Alexmummy's learning journey...

Friday 19th June...

Well it's nearly Father's Day...what did I look like this time last year - was I back up to 16 stone? I don't think I was funny enough, but I'm almost certain I was into the 15 stone mark, possibly more though...

Scary to think how much has changed in a year, I do wish I was lower into the 11's by now, mid 11's would have been nice, and edging towards the 10's - I just think 10 stone something, sounds sooo much nicer than 12 stone something or even 11 stone something (for my height)
Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait to crack into the 11 stone's but I know how my brain works, and as soon as I crack the 11's, my brain will automatically re-focus and want to then crack the 10's straight away, although I know this won't happen in the way I want it too.

Had a bit of a down day yesterday, just about life in general, finances, a bit of a worry wobble about how Alex is progressing, is he the 'norm' for 18 months etc. I think I'm ok today though, I think I need to concentrate on what Alex CAN do rather than what he can't, and I guess that works the same way for me and my weight, I need to focus on what I have lost/shed so far, ie. almost 5 stone, rather than how much I still have to go. Although, of course, I still want to keep that focus of where I am going, and never want to leave that behind, or forget it as such.

It's a beautiful day outside, I just need to get motivated to get going, though all I want to do is actually get things on ebay - yet I can't because, my lovely fiance' has lost our camera somewhere :rolleyes:...joy...and not good because we really do have lots of lovely/mostly immaculate stuff that is just clogging up our house that could go a way to helping our financial situation a bit.

Anyway...

Today's Menu so far at least as I think there may be a shop to Tesco later.

Breakfast.
CD Shake - Choc Mint
Shredded Wheat + Milk from allowance(1/2 allowance)

Lunch
CD Bar - Caramel
Small Salad + Balsamic Vinegar + salad seasoning

Dinner
40g couscous
3tbsps salad + lemon
(need to work out the meat/fish - thinking maybe fish today, quite fancy cod)

Strawberries from allowance + fat free yoghurt (2 tablespoons)

Update on menu

Breakfast.
CD Shake - Choc Mint
Shredded Wheat + Milk from allowance(1/2 allowance)

Lunch
CD Bar - Caramel
Small Salad + Balsamic Vinegar + salad seasoning

Dinner
40g couscous
3tbsps salad + lemon
Cod Fillet (1/2 allowance)
1/4 allowance cottage cheese

Strawberries from allowance + fat free yoghurt (2 tablespoons)

Dinner was yummy, although felt a lot!

Gutted that i can't find my camera still - and don't have the money for a new one. x

Saturday 20th June...

Well today was a fairly ok day, well I guess 50/50 actually.
Started the day looking into finances and how we can get back onto the straight and narrow...a tough job at the moment. A big part of me is really thinking of having to follow in what Jess has done this week with the jiggling around if 800 - 1000 calories but with only 1 cambridge product for a few weeks....not an ideal solution, but definately a possibility. We have set a very strict budget for the month, and are going to be very frugal at sticking to it to the penny - Would like to come in on target, or maybe even a couple of pounds under the aim.

After that went out to get my dad's voucher for his Father's Day gift, and dropped that off to him. Whilst there, have managed to borrow mum's camera, so will be getting lots of things up on ebay over the next few days with the hope of being able to make a few pennies towards the above!

None of this helps my diet I know, but it's something I have to keep focusing on, and touch wood it hasn't knocked me off track so far, just want to be able to have savings again so much, and with the threat of Chris's job going so soon, we really need to be able to get rid of the debts we have ASAP.

Apologies this has turned into a bit of a 'downer' thread, I think I just need to make the pennies to be able to continue on Cambridge and it is definately getting harder to carry on, and it seems like someone is trying to stop me completing my goal. Still trying though!

Anyway, for now, looking ahead to Monday's weigh in, still hoping and praying to get into the 11 stone mark, but knowing my luck won't quite hit it.

Hoping for a positive weigh in for a change though!

Just a quick check in today. Had a fairly good day, kept to it diet wise :)
Finally tried the dress on for mum's anniversary. Picking problems with it, but hoping in another 3 weeks it might be ok. Could do with a few accesories with it, but will see...

This is the front view - but the side view etc is in my gallery album. It's a 14, and I started at a 20 :(
Praying for a loss to get me into 11's tomorrow xx
14775-albums1304-picture8720.jpg

Anyway, this is the dress...

Alex, it looks fab! You've come such a long way, it DEFINITELY fits and you are going to look brilliant! Keep on going Alex, you're doing so well.

xxx

Hi Am, the dress looks fab!! good luck with the Wi today hun!

Sorry to hear about your finances hun it's worrying i know, i am in the same situation with both hubby n my jobs finishing this month. but i keep telling myself...i'll manage it somehow! try not to worry hunny hope things improve for you soon!

xx

Alex, it looks fab! You've come such a long way, it DEFINITELY fits and you are going to look brilliant! Keep on going Alex, you're doing so well.

Thank you - I can definately see the problem areas, and lots to work on, but I don't actually remember the last time I even tried a dress on! It's my typical 'black' colour, but hoping to search the wardrobe a bit more to find something to accesorise it with to brighten it up for on the night.(11th July)

Hi Am, the dress looks fab!! good luck with the Wi today hun!

