70 Pounds to lose and I started yesterday!

apico well done you x x :D

Wow! You are a true inspiration lovely! Well done! :) and little twin nephews - how CUTE! :D

The difference in the pictures is massively noticable - well done you! :)

apico well done you x x :D

Thank you very much!

Wow! You are a true inspiration lovely! Well done! :) and little twin nephews - how CUTE! :D

The difference in the pictures is massively noticable - well done you! :)

They're the best combination of cute a chaos :p

Thank you again, ive been pushing hard this week and feel really good.

Hey, Just coming to subscribe, I've started my weightloss at 336lbs 3 weeks ago, According to my scales this morning I'm 319 so Im slowly getting there :)

Figured I'd Sub so I can help encourage and support you and hopefully you might do the same for me in my diary too! It's always great to know that there are others wanting to lose a similar amount of weight, Looks like we'll both be here for a while so, Why not make friends :D

You're doing a great job, Loved reading your blog. I'm a fellow blogger user myself but for Beauty and Plus size fashion, I keep my minimins for my weightloss stuff. Anyways I've waffled on enough, Just wanted to leave you a nice comment to read :) xx

Hey, Just coming to subscribe, I've started my weightloss at 336lbs 3 weeks ago, According to my scales this morning I'm 319 so Im slowly getting there :)

Figured I'd Sub so I can help encourage and support you and hopefully you might do the same for me in my diary too! It's always great to know that there are others wanting to lose a similar amount of weight, Looks like we'll both be here for a while so, Why not make friends :D

You're doing a great job, Loved reading your blog. I'm a fellow blogger user myself but for Beauty and Plus size fashion, I keep my minimins for my weightloss stuff. Anyways I've waffled on enough, Just wanted to leave you a nice comment to read :) xx

Looks like we started at about the same time and around the same weight, congratulations on sticking to it and I would love nothing more than to be your friend! :)

Yeah my blog keeps me going for the most part, I always go back and read it and remind myself of what I have gone through which makes it clear that giving up is not an option. Thank you so much for your nice comment and I will be keeping an eye out for you and offer all the support I can muster up.

Keep going strong and never settle.

Apico - you are doing so brilliantly - what keeps you going on those days when you Just Don't Feel Like It?

Thanks, I have been very fortunate to receive so much support from family, friends, and the online communities that I frequent so those days dont come to often but when they do I can assure you they kick my butt. What works for me is that I beat myself to the punch by using including all my work outs into my everyday life as if its all normal and not something extra that I can cut out. When I wake I brush my teeth, get dressed, put my shoes on, grab my gear and head out for my morning walk which has to be done before I can move onto the next portion of my day.

The other day I wanted to go watch a movie that which was gonna start right about the time I normally finish my morning walk which meant I would have to wake up early to complete my walk to go to the movie. I really wanted to watch the movie so waking up early and getting it done became a lot easier because I accepted the fact that cutting the walk out of my day was not an option. I am really into the mental aspect of this journey and how fragile my perspective is so I do my very best to guard it so I dont go through that stage of "I cant dot it" or "Is it really worth it" that we all have been through.

I hope I made sense.....lol!

The physical part will always be hard but if you are engaged mentally and are dedicated its all about doing it and working through it, and remember to acknowledge yourself because getting through those "I don not want to" type of day is just as amazing as when you drop your first 10 pounds.

Oh and I have engraved in my mind that I will Never Settle so that helps too.... :D

Looks like we started at about the same time and around the same weight, congratulations on sticking to it and I would love nothing more than to be your friend! :)

Yeah my blog keeps me going for the most part, I always go back and read it and remind myself of what I have gone through which makes it clear that giving up is not an option. Thank you so much for your nice comment and I will be keeping an eye out for you and offer all the support I can muster up.

Keep going strong and never settle.

Congrats to you too! haha Glad you're happy to be friends *fist pounds* Awesome dude :p I'd be harder for me to diet in the states, You guys have lucky charms and Mt Dew and Arbys and slim Jim beef jerky... haha I went there a couple years back, Loved it. Even decided I'd like pay for an american husband for a greencard because all american accents are super hot and yeah lol never happened and I flew back home hahaha.

