30 day fitness challenge - who's with me?

I found it really hard too! I kept thinking about stuff. Once or twice I even found myself counting haha

Haha weird innit? I thought it'd be easy i was just waiting for the 3 mins to be up!

parfittaroles said:
I agree. Three minutes seems like so long! And I found a few of the poses a bit difficult (I'm such a weakling!)
I did as well. Not very balanced lol

It does get easier as you carry on and do it more, honest! When I started my pilates DVD there was a move I really struggled with, you have to stand on one leg, the other leg stretched slightly behind you so that the tops of your toes are just slightly touching the ground but so that your weight is still on the one standing leg. Then straighten out your arms, lean forward so that your arms are pointing down towards the ground and your leg is parallel with the ground, or as much as you can anyway. I really struggled at first to keep my balance but now that I've done it more I'm a lot better at it. I think it's because these types of exercises build up and strengthen your core and the stronger your core is, the more you're able to control your body and so the more balance you have.

Lol wow. Im impressed!

Day Five - 02/01/12
- Active: Accumulated 10 mins of extra walking
- Exercise: Done Week 4, Day 1 of C25k
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretching Routine.
- Nutritional: Had to research a restaurant before you go to eat and choose meal - not eating out today, but I do this everytime I eat out anyway.
- Mind/Body: Done the 2-minute meditation - still keep getting distracted lol
- Food: Stayed within calories :)
- C25K was definitely hardest today. Was sooo much running. Legs killed. Somehow managed to push through though. Dreading Wednesday's run lol

For yesterday...

Day Five - 02/01/12
- Active: Accumulated 10 mins of extra walking, did that when I went to Sainsburys by parking slightly further away from the door and walking up and down every aisle even if I knew I didn't want anything lol
- Exercise: Done, I did 25 minutes of kettlebells and the strength workout from yesterday again
- Flexibility: Done, I swapped over for 10 minutes of yoga/pilates though
- Nutritional: Had to research a restaurant before you go to eat and choose meal - I didn't eat out yesterday either but if I do it's usually Wetherspoons so I had a look at their menu. I always have the five bean chilli there when I'm being good, now I've got the sweet chilli noodles as my back up in case I don't fancy it! Five bean chilli is 592 calories but it fills me up for ages, the noodles are 356 calories, 546 with chicken. I could also had a jacket potato with five bean chilli and side salad, no butter for dressing for 494 calories. Nice to have a few more options.
- Mind/Body: Done, meditating for 2 minutes was really difficult though! Not sure I see the benefit in some of these challenges to be honest.
- Food: Logged it all on MFP and stayed in calories

Today's...

Day Six - 03/01/12
- Active: Exercise ball, did this a couple of times throughout the day whilst watching TV or just went and did it. Not sure what benefit it really has though!
- Exercise: Did loads today! 25 minutes of kettlebells and the same again of turbo jam
- Flexibility: Did the stretches, plus yoga/pilates
- Nutritional: Read through this article about how to ruin a healthy breakfast this morning before breakfast and then tried to make a healthy breakfast. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know but it had a few good breakfast ideas.
- Mind/Body: Was one minute vacation today which I don't really understand but I think, based on something I saw on one of the later days, that it's spending time doing something that you enjoy and find relaxing. One minute isn't really enough though, so I took a bit longer and did my nails.
- Food: Logged everything on MFP and as long as I don't ruin it tonight, I'll be within my calories

Them noodles are nice as well. Had them last time

Hi,

Didn't bother with day one as doing this along side my Calorie Counting

Day 2

Active Challange = Walked up and down the stairs for 15 mins

Exercise Challenge
I did 20mins Zumba on the Wii then 10mins Super Hula Hoop on the Wii Fit

Flexibility Challenge
Part 1 = I did the total body stretch
Part 2 = I did the seated stretching routine

Nutrition Challange
Had vegetables with every meal apart from breakfast as I forgot

Mind/Body Challenge
Did 1 minute meditation

I haven't done so much exercise in a long time so feel really chuffed with myself and looking forward to tomorrow if I can move!

Good luck everyone for their next day

Catherine x

Well done for getting started Catherine!

