A personal account of my SW journey

Monday's food diary:
B: Big and late breakfast with scrambled egg with spinach, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, eggs, beans and HX Cheese
S: Apple and pear
L: Scan Bran cake, a whole one (HXB)
D: Monday dinner; chicken with parsnips, broccoli, leeks, swede and carrot mash, butternut squash, and onion gravy (2syns)

A great day, especially with the good run in the afternoon! Felt like I could have run for longer, but don't want to push or damage myself at this stage. Aiming to run again on Wednesday as parents are visiting on Thursday :eek:

Was a bit emotional, and did have a big cry, but it's partially down to my cycle and partially down to being too busy :(.

I'm halfway through Tuesday writing this, and I'm feeling good about weigh in; aiming for -2lbs as per goals, but any more is good!

Interestingly, I'm struggling at work today. Possibly menstrual, but I want to eat all the biscuits. Any my head hurts :(

Hope the urge subsided!
It did woo hoo!

Tuesday's Food diary
B:Grapes, yogurt, banana
S: Apple
L: :Left over roast dinner, mostly SF with gravy (2 syns) and chicken.
S: Clementine, ham
S 3 x v small cookies 6 syns
D: Roast dinner soup
S: hot chocolate (5)
Total syns 13 V good!

Finally! I'm so excited I'm filling this in at night, after weigh in! First weigh in, 6 lbs lost! Although, if I'm being totally honest I think there was something wrong with the scales, as there were a few people who had lost 6lbs which is highly unusual. I think they were either heavy last week, or light this week. Or both. Either way, I've still lost, and I feel great about it! Am hoping I can keep it up for another week no probs, only need 1lb to get my half stone award :)

Still aiming for a 2lb loss for next week.

Things that will slow my progress: Parental visit, being too busy to run, not eating enough SF, drinking on Friday... Same old culprits.

I've set my alarm for 0615 so I can go for a run before work. It's just so early though! Will take the dog around the park, calculated today that twice around the park is 5km. Soon it'll be too dark to run in the park before or after work, so I feel I should get good enough to run home before the nights get too long. Bloody winter!

Hi there, just popping in! Your food this week is looking great! And well done on the 6lb loss in your first week:) Have you almost finished those biscuits yet? I don't like having biscuits in the cupboard because I can't relax until they're finished, same with wine:D What I do find works is keeping Tesco mini brownie bites in the freezer... Anyway, well done, and what is roast dinner soup???!

Hi thanks for popping in :)

Have you almost finished those biscuits yet? I don't like having biscuits in the cupboard because I can't relax until they're finished, same with wine:D What I do find works is keeping Tesco mini brownie bites in the freezer... Anyway, well done, and what is roast dinner soup???!

Unfortunately, the biscuits are at work! When someone goes on holiday, they bring treats when they come back! It's a never ending supply which requires never ending determination. I don't think I could have mini bites, I'd still scoff them :(

Roast dinner soup is just another word for my left over chicken soup. Often on a Sunday or Monday, I'll skin and slow cook a whole chicken, often with a chopped up lemon. While that's cooking I'll prepare a swede, and lots of carrots, half of these will go in a large bowl and put to the side, half in a saucepan. Then it's butternut squash and other roasting veg, again half in the large bowl and half on a baking tray. Then it's preparing the veg, which can be anything I fancy, usually leeks and broccoli, with half in the bowl (including the chopped up broccoli stalk) and half in a steamer ready to go. When the chicken is cooked, I'll take it out, retain the juices, get rid of the inedible bits, the smaller bits and juices go back in the slow cooker with everything in the large bowl. The rest of the chicken is served when I cook the rest of the roast :) It's always a good day roast day :)

Oh god, I know all about the biscuits at work and the never-ending determination thing. At my work, people are always baking. It took a few weeks for people to stop trying to make me eat their delicious looking cakes, now they all realise that I want to be firm!

Ah, your roast dinner soup sounds yummy. Although, and this is probably just me, my original thought of it being blended leftovers from a roast dinner also sounded pretty good:D

Although, and this is probably just me, my original thought of it being blended leftovers from a roast dinner also sounded pretty good:D
Sometimes I throw in any leftovers and blend them in too, it's all good. I'm not too precious about soups. I also threw in a handful each of lentils, pearl barley and split peas for added protein this time. OH assures me it's amazing :) And well done for saying no to baking! I've not managed to say no to a cake yet, I'm hoping once I get into the swing of things I'll be able to.

