Alexmummy's learning journey...

Silly me today forgot a few things food wise, and it ended up too late to have them, so anyway this was my menu for today.

Breakfast:
Shredded Wheat + Milk

Lunch
Small Salad

Dinner
Tuna
Cottage Cheese
Salad

3 litres of water

- missed out 1 CD Shake and 1 item of carb from dinner (was meant to be pasta) just totally forgot it, I think sometimes I forget I am on 1000 and don't realise I need the carb. Will make sure I have tomorrow, I'm sure it won't be a harm too much x

24th June 2009...

Well what a gorgeous day outside!

Have managed to get my Uni work done this morning, so that's good, just need to keep going so not to fall behind as it's a team project at the moment.

Plan for today...stick to the 1000 plan, weigh/measure everything, and lots of water as weather is hotting up and I bloat with the hot weather (not a good combo!)

Possibly a nice walk too...

Menu for today...

Breakfast:
Banana
Shredded Wheat + Milk

Lunch
CD Bar
Small Salad

Snack
CD Choc Mint (I'm having withdrawals not having one yesterday lol)

Dinner
Baked Potato with 1/2 allowance Cottage Cheese, 1/2 Chicken Quorn Allowance & Salad - yumm - and lovely in this weather... :)

24th June 2009...

Well what a gorgeous day outside!

Have managed to get my Uni work done this morning, so that's good, just need to keep going so not to fall behind as it's a team project at the moment.

Plan for today...stick to the 1000 plan, weigh/measure everything, and lots of water as weather is hotting up and I bloat with the hot weather (not a good combo!)

Possibly a nice walk too...

Menu for today...

Breakfast:
Banana
Shredded Wheat + Milk

Lunch
CD Bar
Small Salad

Snack
CD Choc Mint (I'm having withdrawals not having one yesterday lol)

Dinner
Baked Potato with 1/2 allowance Cottage Cheese, 1/2 Chicken Quorn Allowance & Salad - yumm - and lovely in this weather... :)

hi alexm, glad you have enjoyed the sun, me too! it's lovely...did you manage to get the walk in?
your menu looks fab too!

x

Lol Jess you have obviously forgotten the message I sent you a while back then - because I told you (on CD forum) where I lived and that we were pretty close lol.

I'm biased when it comes to Alex of course ;)

Well I've had a pretty good day, have just done the shopping online for the first time in ages, very lazy considering I live right next to a big Tesco's - but we go in and never pick exactly what we want, or take a list, but get caught up with Alex wanting to get out of trolley etc, so thought bugger it, for a change, lets do it this way and try to save some pennies. Have bought 1 week, but got enough for majority of a second week too - just got to make sure we make it work now.

Had a lovely walk around the park this afternoon, and took Alex's ball to play with, so he enjoyed that too. My fiance came over after work too, so went to the swings then too which was lovely - I lurrrve summer nights :).

We have baby music class tomorrow, which keeps him entertained too, and I have the car for a change too - woohoo! Must attempt to get to the bank too!

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday evening xx

June 25th...

Gorgeous hot sunny day today - love it like this :)

Took Alex to music class this morning - was in such a rush (as always) that didn't have chance for either of us to have brekkie before we went, so had it when we both got back. Alex seems to be coming on ok in the class, but I do worry for him still being behind for his age...hhmmm :rolleyes:

Had my shopping delivered (first on the route me thinks lol) Although I do live right next to Tesco, it really has saved us money doing it online, and we had a £10 voucher too, so saved more money, and were able to do the swap and save stuff too. It all came, and only one substiution which was my little Quorn pieces, for bigger Quorn pieces...I can live with that :)

Having looked at finances AGAIN today, I think I have almost decided that I either have to switch from CD to WW for the remainder of the journey, or I'm going to have to do CD with only 1 pack a day...I really don't want to go up another plan though, and would rather do 1 pack a day at 900 - 1000 calories a day, but whether CDC will agree to this is a different story...I've got 2 weeks til I see her, and already nervous about approaching the subject. I feel like my finances are ruling everything, but with only 3 definate pay days until Chris finds out if he is to lose his job, we really do need to get this money situation sorted once and for all. It's not vastly awful. I mean we need hundreds, not thousands, but paying £110 to CD every month isn't really helping, if that was down to £56 a month (4 weeks I'm working on) or less then I'd know I was doing my absolute best...If Chris managed to keep his job, and I still had lots more weight to go, then I could perhaps go back to 2 CD packs a day then.
In an ideal scenario this isn't what I would want to do, as I want to follow the plans religiously, but I feel it's either cut down, or switch to WW, which isn't really what I want to do either...