Day Six - 03/01/12
- Active: Stand while you work whenever possible - did when I was doing things in the kitchen and that instead of sitting and chopping!
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today
- Flexibility: I decided to do some squats and stuff of my own instead of just stretching
- Nutritional: Didn't do it as it was about breakfast and I rarely eat breakfast.
- Mind/Body: Done one-minute vacation - went to Egypt :p lol that was weird
- Food: Stayed within calories :)
- Pretty relaxed day today after yesterdays run so nothing too difficult :)

Tut tut tut, why don't you eat breakfast?

I'm just not a morning eater. Never have been. I'll eat it if I am actually hungry straight away when I wake up. Otherwise I won't force myself. When I first started counting, I tried breakfast for a couple of weeks cos I always read it's important for weight loss. Just made me hungry all day for some reason. So just left it out again. Works for me :)

I've decided to join too. Like others, I have skipped Day One as I'll be doing this alongside calorie counting.

Day Two

Active Challenge - 15 minutes walking up the stairs. Have managed 3 mins so far (decided to do 5 blocks of 3). That was tiring in itself!

Exercise Challenge - 30 mins of high intensity cardio. I did 20 mins of Just Dance and 20 minutes of Zumba which I class as high intensity due to the sweat that came out of me!

Flexibility Challenge - Do the stretches shown. Am about to do these - I never stretch before or after exercise so will be good to get in to a habit of doing these.

Nutritional Challenge - Eat vegetables with each meal. I only decided to do this after lunch so didn't have any veg for breakfast - to be honest, don't think I would have anyway! Lunch I had salad with my wrap. Dinner was going to be a wrap again but I may try to stick some extra veg inside it and toast it instead of having it cold with salad as I usually do.

Mind/Body Challenge - Meditate for 1 minute - Just did this - don't think I gained too much out of it to be honest!

Oh bananas! I just lost my whole post :( Those stair climbs are HORRIBLE but they're really worth doing, they work your hamstrings and quads pretty well. Breaking them up is a good idea, that's what I usually do with those kinds of things, though sometimes means I forget to finish them lol

Day Seven - 04/01/2012

Active Challenge : Walk around, exercise or stretch during ad breaks whilst watching TV
I haven't done this as I haven't watched any TV today. I rarely watch TV and looking at the TV guide for this evening, I doubt I will today.
Exercise Challenge : Do 20 minutes of cardio
I did 45 minutes of aqua fit, 25ish minutes of swimming and 25 minutes of kettlebells so I think that covers it!
Flexibility Challenge : At least three times today, perform the stretches shown in the Seated Stretch workout.
I haven't done this yet but I have done 10 minutes of yoga. I've been out most of the day so I don't think I'll get 3 lots of this in but I'll try to do it once or twice before the end of the day.
Nutritional Challenge : Try at least one fruit or vegetable you’ve never tried before
I forgot to go and buy my sharon fruit :( The shop over the road is rubbish and doesn't sell anything interesting that I wouldn't have had before. Up until a few years ago they didn't even have wholemeal bread or skimmed milk and had to order it in especially for us! The supermarket is a 7 mile drive away and I'm not doing that just for this challenge so I'll get something tomorrow instead.
Mind/Body Challenge : Before you go to bed, take five minutes and write down at least 5 things you accomplished today and at least 5 things you'd like to accomplish tomorrow.
Today:
Exercise - Managed to keep up with the exercise again today
Aquafit - Went to aquafit even though I hate public exercise and especially hate public me in a swimming costume
Breakfast - Left early this morning but made myself make time to have breakfast before I left
Lunch - Went out for lunch and chose the healthy option (though it's also one I like) and avoided pudding even though I really fancied it
Protein - Worked to get protein into all my meals to raise my daily protein intake

Tomorrow:
Exercise - keep the exercise up
Breakfast - have breakfast again
Smoothies - research tasty smoothies to have for my breakfast when I'm at uni and school rather than having no breakfast
Drinking - make sure I drink at least 2 litres of water, well fluid, I hate water!
I can't think of a 5th one

Active Challenge - 15 minutes walking up the stairs. Finished it! That was horrendous and I hope it doesn't pop up too often in this 30 day challenge!

Flexibility Challenge - Do the stretches shown. I did the seated stretches and the lower body stretches - all felt like they were doing some good but it was painful on the wooden floor!

Thanks for suggesting this challenge.... hopefully it'll keep me focussed!

Back