An American in England on Slimming World

Happy to report I lost 7lbs this week and earned my 1/2 Stone Award :D Very pleased esp. after yesterday's syns overage.

Woo HOO!!!! Well done!?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Jen and Michelle :D:D I was happier than a pig in sh!t as my relatives from Alabama would say. :8855:

I got in a good workout today doing total body weight circuits with cardio drills. I used my resistance band which was a bit awkward so I ordered some cheap dumbbells off of eBay. Besides exercising, I did a little research on my novel and I have marking to do for my last online course that I will teach this year. So happy when that is finished.

MIL was quite worn out from the treatment today so I decided to post-pone my day "out" until Friday. She has a consultation with the doctor tomorrow and we're supposed to get a personal apology from the transport manager since I complained about the crappy service on Monday. Apparently, the hospital was supposed to pay for a cab for MIL since she was placed in the after-hours clinic. If my cousin-in-law hadn't picked us up and I wasn't there to contact him, my MIL probably would have been sitting there all night long.

Meals for 22/10/14
1 - 2 Weetabix Biscuits (HEB), Semi-Skimmed Milk (HEA), Banana
2 - Batchelor's Pilau Rice, Ham, Garden Salad with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and 1 tbsp Newman's Own Italian Dressing (3.5 syns)
3 - Walker's Prawn Cocktail Crisps (8.5 syns)
4 - Diet Coke Chicken with Rice, Mullerlight Vanilla with Dark Chocolate for Dessert
Total Syns - 12
Exercise - 10 Pound Slimdown Total Body Circuits

2nd Week Self-Sabotage

Yesterday and today, I went way over my syns. I didn't even keep my diary yesterday. Yesterday was stress eating and today was a response to poor planning. Today I recorded everything and wanted to kick my own ass :whoopass:. Waiting until half past 1pm to eat something set me up for a food bender that included a glass of wine and rum cake with a scoop of ice cream :booboo: My only saving grace was that I walked 2 miles after that huge meal.

Back on track tomorrow as I was able to get the grocery shopping done which contributed to me indulging at the nearby Caribbean restaurant.

I agree we all do those kind of things. Put it in the past and just be on plan today

Saturday
1 - Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Red Peppers, Baked Beans, 2 Rashers of Bacon
2 - Batchelor's Golden Rice, Ham Slices, Salad with 1 tbsp Italian Dressing (3.5 syns)
3 - Weetabix (HEB), Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA), Banana
4 - Leftover Potatoes :confused:, Tomato Ketchup (1 syn), 25g Mature Cheddar (5 syns)
Total Syns - 9.5
Exercise - Upper Body Weight Circuits and 30 minute hip hop dance workout

Sunday
1 - Ham and Cheese Sandwich (HEA/HEB) with Branston Pickle (1.5 syn) and Light Mayo (1 syn), strawberries
2 - Batchelor's Cheese and Broccoli Super Pasta (2 syns for Flora Light and 2.5 syns for semi skimmed milk) and Salad with Italian Dressing (3.5 syns)
3 - PLANNED SW Spaghetti Bolognese
Syns (so far) 8.5

Michelle - I am too scared to drive on the "right" so renting a car is out. Luckily, after this week, my MIL's appointments are only once a week and most of them are early morning ones. If it comes to it, we'll use transport to get to the hospital and we'll catch a cab home since it's only a once a week

Becareful about doing that re taxi home as they might say if you can make your way home you can make your own way to the appointment .I work in a outpatients and thats what they do here .

I haven't posted in a few days as I am trying to finalize the marking of my students' papers for the end of term. I rebounded after my Caribbean food fiasco for two solid days and then had another series of challenges with NHS transport. Went over a bit with my syns but pressed on.

Despite all of this, I lost 1lb this week! I am quite pleased with this because honestly, I was prepared for a gain. I attribute this week's loss to my activity (lots of walking, kickboxing and light weight circuits) and water, water, water. I have been peeing like a racehorse b/c I drank so much water in hopes of offsetting any sodium bloat. Maybe it worked. I am just relieved that I lost something and ready to move on.

Well done in the loss!

I disappeared for a while. I had a really busy week and didn't do well at all. I gained three pounds because I had too much wine, at least 3 takeaways and virtually no exercise. Bad Donna. :break_diet: I got back on track on Thursday and got in 2 miles of walking yesterday and 20 minutes of tabata intervals today. :) Tomorrow is a treatment day for my MIL so I have to be very careful with my choices. I'm packing chili chicken with rice for lunch. Let's hope transport doesn't make us sit waiting through dinner.

I wondered where you were! I was going to hunt you down when I had time to be in here properly

Ah at least you know why you gained we all do it.

Hope you MIL treatment goes ok and you aren't waiting around for to long.

Back