A quest for the old happy Em

Well due to my rather odd lunch and a rumbling tummy all afternoon I gave the swim after work a miss and made up a bit of time on my clock instead. I had my rice, naked quorn fillets (those with no syns or yummy coating!) and some left over katsu curry sauce for tea. With a mini milk to finish.

OH came home late and then got moody with me as I didn't go to the pool as promised....makes me feel like a right lazy fat cow when he does that....which is what he's after of course but it's not very helpful. I thought I'd been really good sticking on plan today, having 10 syns and doing some more energetic work away from my desk all afternoon :( Well after I'd been given the silent treatment for a couple hours I came upstairs to use the laptop to come read forum stuff and generally pick my mood back up at all the success stories etc to motivate me. He came in for a bit and tried to be all chatty and cuddly as he realised I was upset. Just as well I hadn't gone for the crisps or something like I normally would do when I'm down.

My will power : 1
My fat girl comfort eater instinct : nil :D

Well done Emmylou for restraining yourself at lunch time:) and for not turning to comfort food last night:):)
Have been reading through your diary and can identify with a lot of things you have said. I am also a serial 'scale jumper' but sounds like you are closer to breaking the habit than me. Like you I know that its a negative habit but I always hear the scales calling me in the morning. My husband has threatened to lock them away! Good luck with your next weigh-in. XX

Thanks Jane R, I lack the willpower to stick to a diet without seeing results, hence jumping on the scales every morning! If I see a drop it keeps me going but a gain sometimes throws me off the wagon. The OH gets annoyed and threatens to lock mine away too!!

Luckily on my weekly weigh in this morning I was 2 pounds lighter....I was prepared to be happy with 1 pound or even a half pound so I'm amazed :D All those good days after the pastries Tuesday paid off afterall. Being the week my little red friend visits as well I'm even more shocked I lost weight.

Sooooo happy right now I'm totally set for this week to keep going. I'm now back where I was in February before I levelled out and lost heart in it all and put 7 lbs back on. Hopefully my weight will keep going down now and not stop here again. Just 5 pounds away from being the same weight as my boyfriend for the first time ever.

Well done you. Is that enough encouragement to keep you on the wagon (and off the scales!) for a few days?

On the wagon yes, off the scales.....maybe ;) I'm trying to cut it down so I do a mid week weigh and the weekly one. So Wednesday and Sunday.

Made vegetable paela from the free recipe book on this months mag last night. Rather tasty. Hope it's ok cold as I have it for lunch today and tomorrow - syn free :)

Off out for a meal for my Auntie's 70th on Sunday so need to save some syns for that. It's a cavery place (although the veggie option will probably be cheese laden veg lasagne) and they only do a two course meal. I was trying to be exceptionally restrained and not have pud but you have to pay for it either way.....not sure what to do? Pay for it and not have it or just have it on this one occasion as I haven't had a meal out in a few weeks. Maybe just pick the least calorie filled option - not the chocolate cake or anything with pastry. I guess ice cream is best or even better if they have sorbet.

Well done EmmyLou ! Keep up the good work. I made mistake of jumping on the scales again this morning, lets just say they wern't very kind to me. I have official weigh in tomorrow night so I am hoping for a miracle. X

Thanks Jane :) Good luck for your weigh in, hope you get a half pound off at least. That's still better than a gain or staying the same and at that rate you'd still lose 26lbs a year! Do you know why the scales were nasty to you? I feel better when I think I know why I've put some on but it's so disheartening when you've been really good and it doesn't show :(

The scales called me too loudly to resist this morning so I gave in to them. 0.2 of a pound lighter than Sunday! I wasn't after a loss, just confirmation that Sunday wasn't a one off, how sad is that!?

Issues at work yesterday had me sulking in the evening.....luckily I remained determined and didn't cave into chocolate. I think I might actually be learning to turn bad situations into a reason to carry on instead of give in for the first time in my life. How much better would getting thinner make me feel about things compared to how bad getting fatter would make me feel?

A saying that always goes round my head at the thought of syning....does it taste as good as thin feels?

I think the chocolate cravings actually do go when you give the stuff up - who'd have thought it!? I've had the odd tiny bit on things like alpen bars and kellogs fibre bars. Other than that, no 'proper' chocolate for the 4 weeks I've been back on plan. I'm an all or nothing girl. If I allowed myself the curly wurly (low syn allowable choccy as you all know) I'd be having one every day and want more besides.

Feeling pretty chuffed I'm doing well saving my syns for sunday's meal out at the mo. Having between 2 and 5 syns so I'll have 60 or more left for Sunday.

OH is pleased with my progress. Our WiThings scales send the readings to an app on his iphone so he can see my graph/BMI/fat content if he wants to. There's a surprising difference between man fat and lady fat.....acording to the scales we're almost the same weight (about 5lbs different) but I'm 6 stone of fat (out of 14 stone 7lbs) and he's only 2 and a bit. I think having H cups must account for 2 of those stone though!!

