70 Pounds to lose and I started yesterday!

And soon it'll be a month and you'll be amazed at how far you've come! :) You can do it xx

Thats what I keep telling myself....I really cant wait. I feel so good right now and its only been 8 days so I cant imagine how I will feel when I drop all the weight and get fit.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

apico good luck on your journey lovely x x x x x

Thank you very much :)

apico
take little steps though try not to look to far in the future i did that and failed terrible i lost 5 stone and put it all back on now i set myself little milestones x x x

Those feelings do carry on hun :) Try and get your head away from any momentary blimps or ':( what am I doing? Pass the snacks!' type feelings - you're MUCH stronger than them! Your body is ridding itself of the excess salt and fat and sugar from foods - you'll be feeling on top of the world :)

i set myself little milestones x x x

Your body is ridding itself of the excess salt and fat and sugar from foods - you'll be feeling on top of the world :)

Both pieces of good advice.

I set smaller milestones as my ticker for myself - my first is to lose 29lbs, which will get me in the 200s. The ticker comes from Lilyslim if you're interested LilySlim - Weight-loss tickers

And don't forget to measure chest, waist and hips too - some weeks you might sts but lose inches :)

I set smaller milestones as my ticker for myself - my first is to lose 29lbs, which will get me in the 200s. The ticker comes from Lilyslim if you're interested LilySlim - Weight-loss tickers

And don't forget to measure chest, waist and hips too - some weeks you might sts but lose inches :)
ohh i might try that one x x

apico
take little steps though try not to look to far in the future i did that and failed terrible i lost 5 stone and put it all back on now i set myself little milestones x x x

I do future trip a lot, i will definitely keep this in mind :)

Those feelings do carry on hun :) Try and get your head away from any momentary blimps or ':( what am I doing? Pass the snacks!' type feelings - you're MUCH stronger than them! Your body is ridding itself of the excess salt and fat and sugar from foods - you'll be feeling on top of the world :)

I needed to hear this, especially today. I had one of those I Dont Want To Do Anything And Eat Donuts type of day. I managed through it all and didnt break my diet and got my work outs done which made me feel great when it was all said in done. I like the idea of knowing that those positive feeling will come and go....I will need them.

Thank you and I agree, I am much stronger than them!

Bless You!

I have started to do that after I realized that I am in it for the long haul so short term goals will be my main focus. I never though about measuring my chest, waist and other areas...that is a great idea and will help in those I only lost that much type of weeks.

Thank you so much for the tips, they mean a lot to me.

I do future trip a lot, i will definitely keep this in mind :)

I needed to hear this, especially today. I had one of those I Dont Want To Do Anything And Eat Donuts type of day. I managed through it all and didnt break my diet and got my work outs done which made me feel great when it was all said in done. I like the idea of knowing that those positive feeling will come and go....I will need them.

Thank you and I agree, I am much stronger than them!

Bless You!

I have started to do that after I realized that I am in it for the long haul so short term goals will be my main focus. I never though about measuring my chest, waist and other areas...that is a great idea and will help in those I only lost that much type of weeks.

Thank you so much for the tips, they mean a lot to me.

Anytime lovely, that's what we're here for :)

HUGE congratulations for not giving in, you'll likely get quite a few bad days soon as your body craves sugar... if you ride it out you'll soon feel the best you've felt in a LONG time :) It's not easy but it's bloody worth it :) xx

This is great advice--can definitely be a pick-me-up and help you keep going when you see the number on the scale either hasn't moved or has gone up.

Sounds like you're doing really well so far, apico! :)

Approaching your first fortnight now :) How are you doing lovely?

Had to look up what a Fortnight was....lol!

Honestly I didnt even realize it what approaching, man time flys by when your focused on something so important. I have been doing great, I have my weigh in tomorrow morning which kinda makes me nervous and excited at the same time. From Monday to Friday I had walked 20 Miles and I decided to kick it up a notch during the weekend and by the end of Sunday I had completed 32 Miles for the week.

I had a ton of support from my mom and sister and every time I was feeling lazy I got up and pushed harder, I have never had this type of start in any of my previous attempts to drop the weight. I really do thank you all so much for the overwhelming positive support. I am looking forward to pushing harder this week and see the results that have always been in my dreams.

I have been keeping a daily blog, if you all interested in reading it here is the link: It Can Be Done - Dropping The Weight

I feel so good, well outside of some soreness but even that feels good because its a constant reminder of how hard I am working.