You sound totally in the zone both here and in your blog and I just want to surround myself with others pushing their limits and trying their best too as that will keep me going :) I've been really lucky to have some amazing friends and family support me and then finding minimins, Met some amazing people in the short time on this site and have them all loking out for me in my thread and keeping me on track. It's an amazing feeling so happy to have you as a recruit and be a part of your journey too :)

Here's to being the best we can be!

I'm Lucie by the way :) xx

Hi Lucie :)

I love your way of thinking about it, the exercise part of losing weight is always so daunting, especially when you get to it from the size that we are. It's not like a lot of us have a great level of fitness to start with and suddenly becoming active isn't always a great idea or option to us - as much as we want to lose weight.

But doing it like you put it - it's not an option. You HAVE to do it, just like so many other things that HAVE to be done to let the day progress so you can get the next thing done... Hmmm. You have have something there :) Going to take that on board as I'm useless at keeping active on a lot of days.

(And I always find being outside makes me feel better too. Just a short walk and I seem to cheer up if I'm in a bit of a 'can't :(' mood.)

Hi Lucie :)

I love your way of thinking about it, the exercise part of losing weight is always so daunting, especially when you get to it from the size that we are. It's not like a lot of us have a great level of fitness to start with and suddenly becoming active isn't always a great idea or option to us - as much as we want to lose weight.

But doing it like you put it - it's not an option. You HAVE to do it, just like so many other things that HAVE to be done to let the day progress so you can get the next thing done... Hmmm. You have have something there :) Going to take that on board as I'm useless at keeping active on a lot of days.

(And I always find being outside makes me feel better too. Just a short walk and I seem to cheer up if I'm in a bit of a 'can't :(' mood.)

Hi lovely, I think at this point, any excercise is going to be good for me, be it the one day of swimming I can squeeze in for an hour or the leslie walk video I do on youtube for a miles walk. Im still lapping everyone who's on the couch. We all have our limits and at 23 stone, there is only so much I can do but its a pain when your brain is in the zone and its your body that can't keep up ya know?! Slow and steady wins the race and I'm in it for the long haul so I want to do as much as I can every week and with each week I'll be helping shrink the inches and centimeters and I'll be doing it the right way rather then downing some pills or having an operation. ( just my personal thoughts, no offence to anyone doing it this way, we have to do what works for us :) ) I know if I work hard, I'll get to my target each week or month be it whatever target Ive set myself, and If I don't and I decide to treat myself along the way, I can take that :) Deffo in the zone, Just a case of working hard and over time watching it all fall off :)

xxx

Swimming would be a great exercise too, what with it being gentle on the joints and the water supporting you too :)

Congrats to you too! haha Glad you're happy to be friends *fist pounds* Awesome dude :p I'd be harder for me to diet in the states, You guys have lucky charms and Mt Dew and Arbys and slim Jim beef jerky... haha I went there a couple years back, Loved it. Even decided I'd like pay for an american husband for a greencard because all american accents are super hot and yeah lol never happened and I flew back home hahaha.

You sound totally in the zone both here and in your blog and I just want to surround myself with others pushing their limits and trying their best too as that will keep me going :) I've been really lucky to have some amazing friends and family support me and then finding minimins, Met some amazing people in the short time on this site and have them all loking out for me in my thread and keeping me on track. It's an amazing feeling so happy to have you as a recruit and be a part of your journey too :)

Here's to being the best we can be!

I'm Lucie by the way :) xx

Hahaha....Yeah it is hard skipping on the junk that we have over here in the states, its so much cheaper to eat at a fast food place thatn actually eating healthy. I do my best to avoid any of that amazing tasting junk food and use fruits as a week to tame my sweet tooth.

Its funny because I would pay an arm and a leg to have a British accent and even tried to keep a few words ive learned from Dr. Who or Sherlock Holmes but I just cant pull it off. A few years a go I fell in love with British TV but we only get The BBC so I went online to look for something more, I probably watched every episode of Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway in one weekend. I will visit one day, hopefully in the few years since I made it a life goal to travel Europe before I turn 30. Just turned 28 so I better get to planning.

