007 and it had been a disaster. I lost 6 st then with this site and sw. I was not well over the last couple of years and put on 2 but I'm back on it now. I find it very embarrassing having had weight loss surgery and it didn't work. It's like you failed at the last possible option. But I truly believe that it is possible without surgery, or with failed like mine. It is about the head and not the stomach and I wish I had know that for sure before. Only someone my weight or near it can know how desperate you can feel and surgery felt like the only answer. If I could turn back the clock I would not have done it. I am now doing it on my own and determined to show people that surgery is not the answer...or at least not the only answer.

Many of you may not have known that about me as my diary is in silver and so not all people see it. But I am trying g to be honest as that is part of the battle even though u feel quite vulnerable for coming clean. Truth is surgery is no easy answer and you still have to make all the hard choices. Certainly with a band it's all you really. My dream would be to have this horrid thing removed. I have no saline in it any longer as I had so many complications it is just in there as a constant reminder I made the wrong choice! But it also makes me realise that I have no other options but to do this the normal way...diet and exercise and so that is what I am trying to do.

Sorry just went on a rant! Bit as you can tell it has effected me a lot. Hope no one makes any judgements for a poor decision, most people have an opinion On surgery and so it is hard to be honest. Just glad I never did the bypass which was so much more drastic. Living with the consequences of this has been hard enough!

Evening all, count me in too. I'm away at the moment but will wi and get started on Saturday, will work out proper goals but for now will go with 84lbs this year

S_J_B - 78lbs to go - 0lbs lost[

Jules1981 - 100 lbs to lose - 0 lbs lost - 100 lbs to go
PurpleRoses - 84lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 84lbs to go

Jayde, nobody as a right to judge lovely xx We are all in this together and will support each other in the best way possible I am sure x
What is silver by the way you mentioned your diary is there?

Cxx

Silver members section in diaries. Basically anyone with over 500 posts can see them and post in them, if you go into diaries it should be an option if you have the posts. Thanks for your kind words. Being honest has been a big part of me moving on and not beating myself up :) so I am grateful.

Welcome PR we can do this :)

Hi found it thanks!
Welcome everyone!!
Feeling good, feeling strong :)

Silver members section in diaries. Basically anyone with over 500 posts can see them and post in them, if you go into diaries it should be an option if you have the posts. Thanks for your kind words. Being honest has been a big part of me moving on and not beating myself up :) so I am grateful.

Welcome PR we can do this :)

Last edited:
Back