Thank you so much for checking up on me, it really means so much to me. I hope all is well with you! :)

Do you not have them over there?! Sorry :D I never knew that :p

The first step of actually starting is always the hardest in my opinion, it's all the "I'll start monday..." then you get disheartened or tempted and then never continue. You've done the hardest thing by starting AND staying on it... and as for 32 miles! Wow! You're a real inspiration! HUGE congratulations! :) You don't have to thank us - we're here to help and support you just like you would us :) I'm glad you're still so motivated and supported too, sometimes people don't get enough support and when results don't happen (ie - it takes no time at all to gain the weight but it takes AGES to come off!) people get disheartened. It won't happen like that for you!!! I'll keep checking your blog out :)

Hope you're still feeling great hun, I'm not too bad ta, spent the day cleaning the kitchen so all is sparkling and shiny again :D I always find a hot bath (as hot as you can stand) helps with muscle aches and soreness :)

i agree love straight in bath soon as i get home x x x x:D

Wow Apico - 32 miles, that is bl**dy brilliant!

I am THE WORST when it comes to making excuses not to exercise...but am heading off to NZ in two weeks and my cousin is a fitness instructor so am hoping she will [STRIKE]kick my ass[/STRIKE] encourage me to get moving! :D

Off to read your blog now :)

20 mins later - wow what a brilliant blog!!!! You are one gutsy individual, Apico - so honest about how you're feeling along the way, about food, about exercise, but it's that honesty and your go get 'em attitude that will get you to your goal. And I love the sound of your family - so supportive, it's fabulous.

Never Settle! :)

Last edited:
At the rate you're going it should be dropping off as fast as possible :) Do remember to look after yourself though, if anything REALLY hurts - don't keep pushing yourself, let your body recover too :)

Wow! 32 miles is fantastic! Well done. :D

I used to do hot baths for sore muscles, until I injured my knee pretty badly doing Couch to 5K a while back. I found that I couldn't get out of the bath after I'd had my soak, thanks to the knee! Husband had to come help me. So my advice would be to make sure you're definitely just achey and not actually hurt before you get in that bath. :8855:

Wow Apico - 32 miles, that is bl**dy brilliant!

I am THE WORST when it comes to making excuses not to exercise...but am heading off to NZ in two weeks and my cousin is a fitness instructor so am hoping she will [STRIKE]kick my ass[/STRIKE] encourage me to get moving! :D

Off to read your blog now :)

20 mins later - wow what a brilliant blog!!!! You are one gutsy individual, Apico - so honest about how you're feeling along the way, about food, about exercise, but it's that honesty and your go get 'em attitude that will get you to your goal. And I love the sound of your family - so supportive, it's fabulous.

Never Settle! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Blog, I do my best to not think and just type so I can get my most honest feelings and thoughts out for people to read. I am blessed to have my family, even though they have so much going on in there life's they still push me to be the best and I love them for that.

I spent almost 10 years working with at risk teens and their families and that's all they would ever hear from me....Never Settle. I belive it to my bones and I use it so inspire me to be great, I never thought to use it in my fitness plan but it fits in well.

At the rate you're going it should be dropping off as fast as possible :) Do remember to look after yourself though, if anything REALLY hurts - don't keep pushing yourself, let your body recover too :)

That was one reason I took a day off yesterday, I wanted to let my body rest even though nothing was hurting but I didnt want to over do it. Thank you very much though because reading it makes more sense then just having a random thought about it. I really love the different outlooks here, they always get me thinking. :)

Wow! 32 miles is fantastic! Well done. :D

I used to do hot baths for sore muscles, until I injured my knee pretty badly doing Couch to 5K a while back. I found that I couldn't get out of the bath after I'd had my soak, thanks to the knee! Husband had to come help me. So my advice would be to make sure you're definitely just achey and not actually hurt before you get in that bath. :8855:

Hahaha....I know my family is supportive but I dont think they would like to support me out of the tub so I will really keep this in mind. Hope your knee healed up well! :D

Hi Apico04, just coming in to subscribe and say well done on your weight loss so far :D

Hi Apico04, just coming in to subscribe and say well done on your weight loss so far :D

Thank you so much! :D

You're still going! Crickey! I'd have collapsed in a heap by now ;) Well done! :D

Yeah I am motivated, I did my personal best today and did two 4 mile walks and then a short 2 mile walk for a new high of 10 Miles in one day for me. I was really proud of myself and look forward to surpassing my 32 miles that I walked last week.

I really enjoy the walking and cant wait to get to running, I get a good blend of alone thinking time when I walk by myself and then I have great company when my Mother and Sister decide to join me. I should be moving to Los Angeles in about 3 weeks so I really want to get a good chunk of my 70lbs Goal completed before the move. I also am waiting to buy clothes since I plan on donating all of my current clothing to the good well because I plan to no longer fit in them.

Thanks again for all the support!

Oh an check out my blog, I posted pictures from the past 3 years so people can see what I have been walking around with.

:)

Back