Thanks Lelly - I am always nervous for W.I. Sometimes I wonder why because I know apart from the tiny blip with the sauce I know I have followed the plan rigidly as always.

Sorry to hear about your finances hun it's worrying i know, i am in the same situation with both hubby n my jobs finishing this month. but i keep telling myself...i'll manage it somehow! try not to worry hunny hope things improve for you soon!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with finances/jobs too. It's certainly not easy in this climate is it?

Weigh in is at 7 tonight, so fingers crossed I'll get into the 11's

xx

Let us know how the WI goes hon... fingers are crossed for you!

xxx

Back from my W.I. and have lost 2lbs this week which has made me :), more than ever because I am FINALLY in the 11 stone's, 11 stone 13 to be exact today, that makes me reallllly happy. :D

I won't be weighing in officially with CDC for the next 3 weeks now, so will need the extra support on here to keep me on track.
xx

Well done honey!!!! That's such an achievement... here's to the 11s!!!!

xxx

That's fabulous hun! really pleased for you getting in the 11's!!:D

Tuesday 23rd June...

Went to bed last night with a massive migraine - first one I have had in a few months, and my word it was soooo bad :( Took my tablets from Dr's and seems to have knocked it back, but getting the aftershocks today, so not feeling 100% but I'm here just about :)

So today is the aftermath from W.I. too, still feeling very happy about weighing in at 11 stone 13...and hoping that over the next 3 weeks...I'll manage to get to 11 stone 7 before my next official weigh in with CDC (here's hoping).

She did however mention to me that my bingo wings are looking a bit...well bingo'ey - so I really do need to start doing something about them, because I know it myself, but now it's been mentioned by someone else too (and I know she is only being honest) I guess it shocks you into action a bit more...the intention is there to start a new exercise routine, it's just finding the motivation when I seem to have so much else on too (not a good enough excuse though I feel)

Today I am still uploading things to ebay, as have sooo much stuff to go + gonna have to pop to Tesco too, trying to return some shirts that fiance' bought when he was bigger too, but is now tiny, so they wouldn't fit, and are still in packet, so will see if I can return them. (every penny counts lol) Typically, he left a tiny amount of milk this am, so my little boy had it, and none left for me for my brekkie, so I'll have to grab some before I can even have my brekkie - yep I know the time, so had better get a move on!

Thinking it may be a Tuna/pasta dish tonight...

Will put menu up in a while xx

Hope you're feeling OK now, migraines are horrible.

xxx

Tuesday 23rd June...

Went to bed last night with a massive migraine - first one I have had in a few months, and my word it was soooo bad :( Took my tablets from Dr's and seems to have knocked it back, but getting the aftershocks today, so not feeling 100% but I'm here just about :)

So today is the aftermath from W.I. too, still feeling very happy about weighing in at 11 stone 13...and hoping that over the next 3 weeks...I'll manage to get to 11 stone 7 before my next official weigh in with CDC (here's hoping).

She did however mention to me that my bingo wings are looking a bit...well bingo'ey - so I really do need to start doing something about them, because I know it myself, but now it's been mentioned by someone else too (and I know she is only being honest) I guess it shocks you into action a bit more...the intention is there to start a new exercise routine, it's just finding the motivation when I seem to have so much else on too (not a good enough excuse though I feel)

Today I am still uploading things to ebay, as have sooo much stuff to go + gonna have to pop to Tesco too, trying to return some shirts that fiance' bought when he was bigger too, but is now tiny, so they wouldn't fit, and are still in packet, so will see if I can return them. (every penny counts lol) Typically, he left a tiny amount of milk this am, so my little boy had it, and none left for me for my brekkie, so I'll have to grab some before I can even have my brekkie - yep I know the time, so had better get a move on!

Thinking it may be a Tuna/pasta dish tonight...

Will put menu up in a while xx

Hi hun, oooh cheeky cdc and pesky muscles huh? so... got an idea for you if ur interested...how about get a tin of beans and and whilst you sit at computer hold arm straight up in the air and lift and lower the beans behind your head...easy peasy and no a gym in sight...haha!

Glad you are still buzzing about the 11's you'll do fab and get there in not time!

snap!..was thinking tuna n pasta meself for tonight too!

have a fab one!

x

Hi hun, oooh cheeky cdc and pesky muscles huh? so... got an idea for you if ur interested...how about get a tin of beans and and whilst you sit at computer hold arm straight up in the air and lift and lower the beans behind your head...easy peasy and no a gym in sight...haha!

x

Going to get beans...how many reps do I need to do to start with?...CDC was v honest - fiance suggests rude, but I do just think honest, but in photo's album shows how big arms were, and as the weight coming off, skin is now being affected, not a big surprise really. Plus I have a condition (CFS) which causes my arms to swell up and then go down again - not all that helpful really, but determined to tone! xx

ooh i dunno til you tire i suppose, little steps n all that!
give yourself a break hun you've lost a lot of lbs and the skin will take time to shrink back (looking at pics...can't see bingo wings??you are looking fab!!)
have fun with beans!
x

Back