22's to 21's!

Absolutely thrilled this morning at losing 4lbs. I shall be smiling all week. :talk017:

Hubs lost 3lbs and yet to find out how our son did. So happy. :D

Absolutely thrilled this morning at losing 4lbs. I shall be smiling all week. :talk017:

Hubs lost 3lbs and yet to find out how our son did. So happy. :D

:party0049: Wow, well done, 4lb is absolutely awesome! :)

I gained half a pound this week, but I had a great weekend, so I'm okay with that. xxxx

Well if you had a great weekend and it only cost you half a pound then I'd say that was well worth it! ;)

Our son lost 4lb too which is a relief as hes such a whiner if he doesn't get the results he thinks he deserves. :rolleyes:

Scales going wrong way this week. 3.5lbs ON!
Not going to start panicking yet though as we've had to buy new scales so that could be a factor as two of us have put on and one has stayed the same. Of course next week will be the decider!

We are syning ourselves a chip butty tomorrow. Everything in moderation, right?
Trying to keep mixing up the meals to keep things interesting. :D

Ellie, it definitely is the new scales, no doubt about it! :) Chip butty, hmmmm, I bet I crave that all week now, lol!

I lost a pound, I was really pleased with that though. I stuck to the plan, although I didn't really exercise (by that I mean not at all!) and had all of my syns every day, then on Saturday I lost count of my syns (flexi synning, I'll do it properly next time and set a limit, lol) but I didn't get a takeaway, so the good seemed to outweigh the bad. :)

I'm going to try to be extra good, I sat and went through the weeks with hubby and worked out that there hasn't been a week yet where I've just stuck to the plan 100%, so this will be it. Honest. :D

I think I'll try a 100% week too for a change. LOL I can't remember having one yet although I think I've achieved around 95% my first week. You know, when its all new and exciting. Lol

I've had candy floss today. Enjoyed it so much and don't normally bother with. Amazing how something can attract you when you realise how low in syns it is! :D

Regarding the new scales, oh my goodness, you need a degree to programme half of them and what on earth are wifi scales?!!
And do people really pay £200+ for scales? Argos seems to think they will.

WELL DONE on that 1lb loss. Wonder what we could lose if we did do it 100%. I'd love to be a slimmer of the week.
I managed to get on the highest first week board online at the beginning. Seems a long time ago now. Lol

I know, I'm aiming for the stars, we can do it Ellie! :) I think if I was to be completely honest, I would say I've never reached 60% yet, not even my first week! lol!

I would love to get Slimmer of the Week one week, but I've got stiff competition, there are some great losers at my class and I'm rubbish at this dieting lark, so it's not that likely, still, it gives me something to aim for.

Wifi scales, why? Lol! :) I'd begrudge paying £20 for scales, no way would I pay £200 for them! x

I paid £27.99 today and it pained me!

I think I can dream of getting a slimmer of the week award on SW online. For a start you seem to have to get a loss of at least 7lbs (pffft) and over half that get it are was above that, 11lb -12lbs this week some got. They were lads though. Must be the competitive streak in them, something I'm too lazy to be bothered with. :D

Oh dear, what a week I'm having! Crusty bread and chicken wings entered the house. Say no more. :sigh: I shall endeavour to pull it back but its not looking so good.

Hope its looking more promising in your house, Hippopotamum. :)

Oh, Ellie, no better here... fishcake and chips from the chippy somehow made it's way in here last night and I'm currently sat eating a bag of Quavers and a (most delicious) Fry's Chocolate Cream!

So definitely not the 100% I'd hoped for, I think midweek has become my new weekend with this Monday weigh-in malarkey, lol, still, there's time to pull it back round and have a little loss (or at least not a gain!) if I start properly again tomorrow, bottle of wine tonight then start from scratch in the morning. :D

I did get out for a walk this morning, well partly a 'sit and watch the river' while hubby ate a pasty, but we had a little walk too, which was lovely, lol.

Shall we say we'll give it 75% this week and 100% next week instead? :) xxxx

Agreed! If I maintain this week I'll be mighty happy. :D

The new SW mag has just dropped through the door so I shall have a browse this afternnon and do some serious meal planning. I am an avid planner anyway but our meals need a perk up with some new, interesting ingredients.

I just have to accept that we need to completely overhaul our way of eating and learn to like recipes that are different to our norm. Tricky though as I love all the stodgy favourites and cheesy, creamy Italian dishes, too.

I guess my mind set should be that there is a whole range of exciting foods I've yet to discover! We're getting there but its a slow process to adapt in our house. :eek:

The dreaded weigh in on our new scales and they've shown a 2lbs loss this week. What a relief! Like that they can stand a bit of jumping on and off to check accuracy, too. :p Also we don't even have to remember what we weighed the week before. It stores Iit all and calculates your loss for you from your previous reading. These new fangled things! LOL
So that was better than I anticipated. Hubs stayed the same, still he doesn't have much to lose. Don't know yet how our son did. He seems to be belting along uphead of us both.

So this week MUST be our 100% week. I'll settle down to sort through some recipes this afters and really carefully plan the menu thiis week. Quite looking forward to this!

Last edited:
Well done Ellie, that's great, your scales sound fab, one step away from making the tea! :)

I've STS this week, not too bad really, I was terrible on mothers day, I think I've lost my off switch!

Now, this 100% week... er, how you going with that? (don't ask me, I don't want to have to lie!) :D

LOL don't panic, is only Tuesday, practically the beginning of the week for us Monday weighers!

Do you work your syns day to day or week to week? I do the latter and it certainly has saved me a few times from thinking its 'game over' for the week.
I also have another confession. I always allow myself 140 syns per week, 20 per day on average. :eek: I know thats not strictly 100% SW but at my weight it works. Its only when I stop counting the odd sucky sweets and pretend a baguette is a small wholemeal roll, etc, that I run into
bother. :D

My son lost 3lbs. I so envy him his drive. Its really showing on him now, over 2 st gone. Wish it was me. I'll need a fair bit more than that off for it to show a real difference on my little 5' 4 frame. LOL

Loss of 1.5lbs this morning. Hubs is happy because he lost 2lbs. No doubt our son will blow us out the water with his weight loss this week. His clothes are starting to look very bagging on him. :D

A really, really good week could see me out of this zone next week. It would be a tall order but I wonder if I could do it. (Be really, really good, I mean) :p

I weighed in 2 weeks ago at 22st 11.5 and scales r showin now im 22st 6 so hoping in 2 weigh ins ill have my 3st award! Seems drastic but the heartbreak diet is the best lol for a short time anyway xx

Sarah, thats an amazing loss. Well done! hopefully the heart will mend and at the rate you're going will get super healthy in the process. ;)

Thanks Ellie. Im hoping my heart will mend soon, I dont think I can cope much longer with this lol xx

I lost a half this week, so much for 100%, lol! it is TOTM though so I'll blame that! ;)

Well done on your loss Ellie, you're doing great! I want you to have a great loss this week, but I don't want you to go into the next zone yet, I'll miss you! I'll have to stick to the plan properly so I can quickly follow you into the 21's! :)

Well done Sarah, fab loss, I'm sure your broken heart will mend, but make sure you give yourself lots of time to heal. xxxx

Back