Going back to a plus - went to my nan's this afternoon, bless her and my grandad, they are sooo lovely. They bought the BBQ meal deal thing from Morrisons for us (well fiance and Alex) and the chicken pieces for me, to help our budget lol. So sweet :)

Took Katycakes advice and bought some Turkey mince to have and realised 1 pack will do 3 meals, so have portioned it up, and put 2 portions in the freezer and one for tonight, to get my spag bol craving out of my head...

So for today's menu...

Breakfast:
Shredded Wheat + Skimmed Milk

Lunch
Small Salad

Snack
Chocolate Tetra

Tea
(finally :))
Turkey Mince
Wholewheat Pasta
Mushrooms
Veg stock cube

Apple for afterwards

Hi Alex,
Wasn't me with the turkey mince, I'm veggie... quorn is the only kind of mince I know about!

Sorry the money thing is still dogging you... I wish I knew what to say. I know you are determined, but just worry that you need a bit more than 1 pack for vits & mins & protein... hope your CDC can think of a solution. I do think you'd still lose on 1200... it's still really low cal hon and you've been doing so well up until now. Wish something good would happen to sort out this worry for you... my fingers are crossed for you.

xxx

Ooo sorry hun - it was Lelly, I've just checked - my mistake!

I totally understand the advice on vitamins and minerals, I just think at the same time, am I read for an even bigger plan (and for some reason I thought it was 1500 that was 1 CD product - but that's prob just my brain in over heat!)
Finances do judge so much, but I just have to put everything into prespective sometimes. I have to put Alex and fiance - and the next few months first. If the job wasn't an issue, then it wouldn't be such a tough decision, but at the moment, if we don't sort the money, and then his job does go. (i think I've said before, 19,000 are going from his company, so it's quite likely) then the money situation will be even worse at a time when we won't be able to cope at all - and that would rule me out of CD completely, so therefore would I be best, controlling what I can do now and knowing the diet I'm doing as such, and following it? If that makes sense - because I'm probably rambling x

I think it is 1500 with just one pack... was just thinking 900-1000 sounded too low to do without a supplement? And 1200 has some carbs so is edging back towards normal healthy eating. I wish I knew the answer for you hun... it's such a tough one.

xxx

Going to ponder over my options over the next few days...
I've done 1000 for 3 weeks as of Monday, so will consider upping to 1200 then, and maybe go to 1500 after that with CDC...maybe dip between 12-1500 with 1 CD pack a day...hopefully might still lose, even 1lb or so a week would be good, and would eventually get me to goal too, but without any more break up in the diet...I'm not giving up/not giving in at all, and I have got to get there, I sooo want to get to goal - AND most importantly stay there, be healthy FOR GOOD...x

hi alexm, Hope your plans work out for you hun, enjoy your weekend!

x

27th June 2009...temptation...

This could be a little long, but I need to vent my feelings a bit...

I knew it would happen at some point, just not when, but today, temptation sneaked back into my life.
Thankfully I can say with a big "phew" I avoided it, but that damn little birdy on my shoulder had returned from somewhere. Fiance' has left his Hero chocolates in the kitchen while he's popped out, and before I went to get Alex up from a sleep, I went in to fill up my water bottle of all things, and looked at them, and that little birdy started screaming at me "just one won't make any difference" I know I resisted, but it's that little birdy that has done a big part in making me fat in the first place, and I just never wanted it to raise it's ugly head again, and feel a bit strange about it. I'm scared now, am I as strong as I thought? Why is it back now? Is it because of the financial implications, and the fact I've been looking at going up another plan? Is it because I know although I weigh myself on my scales, I have no official weigh in on Monday I think I can relax? Is it because I've weiged on my scales today and they haven't moved at all and I know this has an affect on me, or is it just a test? Whatever it is, I don't like it, I want to be back in the no temptation, all happy zone!