Wednesday's food diary:
B; Apple, grapes, banana, yogurt
S: Clementine
L: Soup, yogurt
S: 2 x Alpen light bars (HXB) M&S Biscuit (4.5 Syns), clementine, ham
D: Lemony veggie ribbons with pasta (usually free with HXA of Philadelphia but had to get the full fat variety instead so a a total of 15 syns!!!) Wine (9 Syns)
Total syns for the day: 28.5

I'd have been totally on plan if it wasn't for my OH forgetting the cream cheese and then having to get it from the corner shop, and obviously they only had the full fat version. I decided it was better than a take away so just dealt with it. i'm house sitting for a friend at the moment so the supplies I have in stock are very limited.

Body magic was biking to work and back, bike to my friend's house (house sitting) and a run around the park with the dog. Now, I love the dog, but he's quite unfit, and he's holding me back. I often have to wait for him to catch up. I don't mind the waiting for him to do his business, it's just that's he's slow! I'll probably still take him at the weekend as I won't be so tight on time, so I can attempt two laps of the park, eek!

I'm proud of my not getting too bogged down with the wrong cheese issue, another time I might have given up entirely and just had a take away.

Syns for the week so far: 28.5/105 = 76.5 left (12.5 per day for 6 days).

Challenges ahead: meal out with mum and dad, job interview tomorrow, giving blood on Tuesday.

Having a wobbly day.... just need to stick with it! 13 syns so far and I'm going out for dinner... eek!!!

Thursday food diary (written away from my actual diary, so guessing, but my paper copy has everything)

B: Apple, Clementine, Yogurt
S: Chocolate biscuit (4.5)
L: Last of the leftover pasta stuff (5 syns est) skinny latte (HXA)
D: Boiled rice, curry, dumplings, est 20 syns

Body magic: Walk to work, approx 5 km.

Had my parents stay over, was ok. Lovely meal out, resisted the alcohol so I did well there. Also the food tasted so healthy! Lovely.

Friday food diary:

B: Banana, 2 x celmentines
L: Soup, strawberries
S: HXB Bran flakes; HXA Milk: Banana
D: Slimming world chips and bbq sauce, mayo, and salad creme; no more than 10 syns of sauce.
Body magic, cycle to work, to the drs, to the house, to home then back to the house, approx 9miles in total.

Felt amazing all day, been offered a promotion so was high on that all day. Then came crashing down and found myself hunting around in the freezer and cupboards. Considered eating.... everything, but just had a bowl of cereal and a banana and waited until I had SW chips. Was an enormous not so healthy size portion but I feel stuffed now!

Have a study day planned tomorrow, always a temptation!

Last edited:
Hi Samassassy,
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and Well done on avoiding the alcohol.
I also feel your pain with the snacks at work situation.
However half of my office are now on Slimming world trying to lose some weight for Christmas so hopefully that might change.
Good luck with your study day ☺

Well done on managing the last few days and not succumbing to just eating whatever was there. And many congratulations on the promotion!

Thanks guys :) Super chuffed with my promotion; I didn't dislike my job a the level I was at, but I had started to feel I wasn't developing fast enough any more, and I'm saving to move house so more money will mean I can do that sooner :)

Haha, thanks Suzy. I'm definitely the only one who needs to slim in my team, everyone else is rather skinny, but they're also moderate with the snacks and eat salads for lunch.

Saturday food diary:
B: SW fry up with mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, and scrambled egg with leek.
L: Left overs from breakfast, potato waffle (2.5 syns), Banana, Left over soup, 2xclementine
S: Tiny bit of bread (1Syn), Ginger (1 syn)
D: SW sausages, Mushy Peas, eggs

So I know it's a weird dinner, but it just felt right!
Body Magic: Took the dog around the park, ran for 30 mins :) Felt good, it felt like I could have run for longer and faster if the dog hadn't have slowed me down. I've decided that running with the dog is a lot more fun though, so will continue with that. Perhaps he'll get fitter and be able to keep up soon... I also spent a while cycling around doing chores, visiting several libraries for example.

I managed to keep my syns low, and stick to my aim of not having any alcohol Friday or Saturday night :) Think I can have 10 syns a day for the rest of the SW week without feeling too guilty! One of the reasons I managed this was because I've avoided going out because of my headaches. Am going to keep a log and consult doctor if it continues.

In other fun news, I confirmed my holiday, woo hoo! I'm going away in Jauary, so will need to think about my SW plan towards then. I'm going to Italy so there's no hope of me being on plan!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) It's glorious weather here today, so I might do some gardening, take the dog for a walk, other pottering about things. I've changed my working schedule this week so I'm working tomorrow and will have Wednesday off, I'm excited already! Have a big night out planned for next Friday, so will need to be careful on Friday and Saturday.