I think one of the main reasons im able to be so focused and in the zone is because of the support I have, and like you I have been blessed to be surrounded my a great group of people both here at home and online....The timing couldn't have been better.

So Lucie when we have hit our target weight I promise to send you a goody bag from the states with a little bit of Lucky Charms, Slim Jims and a can of Mountain Dew.

Like you said, here's to being the best we can! :D

Oh and I go by Pico here at home :)

Swimming would be a great exercise too, what with it being gentle on the joints and the water supporting you too :)

I credit my choice to begin with swimming for the first two weeks of my journey, it helped me build the momentum and conditioning that I use now for my long distance walking. I am a BIG fan of it and recommend every one who is starting or is at a real heavy weight to utilize it becuase it burns calories and has a low impact on your joints.

Hahaha....Yeah it is hard skipping on the junk that we have over here in the states, its so much cheaper to eat at a fast food place thatn actually eating healthy. I do my best to avoid any of that amazing tasting junk food and use fruits as a week to tame my sweet tooth.

Its funny because I would pay an arm and a leg to have a British accent and even tried to keep a few words ive learned from Dr. Who or Sherlock Holmes but I just cant pull it off. A few years a go I fell in love with British TV but we only get The BBC so I went online to look for something more, I probably watched every episode of Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway in one weekend. I will visit one day, hopefully in the few years since I made it a life goal to travel Europe before I turn 30. Just turned 28 so I better get to planning.

I think one of the main reasons im able to be so focused and in the zone is because of the support I have, and like you I have been blessed to be surrounded my a great group of people both here at home and online....The timing couldn't have been better.

So Lucie when we have hit our target weight I promise to send you a goody bag from the states with a little bit of Lucky Charms, Slim Jims and a can of Mountain Dew.

Like you said, here's to being the best we can! :D

Oh and I go by Pico here at home :)

hahaha, A whole arm and leg to have a british accent, lol Maybe we can do a voice trade and live happily ever after with our new hot accents :p lol I LOVE that you consider british TV Ant & Dec Saturday Night Takeaway haha so cringe, But equally I spent my years growing up watching laguna beach, the hills, 90210, one tree hill, the OC and wishing I was an american teenager hahaha..

So Pico my litte American hottie, I cant really send my accent in a box to you when we have hit our target weight so will have to promise to take you around London when you come here, lol Loving the idea of my box of goodies coming when I hit target weight, It would be cheating if I changed my target weight..right? lol I'm just kidding haha, But equally, another good source of motivation haha. I can almost taste the success...and the Mt Dew :p xx

I am really into the mental aspect of this journey and how fragile my perspective is so I do my very best to guard it so I dont go through that stage of "I cant dot it" or "Is it really worth it" that we all have been through.

I hope I made sense.....lol!

Totally! I think I'm lacking some commitment in my mind, but will work on that...

And lol Sparkles on the wedding - off to buy a hat :)

Well today was my weight day and after 40 Miles walked last week I really though I was gonna do pretty well....I lost .6lbs which puts me 291.4lbs

I was not happy with that result by any means, first thought to cross my mind was "what did I do wrong?" and then I did the whole poor pity me game until I found myself going down a way to familiar path. It was about 7:30am and I threw my shoes on and went for a 4 mile walk and took the first step in not allowing this weigh in to affect my momentum in any way. A few hours after I returned home from my walk I went on another and that was a bit of a drag as I still didnt feel in the mood to do anything today but lay in my bed and hate myself for not loosing weight. So soon after im done typing this I will go for another walk in what I can "Walking the negativity out of me".

I will never settle and work harder and smarter this week to create a positive result in my next weigh in. The bright side here is that I lost 10lbs in 18 Days which is pretty good if you ask me and that something I have to keep in mind. My normal response to something like this is to make a drastic change to my diet that I can not maintain which then results in me quitting but not this time. I do plan on lowering my Carb Intake and will do some more research on Atkins but for now I am sticking to the game plan and will continue to work hard.

hahaha, A whole arm and leg to have a british accent, lol Maybe we can do a voice trade and live happily ever after with our new hot accents :p lol I LOVE that you consider british TV Ant & Dec Saturday Night Takeaway haha so cringe, But equally I spent my years growing up watching laguna beach, the hills, 90210, one tree hill, the OC and wishing I was an american teenager hahaha..