Aside from this, today has been an 'ok' day.

I keep thinking about the plans, about the money, about getting to goal, and I have to admit I'm scared. I haven't been up to now, even on 1000 I don't feel scared, I feel ok, I feel like it's enough to lose, but going up to 1200, or to 1500 seems so much, such a huge change, one that I don't know if I'm ready for, yet one that I feel like I'm forced into because I know the way that things stand I have to reduce the money I spend on CD every week to put us in a good financial situation. I am terrified of putting on weight, but I am also terrified of being stuck at this weight too, I sooo want to get to goal, and I would be happy with between 1-2lbs a week, but I know that with my metabolism at a low (as it no doubt is at the moment) going up to 1200 and then 1500 it is likely to either stall, or gain for a week and then slow down even more so, maybe only losing a possible 1/2lb a week, when I still have quite a chunk to go (26lbs at least). I don't want to end my CD journey, as I know I have learnt so so much, but I also feel that my CDC is unlikely to agree for me to do 1 CD a day and between 1000 - 1200 cals a day (which I understand because of the nutrients etc) but I am just so not ready for 1500 and this I really do know. I am not ready to have any kind of sweet things yet like are mentioned in the book (have studied it all in detail for the last 3 days now) so I feel stuck, and right now, for the first time on CD, alone and in a rut.

Anyway enough of my rambling, I know it won't help the situation overall, and much more thinking will need to be done.

Claire xx

28th June 2009...another day, and more thoughts...

Feeling much the same as yesterday today. Having a spring clean of my house always helps lol.
I think my decision has almost been decided for me, and I will have to start the 1200 plan tomorrow for 2 weeks. I am going to pick fruit/veg items that are full of vits/minerals to try and keep the nutrients as high as possible, as I am going to brave it and only do one CD pack a day (as don't see CDC for another 2 weeks)
When I go to see CDC, I will speak to her about continuing 1200 but on 1 CD pack because of the situation, and also because I just know having PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries) that if I am pushed right up to 1500 calories a day this will either make me maintain or gain weight, as I really do feel this will be my maximum allowance even when maintaining for good. If I can't do this with CDC's permission, then I will have to look at options again, and may have to try a WW switch for a while/calorie counting, with lots of nutrients included - not the best option I know, but I am determined to get to goal and stay there, and somehow I've got to do it. I would never be silly, and I know I need my nutrients and energy etc, even more so with a toddling 18 month old :) but I also know I have to consider all my options and put my family first, and try to get us into the best possible financial situation before September (which is coming round ohhhh so fast!)

I know if I switch I'll have to leave this board, which won't be so nice, but hopefully you might allow me back to update you with results if it does happen that way?

Hope everyone is having a fabby weekend. It's been a tough few days for my head, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere slowly with my decisions, I just feel nervous about approaching my CDC about it all

Claire xx

Hi Alex, I have been reading your posts but have never replied before, I am only 9lbs from goal, but am also struggling a bit financially. I am doing 810 at the moment but I have swapped the morning shake for a 150 cal breakfast from the 1000 calorie plan. I told my CDC this, that I am only having 2 packs and not the recommended 3 and she did say, well this isn't strictly cambridge but we will see how you do. Well the first week I lost 3lb which was more than on SS+, so I think I have won her round..... I did say to her should I take a vitamin and mineral supplement, but she said no, I would be getting enough, so maybe you should suggest taking a supplement to your CDC and she may be as obliging as mine.... I also hope to start a thread on here sometime in the next week as I am so close to goal and really need the motivation to carry on.. Good luck Alex with whatever you choose.... you have done fab so far.

Hi Alex, I have been reading your posts but have never replied before, I am only 9lbs from goal, but am also struggling a bit financially. I am doing 810 at the moment but I have swapped the morning shake for a 150 cal breakfast from the 1000 calorie plan. I told my CDC this, that I am only having 2 packs and not the recommended 3 and she did say, well this isn't strictly cambridge but we will see how you do. Well the first week I lost 3lb which was more than on SS+, so I think I have won her round..... I did say to her should I take a vitamin and mineral supplement, but she said no, I would be getting enough, so maybe you should suggest taking a supplement to your CDC and she may be as obliging as mine.... I also hope to start a thread on here sometime in the next week as I am so close to goal and really need the motivation to carry on.. Good luck Alex with whatever you choose.... you have done fab so far.

