Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

hmmmm quorn sounds nice might have to give it a try x well done on getting back on track abz.... keep away from the ben n Jerrys x

i would say you'd have to fight OH for it but he's one of those infuriating people that it just doesn't matter to.. he knows it's there, but doesn't care. it will stay there until he decides he may as well eat some. oh for a brain like that one... or a body. he's one of those slender chaps. grrr. still. he put on about 9lbs while we were away too :D

abz xx

right guys. i'm thinking of heading to bed. am shattered after a very long and dull day at work!!

am going to hunt for something to read :)

catch you all tomorrow.

abz xx

Well good morning chaps. I managed to sleep until almost 8 o' clock this morning. that's almost unheard of!! didn't take me that long to go to sleep last night either. probably about 10 or 11 so that's marathon sleep for me!! woo. this lush temple balm stuff really does it's job. i still woke up a couple of times through the night but drifted straight off again. and i had some really really balmy dreams...

i have gained half a lb back this morning. ha. methinks that huge quorn portion is kicking around inside me and laughing :) serves me right... but official weigh in day isn't until tomorrow and i am determined to have rid of that half a lb by then. i don't actually know how much i've lost this week but i think it's in the realm of 5lbs of holiday squatter lbs. so another half a stone or so until i'm getting rid of the hard core ones again...

i have no idea what to do with my time today. i need to tidy up a bit, do a LOT of washing up that's been left, although i suppose i could bung it in the dishwasher... hmm... and do some clothes washing. and i'm thinking of watching a chick flick with richard gere and j lopez in it. shall we dance? it was on sale in hmv and i bought it as part of a job lot the other day. i'm partial to dancy chick flicks so i might watch that. and then persuade thomas to watch i am legend tonight :D well, i never said my taste wasn't wide...

urgh i feel all groggy!!

abz xx

well guys i've been rather productive today. i have been ringing the orthodontic unit to chase up on my appointment for braces for my orthognathic surgery. i'm supposed to be having my upper jaw moved as it is behind my upper one when i clench my teeth by about a cm if you get what i mean?

turns out that the new member of staff they were supposed to be getting went on maternity leave so i may not hear anything for another six months, so nearly two years after my original appointment instead of six months like i was told. but at least i'm on the waiting list. apparently i'm number 18... at least i won't have gaps in my teeth for my wedding. they need to create gaps for the extra fake teeth i will be getting and i thought i might look gummy in the pics!! i may have braces but hopefully not gaps!! argh. ha.

i am a bit worried about it though because the surgery does change the way you look. my upper jaw will move forwards so my nose will change. i think i'll look like the sister i never had. and with wanting to start a family etc, obviously i can't have the surgery when preggers, and i wouldn't want to. but wouldn't having it with a small baby or child confuse matters? they might not know who i am afterwards!!

what do you think?

i also stuck myself on the waiting list for an nhs dentist which i've been meaning to do for ages. got the OH on there too. forgot his dob for a mo though and looked rather dipsy.

oh. and i cleaned the kitchen. for once i feel like i've done something with my day off. ha. i should really tidy the living room as well... but right now i can't be faffed. am actually thinking of lazing in the bath for a bit but i don't have a good book to take with me so i don't know... hmm.

am about a litre and a bit of water down so that's going well and i have had my fruit for brekkie but no shakes yet so i might go and make myself one since i just realised that it is ten past three!!

abz xx

oh god i want pizza. aaargh.

it's stress related. i just blew up the fuses. not the ones controlling the pc obviously, ha. the bathroom light went BANG rather than pop when the bulb went. i have swapped the fuses around so we have lights upstairs. guess i'm going to b and q tomorrow....

abz xx

Wow Abz you have been a busy little bunny......you're right to get all the dental stuff sorted - why wait? You're wedding will be like those 'big reveal' shows where everyone is gasping at the beauty walking down the aisle...........I'm sure the change will be subtle and people will not quite know what's been done, but will tell you that you look great. My OH's son and my neice both had dental work done and they have fabulous knashers now.........go for it!

well i now know that there's no hope in hell. i'll be lucky if i even get the braces fitted before the wedding, ha. but at least i won't have missing teeth for the wedding. that was my main concern. i don't mind having braces, ha.

now i'm just stressing about a photographer. aargh.

oh. a 6.75lb weight loss to report. 6.75lbs left to go until pre holiday weight is achieved :D feels like one hell of an uphill struggle mind you!! still, i'm getting glugging and i'm being good and i WILL get there. probably not before seeing my cdc... but i WILL get there!! ha.

how are you all doing?

abz xx

Well i feel like crap. sooo tired. hungry, thirsty, moody, more tired. no particular reason either. i have had a good loss this week, but i feel as if it's more of a reminder on how much i put on over my hols than a success on the diet. i just want to give up. i'm not going to of course, but that doesn't mean i can't want to...

abz x

hey abz, well done on the loss hun. have just been catching up my god you have been busy!! omg i hate dentists but i have to make a appoitment soon to get my teeth looked at there a right mess. ment to do it before i went on holiday but didnt get round to it. you should def get whatever needs doing done hun, and have it over with and beautiful pics on your wedding day :) xx

ha. my teeth are fine. they are just in the wrong places :D my smile looks fine if a little gappy in the front teeth department at the mo. no chance of getting anything else done before the wedding. just plan what colour i want the bands on my braces i guess :)

abz xx

oh can you get dif colours? my sister had a lot of work done she had two really bucked front teeth there perfect now though! its madness the stuff they can do these days isnt it

well guys i'm feeling pretty naff. i've felt hungover all day despite not drinking and i'm not in ketosis so it's not carb hangover. it's just naff. am drinking loads of water etc but i am just feeling disillusioned today...

abz xx

Back