So Pico my litte American hottie, I cant really send my accent in a box to you when we have hit our target weight so will have to promise to take you around London when you come here, lol Loving the idea of my box of goodies coming when I hit target weight, It would be cheating if I changed my target weight..right? lol I'm just kidding haha, But equally, another good source of motivation haha. I can almost taste the success...and the Mt Dew :p xx

Yeah laguna beach, the hills, 90210, one tree hill, the OC are not exactly classic American TV, I thought Ant and Dec where BIG TIME in British TV....lol! I Love Dr. Who, does that classify as good British TV? Some of my favorite TV shows are Scrubs, 30 Rock, The New Girl, Friends, and House....you should check them out. If you like American Teen Drama stuff watch Dawson's Creek....I loved that show as a teen.

Oh....and no changing target weight....lol! :p

Totally feeling the first wemitt wedding here ;) :p

Haha....You never know I guess ;)

Pico hun - a loss is a loss is a loss, celebrate them all :)

You are doing such a lot of walking, I wonder if you're building up muscle (must be) and that's impacting on the actual loss shown on the scales? And did you measure yourself? Sorry, don't mean to nag but it's exactly for this sort of WI, where you scratch your head and go "WTF?". I would lay money on you having lost inches!

I can endorse low carb, I did Atkins and quickly lost two stone but bread is my Achilles heel and I fell of the wagon bigtime. It does seem to work particularly well for men, so just shout if you want any advice - and there's an Atkins section in Minis that I've been posting in for four years, so know them all well - a guy called Jim is the guru there, he lost about 10 stone and has been happily maintaining for years :)

It's better than a .6 gain lovely - you've still done it :)

Are you drinking enough fluids (water/squash etc)? Like Susie says, it's definitely worth measuring yourself - you really will be losing inches :)

I'm looking for my dress for the wedding ;)

Pico hun - a loss is a loss is a loss, celebrate them all :)

You are doing such a lot of walking, I wonder if you're building up muscle (must be) and that's impacting on the actual loss shown on the scales? And did you measure yourself? Sorry, don't mean to nag but it's exactly for this sort of WI, where you scratch your head and go "WTF?". I would lay money on you having lost inches!

I can endorse low carb, I did Atkins and quickly lost two stone but bread is my Achilles heel and I fell of the wagon bigtime. It does seem to work particularly well for men, so just shout if you want any advice - and there's an Atkins section in Minis that I've been posting in for four years, so know them all well - a guy called Jim is the guru there, he lost about 10 stone and has been happily maintaining for years :)

My sister brought that point up regarding the walking and my weight lifting working against me on the scale and I have lost some inches since I did fit into a pair of pants that I have not fit into in a very long time. I lost my measuring tape so I will go out a purchase a new one tomorrow, I wish I had it on hand as I think it would have made me feel a better sooner.

I am going to continue to do more research on the whole Atkins thing and see if its a fit for me, I never wanted to go that extreme so I decided to shelf the idea until I was in a better spot and not wanting a quick fix.

Thank you for the kind ans direct words, I really needed to hear it. :)

It's better than a .6 gain lovely - you've still done it :)

Are you drinking enough fluids (water/squash etc)? Like Susie says, it's definitely worth measuring yourself - you really will be losing inches :)

I'm looking for my dress for the wedding ;)

Yeah I drink my fair share of liquids, at least 5 cups of water and some tea/coffee in the day. I didnt think about the.6 gain over the .6 lost so thank you for pointing that out. Its funny how when you are helping someone else out you can see the Silver Lining but when it comes to yourself your perception becomes a bit more clouded.

Thank you!

Fab news, that's better than a loss on the scales any day :D

Yeah, Ill take it. :)

Im feeling better, still getting my walking done and doing a good job of staying away from the carbs....driking a ton of water. Im still on my grind and working to get to my goal. I will never settle.

Back