does this about right, I am doing it alone so any advise would be appreciated
B quaker instant oats 6syns
S muller light
L Aldi mug shot type Pasta
S grapes
D Baked pot, beans mushrom n cheese(HE) omelette
Alpen light bar 3 syns

Day 2
B beans and cheese (HE) on 1 slice of seeded toast (HE) is seeded ok?
S muller light yogurt
L
S Special K bar 4syns
D SW chips, cod (HE) in paxo breadcrumbs (1) with mushy peas
milk in coffee (HE)

Day 3
B quaker instant oats (6 syns and milk HE)
S muller light yogurt
L Mug shot pasta
S strawberries melon and raspberries
D diet coke chicken (all sysn free used chicken as HE) with rice n sweetcorn
S small slice of chocolatecake. (8 syns guess)

.all green days
Thanks all

Hi, can anyone check this for me please?
many thanks

????? Please

Thanks for looking at it for me, I have been doing it for two weeks now, mainly getting hints and tips from this website and hoping I am doing it right lol OMG you have lost 2and half stone in 9 weeks, thats amazing. Are you doing red/green or EE? Are you exercising as well?

Here to subscribe Roscky. Will check over your food now!

OK - So I've had a look over your food for those 3 days. Mostly it looks okay but I've some comments/suggestions to make.
Some of it you may already know so forgive me if I'm doing a granny and eggs job here.

1. First off - you can have 1 (or 2) HexA plus 2 HexB per day on Red/Green. Only 1 of each on EE.
So according to what you've written you do look a bit Hex light occasionally.
But there are some things you are counting as syns which could count as a Hex.
And did you know you can split your Hex's?
eg 1 * Alpen Light bar can count as ½ HexB, 125 ml SS milk in teas/coffees can count as ½ HexA.

2. Are you actually measuring your Hex's and syns?
The easiest thing to get wrong is to guestimate sizes and so underestimate Hex portion and syns. Example:
* cod (HE) in paxo breadcrumbs (1)
* Say what weight/size you are having for your Hex's. Now with something like cod you are allowed 150g - which is a decent sized portion. But for something like Fresh Mackerel it's a measly 55g which is about 3 or 4 mouthfuls!!!!
* 1 syns worth of Paxo Breadcrumbs is a measly 5½g of crumbs (25g = 4½ syns). So I think you have probably underestimated this as you will almost certainly have used quite a lot more. I find I use 1 slice of wholemal bread from a 400g loaf (so 30g) to coat a 150g piece of cod - so if you used the same amount of instant crumbs this would be 4½ syns - although with instant crumbs you'd probably use less so say 3 syns.

3. Don't assume one brand that is syn free is the same in another brand.
* On your Ski-ing diary you've said "Aldi tomato and basil mug shot pasta"
* The only ones I can find on the SW website is "Aldi Cupshotz Pasta Snack, Tomato & Herb" - and this is not free it is 1 syn!

4. Let us know which HE you are having - it makes it easier for us to check that you aren't having too many of one and not enough of the other.
So for example say . . . beans and cheese (HEA) on 1 slice of seeded toast (HEB) is seeded ok?

5. And to answer your question is seeded ok? - generally NO.
There are a few Organic breads with seeds that count as a HexB. But other seeded breads from Warburtons and the like don't count as a HexB. From SW Online . . .
Bread, Seeded, 25g3 syns
An average slice from am 800g loaf is between 40 and 50 g - so I'd OVER estimate and count 6 syns.

6. Quaker Instant Instant - if you are using the 27 g packets of the plain oats then these are 9 syns according to info taken from the nutritional info on Tesco's website. (If you didn't already know - then 20 kcal = 1 syn).
Energy180 kcal
Fibre2.8 g
To class as a HexB there has to be at least 3g fibre per 120 kcal. So these don't have enough fibre to class as a HexB and too many cals.
If you have the syrup ones they are a whopping 11 syns per sachet, and the fruity ones also average at 11 syns per sachet.
How about switching to ordinary porridge oats? You can have 35g as your HexB and they actualy don't take much longer to do in a microwave than the instant ones! Or make Magic oats by leaving them soaking overnight in a 0% fat yogurt and heat in the micro. I've never had it (as I hate oats) but lots of people rave over them.

7. What a lot of people do is give a summary at the bottom of each day showing what Hex's they've had and how many syns. Helps you (and us) to keep a track of what you've had. So for example:
HexA - (1) 250 ml SS Milk in teas/coffees (2) 40g Low fat Cheddar
HexB - (1) 95g mince (2) 50g kipper
Syns Total = 10

Hope this makes sense! Yell up if I've assumed something that is wrong.
As I said, the easiest thing to get wrong is to guestimate sizes and so underestimate Hex portions and syns.
Every syn adds up and it is easy to say "Oh that's only 1 syn, I'll ignore that".

There's a fab post about "Everything Counts" - have a read, it's an eye opener.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/182282-where-could-you-have-gone-wrong.html

Thank you so much for the info Pomette, i had searched on the quaker oats and a thread on here said 6.5, shocked that they are really 11, no wonder I wasn't losing much weight, I tried the 'magic porridge' but wasnt keen, but that was when I thought the quaker ones were about 6 syns!! I will try making my own and add a sweetener instead. I have been weighing my HEs so should be ok with those, will start entering 1 syn for the Aldi Shotz they are nicer than the MugShots so I'm happy to use a syn on those. The paxo breadcrumbs weren't very nice anyway, so won't be having them again lol
hey, i'm doing quite well here, as the things that have more syns than I thought, either I'm not that keen on, or I can find alternatives for.
thanks for al the advice, it really is appreciated xx

I seem to have two very similar threads running, so I will stop using this one and use my other one instead
rhanks all and sorry for the confusion I am causing, do you know if I can just delete this thread?

I don't think a member can delete a thread. But if you contact the admins they will get rid of it I think.

Back