Hey,
Sounds like you've got in under control.
I was having loads of headaches but upped my water intake and they have gone. I think all the extra speed might we hydrate us.
So your right to do a food diary but track your water intake too.
Enjoy your gardening. ☺
Thanks guys :) Super chuffed with my promotion; I didn't dislike my job a the level I was at, but I had started to feel I wasn't developing fast enough any more, and I'm saving to move house so more money will mean I can do that sooner :)

Haha, thanks Suzy. I'm definitely the only one who needs to slim in my team, everyone else is rather skinny, but they're also moderate with the snacks and eat salads for lunch.

Saturday food diary:
L: Left overs from breakfast, potato waffle (2.5 syns), Banana, Left over soup, 2xclementine

Body Magic: Took the dog around the park, ran for 30 mins :) Felt good, it felt like I could have run for longer and faster if the dog hadn't have slowed me down. I've decided that running with the dog is a lot more fun though, so will continue with that. Perhaps he'll get fitter and be able to keep up soon... I also spent a while cycling around doing chores, visiting several libraries for example.

I managed to keep my syns low, and stick to my aim of not having any alcohol Friday or Saturday night :) Think I can have 10 syns a day for the rest of the SW week without feeling too guilty! One of the reasons I managed this was because I've avoided going out because of my headaches. Am going to keep a log and consult doctor if it continues.

In other fun news, I confirmed my holiday, woo hoo! I'm going away in Jauary, so will need to think about my SW plan towards then. I'm going to Italy so there's no hope of me being on plan!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) It's glorious weather here today, so I might do some gardening, take the dog for a walk, other pottering about things. I've changed my working schedule this week so I'm working tomorrow and will have Wednesday off, I'm excited already! Have a big night out planned for next Friday, so will need to be careful on Friday and Saturday.

Saturday food diary:

Oh, I forgot to mention something very important, to me at least.

Saturday morning breakfast, I was actually full! Me?! Full! So I stopped eating, put the left overs in a pot and saved them for later. This is an enormous thing for me :)

Sunday food diary:
B: Massive brunch with SW sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, potato, beans, egg and cheese. Honey in my tea for 1Syn
L: Clementine, banana, yogurt, 2 x brown bread (HXB) cheese (HXA)
D: Courgetti, mushroom, leek and sausage omelette with last bit of cheese from my HXA
S: Alpro chocolate snack pot of heaven (5syns)

So a good day, 10 syns, totally on plan.
Walked the dog a bit, but nothing too strenuous. Did a lot of chilling out! Pleased I managed to eat on plan as there was a little part of me that was looking to go west. Way west. I resisted and did ok. Also managed to mow the lawn and do some laundry, that's all body magic, right?

Feeling good about the week ahead :)

Although I am craving now. I have some very ripe bananas on my desk...

It's been a busy few days! Here goes:
Monday Food diary:
BApple, clementine yogurt, grapes
S: Biscuit (4Syns)
L:Stew, scan bran, HXAcheese, yogurt, clementine
D: Steak, mushroom, tomato, chips! Sauce!
SYNS 31.3
Body Magic: Walked to work

Was a good day, but colleagues were visiting from London so I went out for dinner with them. I tried to go for a better option but there was nothing on the menu, so I ended up having steak and chips. A lot of syns but after an excellent weekend I figure it's not going to totally ruin my week. It was mostly out of convenience but also was partially my greed.

Tuesday Food diary:
B:Apple, Clementine, grapes
S; Banana
L:Last of the left over stew, clementine
S; Clementine, a few tasters at group
D: OH made lasagne, free with HXA, 4 x Coors light and 2 x Fruit beers
SYNS 31 - bad, but was a treat. Need to work off those extra 16 syns now...
Body magic: Cycled to and from work, then to and from group.

What an amazing weigh in! I did give blood, so I technically might have cheated a bit, but 4.5 off is definitely not to be sniffed at :D Was slimmer of the week by proxy, I wasn't the actual slimmer of the week but I got the fruit, and man was there a lot of fruit! Will be eating that for a few days. Was feeling positive for the week ahead and made a couple of new friends.

Wednesday food diary:
B; Left over lasagne with salad :HXAcheese
L: Mugshot, banana
D: Chips and gravy (21.5 syns)
S: Vodka and diet coke (3)
Ran on Wednesday. Was a struggle but tried remembering that It's through hard work that we get better. Was really tired after a hard 25 mins but good. Went without the dog; I missed the company but got to run faster, I didn't have to wait for him! Had to have a breather around 16 minutes but all's good. Is still early days. Bad with syns, have had 25.9 extra syns since weigh in!

Am worried about tonight, I'm out for dinner again and know I'll want to opt for chips...

Back