All the Goodstuff

Going to have a stab at food for tomorrow:

strawberries and yoghurt
plum, quavers (4syns)
mug shot, hummus and carrots (1 syn), melon
Curly wurly (6syns)
Ww petit pain and 10 veg soup with cheeeeeeeese. Hex a and hex b.
Plum

EXERCISE - 12 mile cycle and day 1 week 3 of C25K

My day starts with a trip to the apple store to get my boss's phone fixed....LONG! But I guess it is better than being in the office.

So after a morning spent ogling a fitty in the Apple shop (I'm married and would never do anything but a girl can look!) I have stayed on track with my food:

Outside apple shop: Plum

BFast: Strawberries and FF Yoghurt

AM snack: Apple and another plum, Pack of Quavers - 4.5 syns

Lunch : Chicken mugshot, SW hummus (1 syn for tahini) and carrots

PM Snack: Melon and a curly wurly - 6 syns

Home made super veg soup, with a WW petit pain and cheese - HEX A and Hex B
Mini twister - 2.5 syns

Total syns - 13

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with looking whether your married or not. A girl should be allowed to ogle!

He was purrrdy.

Managed to do another C25K session last night and that was after my 6 mile cycle home. Good going I think. Calves are murderously tight today though!

Food for the day:

Melon

Plum and a Mint hifi bar - 6 syns

3tbs of lentil salad from M&S (3 syns for dressing), 5 Finn Crisps and LF soft cheese - HEX A and B, Small bunch of grapes.

Plum and a packet of LF crisps - 5 Syns

Chicken and Veg Curry and rice

Last edited:
Ergh. Having resisted the lunch buffet today at work. I failed miserably on the cake that was brought out this afternoon.

I just ate:

2 x mini strawberry and cream scones
5 x mini fruit and creme anglaise tarts
1 pack fun size maltesers.

RUBBISH!

Damn that cake!

Seriously. Feel a bit sick and generally guilty now!

So that cake turned into a binge. Annoyed with myself.... Why oh why can't I just eat like a sane person!? Have had about 5 mini bags of maltesers, 4 bags of crisps, a viscount, a freddo, and a handful of nuts tonight.

I have made a SW curry though, so taking that for lunch tomorrow. It's weigh in tomorrow eve. Will be happy with a sts.

Crawling back on the wagon....

Thats how end up, i'll have something then that will trigger my binge cycles, so then i feel all guilty and can't usually get back on track all week. Just draw a line under it and start fresh (should take heed of my own words when i fall off!)

I am feeling calmer this morning. I just know that I have to be really careful with cream cakes in future!! We are having hot cross buns for easter next week at work and I will just not have any, it is easier to say no than just have one it seems.

I have got good food planned so going to get straight back on it:

Strawberries and FF Yoghurt
A plum
SW curry and rice with steamed veg on the side
SW Hummus and carrots (1 syn for tahini)
Dinner will be super veg soup and HEX A and B of WW petit pain and cheddar.

Weigh in tonight. Fingers crossed....

Last edited:
I am feeling calmer this morning. I just know that I have to be really careful with cream cakes in future!! We are having hot cross buns for easter next week at work and I will just not have any, it is easier to say no than just have one it seems.

I have got good food planned so going to get straight back on it:

A plum
SW curry and rice with steamed veg on the side
Dinner will be super veg soup and HEX A and B of WW petit pain and cheddar.

Weigh in tonight. Fingers crossed....

Fingers, toes, arms, eyes all crossed for you for tonight! Let me know how you get on?!

The hummus sounds sooooo good. Do you make it yourself or buy a low fat version? xxx

I make it myself. Have been experimenting but the syn free hummus is so grainy it is worth putting a table spoon of tahini in and synning it. It is still really low syn per portion and you get loads! I make a tub and it lasts me 5 days.

My recipe goes:

In a mini food processor i put:

1 drained tin of chickpeas
1 large clove of garlic
Juice of half a lemon (or a whole lemon if your lemon is on the meagre side but taste as you go)
1 level tablespoon of tahini (4.5 syns) again taste as you go as this can be bitter.
3 table spoons of FF yoghurt
Salt and pepper
1/2 tea spoon of cumin

Play about with it - add more lemon if you like it slightly sharper. Leave out the cumin if you are not a fan etc. More yoghurt for a smoother texture.

Quick food update:

A plum
SW curry and rice with steamed veg on the side, FF Yeo Valley vanilla yoghurt (1.5 Syns)
Dinner after weigh in will be super veg soup and HEX A and B of WW petit pain and cheddar.

I make it myself. Have been experimenting but the syn free hummus is so grainy it is worth putting a table spoon of tahini in and synning it. It is still really low syn per portion and you get loads! I make a tub and it lasts me 5 days.

My recipe goes:

In a mini food processor i put:

1 drained tin of chickpeas
1 large clove of garlic
Juice of half a lemon (or a whole lemon if your lemon is on the meagre side but taste as you go)
1 level tablespoon of tahini (4.5 syns) again taste as you go as this can be bitter.
3 table spoons of FF yoghurt
Salt and pepper
1/2 tea spoon of cumin

Play about with it - add more lemon if you like it slightly sharper. Leave out the cumin if you are not a fan etc. More yoghurt for a smoother texture.

That sounds so yummy I shall give it a go. So if you make it without the tahini its syn free? What on earth is in it to make it all those syns for a tablespoon?!?!

xx

Without Tahini it is free yes but tastes gritty.

Tahini is made from sesame seeds, so sesame seed butter, so lots of oil in it but good healthy oil and as I say a little goes a long way.

mmmmm defo going to give it a try - can you get it from ASDA? x

Yes try asda's - they usually have a pretty good world food section. Otherwise any "world" grocers should have it.

This is the dress I am going to buy myself when I get to target. I have stuck a picture of it on my computer at work to help me stay strong when I feel weak.

Plum.jpg

Yes try asda's - they usually have a pretty good world food section. Otherwise any "world" grocers should have it.

This is the dress I am going to buy myself when I get to target. I have stuck a picture of it on my computer at work to help me stay strong when I feel weak.

View attachment 83317

Its gorgeous! And I love the colour. Purples my Fav!!!!!! Don't forget to let us know how WI goes xxx

Back