and what do you want? really really want?

Thank you, Are We There Yet. I appreciate it!

Have fun.

Ali

I just read your post Aligal. :thankyou:

I am now in a positive frame of mind and have faced up to some home truths. I will learn to cease the day and not obsess with eating and my next meal. I will get out of the house everyday (I am a real hermit) and enjoy my life whist im here.

Wow there are some Amazing losses in this thread! Of course all losses are amazing but there a re a lot of losses of more than 6 stone which is an AWESOME thing to see, people taking control of their lives and bodies. I want to say a sincere, heartfelt well done to you guys because i too know how hard it is to get this far (lost 6 stone myself) Whenever you have a week where you stay the same or gain a pound, don't sweat it and get depressed/angry just remember how far you've come, 1 measly pound is nothing compared to losing over 85lb! Well done everyone.

To buy quality classic skirts and blouses that I know I'll wear again next year and they'll fit.

1. To fit into my clothes again - I'm tired of wearing sweat pants and baggy shirts... actually they arent so baggy anymore :(
2. To leave my house and not feel like everyone is staring at me.
3. To wear a bathing suit without someone trying to roll me into the water (FREEEE WILLY!!!!)
4. To walk up my stairs at home without running out of breath
5. To have a better attitude towards life
6. To get rid of my depression and incredibly low self esteem
7. To have people tell my husband and I that we make a cute couple (we used to hear that a lot)
8. To wear the clothes I have hidden in a drawer that I bought for "when I lose weight"
9. To want to have sex with my husband again without fear of squishing him to death
10. To run around and play outside with my daughter (she's 4)
11. To take romantic trips with my husband again.
12. To know when I go shopping that the clothes I buy are actually going to fit

There are so many more to post but I'll spare everyone lol

AnnieAnnie said:
To get pregnant & not feel like a terrible mother before I'm even a mother!

This ^^^^^

Also to feel beautiful. To wear heels without being in agony in 5 mins. To horse ride and sky dive. To achieve something. To be in control of myself. To be able to wear leggings. To shop in topshop. For my soon to be husband to lust after me.

I want:

to not hate every picture taken of me
to be confident in bed with my husband
to actually enjoy clothes shopping for the first time in my life
to not make excuses to not go to socials with friends because I don't have anything to wear
to not cringe when I discover someone tagged me in a photo and fear what I look like and who all has seen it
to feel and look feminine and graceful
to not feel self-conscious while watching movies with skinny actresses
to feel confident and beautiful

My top, top number one - To see my husbands face when he is looking at me - and him being as pleased with my figure as he was when we met! Okay I worded that terribly. ! He still tells me I am beautiful, but we both cant miss the flubber can we?? Oh to be my 18 year old self again!!

Well, on 21 april I started this thread. I didn't really believe I'd get the things I really really wanted even though I was successfully shedding weight. It still seemed improbable.

I kept on acting as though I believed and now I am lighter than I was in the mid 1980s. Amazing. I am convinced that our self talk and aspirations are essential to success.

So I've stopped a little short of my original target so I won't need surgery. I feel and look great in size 14s and size 16s. I even bought a size 12 gilet in Sainsburys today.

So looking back at my list at the top of the thread - I really feel the appreciation of my husband and love the look in his eye.

I have danced all night in high heels and felt great. I havent bought any new shoes - as I am enjoying wearing all my shoes I had stopped wearing cos I was too fat.

I haven't ridden a horse yet. Something I will probably do next year when the weather improves next spring.

I haven't flown anywhere so haven't had the joy of fitting in a plan seat with ease. However I love fitting within a tube seat or bus seat and not worrying about how I'll get into a tight space in a cafe.

I am loving shopping in any shop I choose. Amazing! TK Maxx is my favorite. dropping into one in a posh area often is the best way to find good stock. I have bought ralph lauren, damsel in a dress and other great quality clothes (and my first pair of knee length boots) there in the past few months.

There wasn't much summer heat - but I can walk fast without sweating and if anything get cold cos I'm no longer upholstered in all that fat.

It has been great seeing the look on the faces of my old colleagues when they see me. Jaw dropping is a physical reality!

I certianly get appreciative looks from men. I hadn't realised I had become invisible as a woman with the weight. I'm blessed that my Dh is proud of me, not jealous.

I haven't been to a water park and slid down the slides gracefully. I've barely swum in the sea this year. Roll on good weather next year.

I have enjoyed cycling when the weather has been good enough.

I'm choosing healthy things to eat and do and even park the far end of the car park to get some extra random exercise.

When I wrote this list, I didn't really believe it would come true. I aslo made a collage of being normal weight and it felt fantastical - and now I look like the lady in my collage. This is just the start of learning a new way of living and eating to sustain my new figure. I wish the same for all of you. Make sure you articulate what you do want not just what you don't want. Get really cllear and make it really motivating and compelling. You don't have to believe it will happen - just act as if you believe and make good choices day after day. It's those small steps, those hour by hour decisions that support you. If you slip up or get it wrong, don't make that a drama. Just pick yourslef up, ok out why you deviated, recommit or quit, and if you recommit, rock it. I know you can.

Ali

Back