Are all groups like this?

Jellybean2341

I have never been to slimming world before and I am really enjoying the plan but finding group a bit of a let down. I didn't get the new members talk as the consultant was too busy. When I reached my half stone they run out of certificates so I didn't get one. I am always skipped when the consultant goes around. I reached a stone last week and it wasn't even acknowledged. I don't know if I am expecting too much but I am feeling really demotivated at moment. Plus I was stupid enough to buy a 12 week countdown a few weeks ago so I am stuck here until the end of January :(

That is really not normal for a group session. Your achievements should certainly not be overlooked, and your consultant should be prepared with certificates. They should be monitoring who is close to what. My consultant has ordered in my 8 stone right through to 10 stone certificates already, as she doesn't have them in stock, and she knows I will be achieving them over the coming months. Half stone, and stone awards are probably the most frequent ones they present, so they have no excuse for their poor planning. They aren't just certificates, they are so much more than that, and you hit the nail on the head when you said you are feeling really demotivated. My consultant has however forgotten to do the Slimmer of the Month on many occasions, and I had to remind her a few times. (as I knew it was me). Try and have a word, if you don't get anywhere, try and find who the area manager is, and have a quiet word with them if there's no improvement.

Sounds like you are unlucky in finding a rubbish SW group. :( I had a similar experience . . . there are people running some of these groups that are utterly useless. My experiences have insured that nothing would convince me to set food in another SW group ever again and now I'm a happy online member. :)

Tristar's advice is good so I definitely suggest trying that first, though, especially since you are there until January. Failing that then a possible group change or online membership are other alternatives. Good luck!

Back