250lbs To Lose

Helloooo. I haven't been around for a while. The last week has been pretty bad food wise - lots of takeout, cake, cheese & chocolate! But I still managed to lose 1lb which brings me to 18lbs lost in January. Not quite the 25lbs I was aiming for, but it'll do. :)

I'm still calorie counting, but I'm going back to low carb to try and boost the weight loss. It's worked for me in the past so there's no reason it won't work for me again!

hi ellaye
nice to see you back love i to have had 2 bad weeks x x x

How many grams of carbs do you aim for? I'm going to try to keep it under 50g, which works out at about 10% carbs, 40% fat and 50% protein.

Saying that, today was another bad food day as I ended up getting a kebab & chips for dinner. In my defence, it was a kofte kebab rather than a donner so not quite so bad... lol.

I've been avoiding weighing myself daily but I've still been doing it 1-2 a week, but I've decided I'm going to look at my weight loss per month, because I know some weeks I have bigger losses than others and I think it'll give me a better idea of what works for me if I look at monthly losses rather than weekly.

I have my period at the moment and (sorry for the TMI!) it's incredibly heavy and I feel gross and lethargic. It's making me want to eat crappy junk food while I sulk and feel sorry for myself. But I'm going to make tomorrow a good food day and jump right back into low carb instead of feeling sorry for myself like I want to, lol.

hi ellaye
nice to see you back love i to have had 2 bad weeks x x x

hi - hope ur having a better week this week? I've fallen off the wagon today - will try again 2moro - it's hard isn't it? Take care.

hi upandown
it is hard i need to up my exercise and not go for quick crap food its just no good x x x

Hey Ellaye : )

I've been have very little carbs, the only carbs has been in some fruit and veg and a salad dressing I noticed had some!
I've cut out so many things out of my diet altogether though - bread/buns, pasta, rice, cereal, etc

I'm doing Cambridge Step 3, so basically I'm having a shake for breakfast, one for dinner and a low carb high protein meal at night. A typical meal is normally grilled chicken, pork or turkey or grilled fish - salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, with green vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, corguette or green salad - rocket leaves, cucumber, spring onion, green pepper, etc.

I've been photographing EVERYTHING I eat, popping it onto insta gram and i also get good meal ideas from there too!
When i'm quite at work, i'm browsing through other peoples food photos and I find that helps me lots :p
( my link is on my signature /minus117 ) if you want to have a scan and you can see my dinners *lol* : )

I've tried so many other diets in the past and they haven't worked for me, but i'm really comfortable with what i'm doing now and i feel great even though I'm only 4 weeks in.

Oh, Amazon do great low carb cook books, I got one for £9.99 and there is so many great meals in it, I made a thai beef the other day, yummmm.

Back