Hi Greeneyes

Thanks for your message.

I'm still thinking through everything, but I know deep down in my heart of hearts CD is the only diet that has ever worked for me, and the only diet I have ever really 'learnt' from. Even this weekend, where I have found the 2 days difficult, I have still stuck to the plan, drunk my water and eaten healthily, so I feel unless I am really pushed out by CDC (and I know this could happen because I'd be wanting to do 1000 - 1200 with only 1 pack a day instead of 1500 with 1 pack a day) then this is where I want to be, because I feel this is where I need to be. I need those restrictions on me still, and to still keep learning as I go up the plans.

You are doing very well on 810 so far too, and your weight loss to date is fab! Keep Going, and start your diary on here, it really is a good thing to do. I'm so much further from goal than you and the ladies on here have been lovely ! :)

Finally got my head back into exercise today too, which felt great! Have done 20 mins on the bike, and also on the wii 'my fitness coach' - ouch, but plan to use a lot more often again, as really want to tone more aswell.

I realllllly want to keep on this journey, and learn everything bit by bit as I have been, I just hope I am given that opportunity - I am not here to undo any of the work I have done so far - that's for sure, no matter how tempting certain foods can be at times.

XX

29th June 2009...

Another Monday has arrived and I'm in a real mix today!

Went to bed feeling all CD'd up last night - think that might be partially down to the exercise last night, always makes me feel better :) Weighed in on my scales this morning, and just 1/4lb down this week - pretty disappointing, but there is nothing I can do about it, except keep going, keep battling, keep fighting! So that's exactly what I'm going to do! I think it might be TOTM week this week (well this weekend possibly) and I usually have a tiny loss that week, so if that's the case then I can sort of deal with the weigh in providing it goes down again next week (I'd love a 2lb loss next week to get me properly into the 11's as I'm still teetering on the top)

Setting myself a challenge this week to get moving, I am aiming to do 3 x 20 mins on the bike + 3 sessions on 'my fitness coach' to get myself in a better frame of mind, and of course to get toning aswell!

From today I am TRYING to stay as positive as possible about dieting and getting to goal. I told myself when I started this I would get there this year, and somehow I have got to do it, so one way or the other, however that may be, I WILL do it :)

So as of today, I start 1000-1200 cals a day with 1 or 2 CD packs - depending how many I have left over.

This morning I am having for breakfast:

Shredded Wheat, Milk + teaspoon Splenda
Apple
and lots of water to try and combat water retention!

the skin will take time to shrink back (looking at pics...can't see bingo wings??you are looking fab!!)

I realize this was written a while ago but just to say that from my research, flabby skin from sudden weight loss takes an average of 6 months to shrink. -As I understand it, any plastic surgeon worth his/her salt will first advise to wait and try and gently tone before helping with saggy skin from sudden weight loss- So my point hon is absolutely do not despair, you won't ever see it again soon enough!

Update on Today:

Still peeved with rubbish weigh in :( but as promised I'm fighting on!
Have completed 20 mins cycling, and a 30 min session with my fitness coach - cardio and weights - and she really does put you through your paces! Feel good for that, and one of my three promised sessions I would do this week.

Update on Menu for today:

Shredded Wheat, Milk + teaspoon Splenda - 155cals
Apple - 80 cals (wow granny smith are higher in cals lol)
and lots of water to try and combat water retention!

Lunch
CD Choc Mint Shake - 138 cals
1 Slice Granary Bread - 55 cals
V LF Spread - 1 teaspoon - 55 cals
1 slice chicken - 29 cals
lettuce - approx 8 cals

(total so far 520 cals)

Dinner:
Turkey Mince 175g
1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
40g Wholewheat Pasta
Mushrooms
(will work out final calculations later) x

Your menu is looking good, is there really 55 cals in 1 teaspoon of VLFS? I will have to check mine out for once I start calorie counting.

Back