Angie-bum's getting gorgeous slim and save daily diary

Glad your seeing such amazing results already hun. It's a fantastic plan, I've loved my time do far, four months and two to go

Have a great day Xx

Thank you!

More good news, jeans that did up but were very tight in last post now do up well. Have also been able to get into size 12 maternity jeans, so I have size 12 legs and size 18 gut & butt! Am close to getting into brown suede jeans and put on a top on I've not worn since I became pregnant. So all is good.

Did have some unhelpful thoughts about still not being pretty even if I got down to my ideal weight, but am ignoring those thoughts. I know it's my unhelpful daemons. I know I was considered attractive by several people when a size 12-14, so am aiming for that. May go lower for health reasons if my waist circumference is still too big

Anyway, am just doing the diet even when I feel scared.

Last edited:
Hmmm plodding on, so in the groove it's amazing. Not giving into black thoughts, have had 2 days of looking and feeling bloated. Glad I'm not looking at the scales as I would have shown a gain. Today? Well today I can get into a stretchy size 14 top and a fitted size 16, though it's a bit tight on arms. It's also suddenly fallen off my neck, shoulders and a bit more off face. Still in 18 jeans but that's mostly cos of stomach, they fit fine on legs and bum.

Its still stubbornly sticking to my tummy, but from my emerging profile in the mirror I can see post child birth (and since I was last thin) I have a widened pelvis and bigger boobs

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seeing as I have never, never been hour glass shaped, more rectangular when skinny, I am amazed and very happy at the changes. Hoping I keep a bit of my new bust and it doesn't disappear with my stomach!

Anyway it's all good.

The things that have made the difference this time?
-i have a mirror where I can see it and get feedback
-i am not weighing myself
-when I feel anxious about the diet or my weight loss I allow myself to feel that disbelief it is working or disappointment that it's not coming off quick enough and I am carrying on anyway.
-my partner is judding and we've both come off milk in our hot drinks and I'm not being tempted on weekends.

Just keep on doing it, that's what I'm doing. And not thinking too much about it

You sound totally in the zone and it's amazing! Well done you!

Thank you, I am. It still wavers even 5 weeks in. I only have to read something that worries me or makes me doubt doing this diet and I wobble, but I'm just doing it anyway. I am eating yummy meals every day. I am not hungry. I am looking physically better, I will lose this weight I carry by Christmas.

Feeling the fear and keeping carrying on

angie-bum said:
Thank you, I am. It still wavers even 5 weeks in. I only have to read something that worries me or makes me doubt doing this diet and I wobble, but I'm just doing it anyway. I am eating yummy meals every day. I am not hungry. I am looking physically better, I will lose this weight I carry by Christmas.

Feeling the fear and keeping carrying on

Go for it! Love your attitude..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Me too - you're my inspiration when I restart!

Am into size 16s! Woooooooooohoooooooooooo!

Well done hunny, weee how exciting :) Xx

angie-bum said:
Am into size 16s! Woooooooooohoooooooooooo!

Woohoo! That's fantastic! Well done you!

Right, it's Sept 7th and been doing this for 5 weeks. Still have wobbles. 2 days ago was worried that it was coming off too fast, today it looks and feels like the weight loss has stalled. What am I doing about it? Nothing! The weight is coming off. The psychology of losing weight is a weird one. I am just having to have faith that it's working

At lunchtime I had half a packet of cottage pie with half a salmon portion and mushrooms & sring onion, followed by half a hazelnut shake with ice and coffee & a forest fruits bar. Yummy!

Later I will have half a mac cheese packet with cauliflower and courgettes, with the other half of the salmon portion.
Followed by half a pack of crispy choc shake with added capful of orange essence and a teaspoon of plain cocoa. It's bloody yummy!

Did want to leave a bit of the bar for later, but I love the choc fruit one too much and picked at it til it was gone.
had forgotten I had had the hazelnut so thought I could have 2 pudding portions tonight. See how I feel. If I feel the need to have another half pack I will, I will only have it if I can bring myself to do some mild exercise. I have an exercise bike and a Callanetics tape. I want to do either tonight.

I can get into stretchy size 16s but with a muffin top. The weight has come off my face but somedays its less noticeable.
i done feel very attractive, but thats okay, it doesn't worry me, am used to that feeling. I know if I bothered to put in my contacts and put on a bit of make up I would feel different, but some days I just want to be anonymous. So anyway, it's all good.

I have 2 more months to my birthday. I really hope I can see the difference in my appearance.

I suppose I should remember that when I got these jeans I looked in the 2 way mirror at marks and I have lost weight off my back and face. So I don't look like I remember myself from long ago, but I am getting there. It never feels quick enough, but it is. I have to remember it may seem a long time, but I've only been doing this 5 weeks. I know in 10 weeks I will be able to get into jeans more easily & it will have come off my face more. Am learning patience and trying not to worry too much about it

You're doing fantastically - well done for getting into those 16's! I cannot wait for that day! xxx

Hi! The diet is brilliant, you just have to be patient and let it work. It took me months/ years even of eating the wrong things or too much of the good things to get to this point. I know it's going to take me at least 5 months to get where I want to be, then many months if not years of careful eating for my weight to stabilise. I accept the responsibility of keeping myself healthy from now on. Keep eating the shakes and drinking fluids and you'll get there quicker than u thought possible

Well done for being in the 16's!!! x

:talk017:
I can also get into stretchy 14s
:talk017:

Feel like I am turning a dieting corner.
Am starting to see a skinnier version
of me that I recognise it feels good!
Nothing will stop me now.

Yipee good news :) I had the smaller sizes lined up as I've gone along its a great motivation! Can't wait to get in my final goal jeans

Well done Xx

Oooooh just tried dou egberts hazelnut instant coffee. Yum yum. Nice change from herbal tea

Okay, so I'm wobbling emotionally. So I'm wobbling diet wise. I realise I'm approaching the point I've stumbled before. So I had a mini stumble 4 packs, 2 bars and more meat than I should. Was upset, met upset with food. Self soothing with food again. Okay, I bent in the wrong direction I did not break

Tomorrow is another day. I will have my packs late, I will keep up my fluids. I will have 3 packs and some fearless chicken and 200g veg. I will do it strict tomorrow.

I will not lose the thread

angie-bum said:
Okay, so I'm wobbling emotionally. So I'm wobbling diet wise. I realise I'm approaching the point I've stumbled before. So I had a mini stumble 4 packs, 2 bars and more meat than I should. Was upset, met upset with food. Self soothing with food again. Okay, I bent in the wrong direction I did not break

Tomorrow is another day. I will have my packs late, I will keep up my fluids. I will have 3 packs and some fearless chicken and 200g veg. I will do it strict tomorrow.

I will not lose the thread

Just work out why, what you could use instead of food in dealing with your upset? Nice bath with candles, good book with a nice coffee..
You did brilliantly so give yourself a pat on the back!
Your Resolve for tomorrow with no bending sounds brilliant.
Go girl!

Back