Thanks for your support Emmylou. I lost 2.5 lbs this week so either I dropped weight during the day yesterday or my scales are lying to me! Anyway the 2lbs I put on last week have gone and an extra bit so I am pleased. I am very impressed that you didn't turn to chocalate yesterday. Well done you! X

I think the chocolate cravings actually do go when you give the stuff up - who'd have thought it!?

I'm beginning to think that they do. A bit, anyway. Certainly I think the sugar rushes get less: if you don't have all the sugar to get the highs, you don't get the lows and crave it.

Which is one positive thing from this dieting lark!

I wonder, though, if we cut down on the chocolate and the sugar so much, will we get a worse effect when occasionally we let ourselves have more than a tiny bit?

Aw well done Jane!! Hope more comes off next week too. Always nice after a gain to lose it the next week as you feel like you're not playing catch up any more then and can get back on track. Good luck :)

Really wouldn't have been worth me turning to the chocolate...the following day the guy acted like nothing had happened and he hadn't had a pop at me for no reason and now everything is back to normal. Upset over of course but without an apology from him. I am a complete doormat which is probably down to my lack of confidence, I'll let people just get away with stuff for an easy life rather than make a fuss. Maybe that'll change when I get some self confidence back?

JimofTroy I think you've got it spot on, no sugar highs and lows now. I used to grab a chocolate bar mid afternoon from the machine as I was needing a sugary pick me up rather than the actual taste of the chocolate. I think I crave it less because I'm not needing the sugar lift. I'm having a cheese mug shot most afternoons now so carbs instead (and 2 syns but very much worth it). I think we'd find sugary things too sweet now after a period without it - like full fat coke or squash. I'd probably just get hooked again instantly with a cube of dairy milk ;)

I know I can manage the odd cube of dairy milk. If I went back to wolfing whole bars at a time, I'm not sure how I'd react!

I think I can avoid the chocolate temptation till xmas....when I'll be given chocolate by both my parents and my Nan - both of which make comments constantly about my weight!?

Scales again this morning, I just can't stop myself this week. I think it's because I'm being so good saving syns for Sunday I'm expecting to see some sign of that on the scales, which is silly. Although they were very nice to me today and I'd lost 1.5 pounds!! :D Hopefully that'll stay off till my proper weigh in pre Sunday lunch.

I took a whole load of body measurements last night.....wish I'd done them at the start as I'm already 1 stone 12 lbs down but nevermind. I plan to take some before pics on the weekend as well. I have over 3 stone to go so hopefully they'll still look impressive before and after pics that'll help keep me at target when I look at them. I had some measurements from 3 years back when I was 4lbs lighter than now and first found out I had the thyroid problem. About 0.5 to 1 inch different to now all over. Nice to think if I lose just a few more pounds I'll be the lightest I've been in 3 years!

Yes, I wish I'd measured myself before I started. I'm about half way now, so I could do it now - but I'm not sure that's really worth while!

Being camera shy means I don't have many 'fat' photos either really. I'm going to get my boyfriend to take pics of me in my undies this weekend - purely for dieting purposes of course ;) That'll hopefully show a decent before shot that isn't hidden or disguised under clothes but in all it's hideous fat rolls and celulite covered glory. Sorry TMI!

If you lose a lot like you have JimofTroy, then it'll be obvious in all photos....it's nice to have actual measurements though. Or a fat pair of jeans you keep in the back of the wardrobe that you can pull on done up over another pair of jeans with space to spare and think 'oh my god, did I really fill these?'. I could do that once with a pair of size 18's :cry:Now I'll be over the moon to get in those 18's again and be able to do them up! What a depressing thought right before lunch.

You're doing so well JimofTroy I think you should do some measurements. As when you finish you can look back and think 'wow, I'm so much smaller than that and that was already half way through!! Imagine how much smaller I am than when I started'. :)

Just realised that if I was at class instead of doing it at home I'd have got my club 10 award last week :D I do miss the reward stickers in a way, I know it's just a sticker but it's still meaningful to you when you achieve it.

Maybe I should too, I am enjoying seeing Bimbo crawl towards his goal on my ticker. A sticker or two would keep him company on my posts :)

The scale addiction continues unabated this week as yet again I find my stripping down and hopping on them first thing in the morning. Much to my surprise I've lost 2 pounds so far this week now!! Woo hoo, yay me, and all that :)

I'm now the lightest I've been since passing this weight briefly on the way up to my heaviest.

Well done Emmylou!:) Yes the scales continue to call me every morning too. I wish I could break the habit because it certainly doesn't do me any good if they give me bad news.
I will be giving up going to SW class fairly soon because of various things but intend to continue following the SW plan.
I had thought of asking my husband to be my 'official weigher' but am a bit worried that he might lock the scales away after each weigh in. How sad is that!! X

Back