Anyone starting today?

Hi Liveadream,

I don't know if there is a normal time for coming off TFR. I know some people have felt 8 weeks was about the right time. I am just finishing week 8 and headed into week 9. Although the last 10 days were hard, suddenly I am over the hump, for the moment anyway. So I am keeping going. I only want to do this once. I am going to try to stay on for another month or two and reach my target weight.

No doubt you'll break that 15 stone point this week!

hi guys I'm new to the forum and also new to LT. I'm on day 2 today. Reading through this forum is amazing motivation. im only at the beginning of my journey but hope I can achieve what U guys have.

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while but am still on track.
Today is day 50 for me and my weight has dropped from 18st 11lbs to 16st 9 lbs. So I am thrilled that I have lost over 2 stone in 7 weeks and it's the first time in 8 years that I am under 17st.
I am doing the odd walk but really need to start doing regular exercise, I have brought an exercise dvd so next step is to put it into the dvd player and get moving :)

I have a question and hope someone can help please!
Someone told to me yesterday to ensure that I am only loosing fat and not muscle mass.
Does anyone know if we are loosing muscle mass as well as fat?

I hope you are all doing well, I hope we all reach our goals and succeed :)

Take Care :)

hi guys so following on from star and my post above i had a weight in saturday, my pharmacist told me that as i am after losing 16kg in 8 weeks and begining to feel a bit rough in general that it could be because im am starting to burn muscle that being on tfr for a prolonged period of time that it can start to effect your ability to burn fat.

basically we have (from the caveman days) been effectively been starving ourselves so our body is burning fat stores but that at some stage our body goes hold on there's no food coming i might need the fat stores so you can start burning muscle.

she said its nothing to worry about but that its only if you stay on tfr that it can get bad.

she told me to start considering going on maintenance but i kinda dont want to i am getting fed up but i have a cold as well so im putting it down to that.

i have to talk to me GP about maintenance and starting so im going to have a chat with him and see how it goes

Hello, How are you going?

Im new to this and starting tomorrow, I collected my first week today,

any tips would be great. Thanks

Back