5:2 Diet

Hi all, I am starting the 5 2 diet today and I was wondering if Batchelors Cup a Soups are good to eat on fast days?

Hi, welcome!

I would say it all depends on how you want to use your calories - anything good to eat, as long as it fits within the right number of calories for the day. If it works for you, then yes. I try to find items which are low in calories, but fill me up - I'm just about to have a Miso soup, for instance, which is only 22 calories, so for me, that works.

Hi, welcome!

I would say it all depends on how you want to use your calories - anything good to eat, as long as it fits within the right number of calories for the day. If it works for you, then yes. I try to find items which are low in calories, but fill me up - I'm just about to have a Miso soup, for instance, which is only 22 calories, so for me, that works.

Sorry for more questions -do you make your own Miso soup or buy it? If bought where from? On a fast day what would you typically eat?

Thanks
Kat

Hi Kat,

I buy my ready made miso soup, although I know you can buy powder & make it yourself. I buy sachets of miso paste & just add water in a cup - I get them from any of the main supermarkets - sometimes they're in the main packet soup areas, other times in the 'foreign foods' aisles, with the Japanese food. Occasionally it takes a bit of a hunt around though!

My typical fast days: no breakfast, miso soup for lunch, evening should be small snack like a rice cake, then dinner - I find meat & veg is the best use of calories - fruit & lo fat natural yogurt, and then an options hot choc & sometimes a fairly low calorie biscuit. I try to keep it in the 500 cal mark. There's a thread on here containing recipes for fast days which is worth having a look at.

Recently, I've been pretty bad & not counted the calories, so I'm probably well over the 500.... I need to get back on track!

Good luck with your fasts!

Oooooo thanks! Just ordered miso paste!

Ah good - hope you enjoy it. While I remember: if you've ordered the 'itsu' ones, I find the entire sachet of paste is way too much for one mug, so I halve it. The 'wakame' ones are the right size & can be used whole. It may be personal preference though....

I just ordered some paste thru tesco.

I love itsu products though!

Where do you buy your itsu stuff from. I'm not near London so can't pop to their shops!

2.25lbs off in my first week! Didn't count cals at all on my 5 days but steadfast on my two fast days. Gonna try a bit harder this week to stick to 2000 cals on my five days see if that keeps me losing. Still very happy with my 2 and a quarter pounds!

Day

Back