AUGUST CHALLENGE - 8 MONTHS IN

Hi everyone, had my weigh in this morning. Got SOW :) and got my 2 1/2 stone award :p and a total loss of 3.5 lbs :D . So for the August Challenge, I have lost a total of 11.5 lbs :superwoman: really chuffed with that. Bring on the September challenge ! lol

Best of luck to everyone else for your final weigh in for the month. Daz please can you update my figures, many thanks :) .

Kay xx

Cannot understand why anyone would want to carry over a loss to the following month. What am I missing.
It is a monthy challange. In August as you say there are 5 weighins for some depending which day you get weighed on.
This month I get 5 weighs as my day is thurs/fri.
In sept I will get 4 weighins
If you get weighed on Monday in Sept you get 5 instead of the 4 as in August.

So explain please why any carrying over is nec. We will all over the year get 52 weighins.

?????????????????

Good job anyway Daz. We need to do this I feel. Don`t you

Last edited:
Daz,

With all due respect mate, when Texty set up these challenges everyone selected their monthly targets based on the amount of WI's during that month....

SW do the slimmer of the month based on official WI's, we do our challenge's based on official WI's....

Sorry, but that's the way it always has been & as far as I'm concerned will be....

If this is against what you want to do then set up a separate monthly (1-30/31) challenge & hand this back to Texty....

Gavin

Daz,

With all due respect mate, when Texty set up these challenges everyone selected their monthly targets based on the amount of WI's during that month....

SW do the slimmer of the month based on official WI's, we do our challenge's based on official WI's....

Sorry, but that's the way it always has been & as far as I'm concerned will be....

If this is against what you want to do then set up a separate monthly (1-30/31) challenge & hand this back to Texty....

Gavin

i have in NO WAY taken this from Texty, i had that conversation with her so please do not accuse me of such. How you choose to do it is totally up to you, you have your own opinion, as do i. And as far as i am concerned August has 31 days in it so i shall be using all 31 days to log my weight.

i have in NO WAY taken this from Texty, i had that conversation with her so please do not accuse me of such. How you choose to do it is totally up to you, you have your own opinion, as do i. And as far as i am concerned August has 31 days in it so i shall be using all 31 days to log my weight.

Daz,
Texty was running this series of challenges but now you are, so you've taken over from her yes???
And I've even said on previous posts that your doing a great job....
Yes it is up to me how I do it and your comment "We'll call it a 4 week challenge then!!" is why I have made comment....
If you want to use 31 days then good for you, it's not what I've done or want to do....
Gav

Whoahhh whats going on guys??

1. I didnt call it a 4 week challenge because for some there are 5 official WI's depending on what month it is. As Doreen says its swings and roundabouts over the year some months have 4 some have 5.

2. The discussion about the spreadsheet did take place and everything was hunky dory ( a good job well done)

3. If the majority of people doing the challenge wish to use only their official WI thats fine - as is anyone doing it from home who wishes to use the full month to record their results.

4. All previous challenges have been done following official WI's as far as I'm aware

5. I personally will only record my offical results - as will many

The challenges are set up as a bit of fun and motivation and are not meant to cause any aggro between people. Some people agree to differ and thats life.

I will set up a September one for anyone who wishes to join - and Daz it would be great if you are willing to do another spreadsheet.

Gav I hope you will also join the challenge as I know they keep you on track like they do me.

Now can everyone shake hands and be nice :D life is too short to bicker over minor things. Sorry for the rant peeps x

Whoahhh whats going on guys??

1. I didnt call it a 4 week challenge because for some there are 5 official WI's depending on what month it is. As Doreen says its swings and roundabouts over the year some months have 4 some have 5.

2. The discussion about the spreadsheet did take place and everything was hunky dory ( a good job well done)

3. If the majority of people doing the challenge wish to use only their official WI thats fine - as is anyone doing it from home who wishes to use the full month to record their results.

4. All previous challenges have been done following official WI's as far as I'm aware

5. I personally will only record my offical results - as will many

The challenges are set up as a bit of fun and motivation and are not meant to cause any aggro between people. Some people agree to differ and thats life.

I will set up a September one for anyone who wishes to join - and Daz it would be great if you are willing to do another spreadsheet.

Gav I hope you will also join the challenge as I know they keep you on track like they do me.

Now can everyone shake hands and be nice :D life is too short to bicker over minor things. Sorry for the rant peeps x

Hi Texty,

I'm mighty fine :D, I'm just doing what I've always done....

I just replied to comments directed at me....

I've said my piece, sorry to involve you but just stating facts....

Lets move on to September, where we all start again!!

Gavin

Daz,
Texty was running this series of challenges but now you are, so you've taken over from her yes???
And I've even said on previous posts that your doing a great job....
Yes it is up to me how I do it and your comment "We'll call it a 4 week challenge then!!" is why I have made comment....
If you want to use 31 days then good for you, it's not what I've done or want to do....
Gav

Hi Texty,

I'm mighty fine :D, I'm just doing what I've always done....

I just replied to comments directed at me....

I've said my piece, sorry to involve you but just stating facts....

Lets move on to September, where we all start again!!

Gavin

I do the spreadsheet, and i sit here and update it at any time that i can get to the laptop, THATS ALL. Outside of that its whatever Texty decides it to be.

As to "I just replied to comments directed at me...", please feel free to elaborate???? MATE.

Now, i suggest that you stick to the actual facts if and when you become party to them.

Texty, apologies, i just tried to make this easier all round for you and the decent ones that wanted to join in. Sorry that it has come to this.
I have "taken over" no more.

Start of Challenge
01 August 2013WEEK ENDING
WhoTargetLeft to lose08-Aug15-Aug22-Aug29-Aug31-Aug
acc4.0lbs0.0lbs2.0lbs2.0lbs0.0lbs
Alycyn19808.0lbs6.5lbs0.5lbs1.5lbs-0.5lbs
Angelajane4.0lbs4.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Barmel4.0lbs5.0lbs-2.0lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs
ceebeee5.0lbs5.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Charleybar7.0lbs0.5lbs2.0lbs3.0lbs1.5lbs
Chipmonk894.0lbs2.5lbs1.5lbs1.0lbs-1.0lbs
Cookie217.0lbs4.0lbs1.0lbs1.0lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs
Corrin877.0lbs8.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs-1.0lbs
Fillymum7.0lbs3.0lbs2.0lbs2.0lbs0.0lbs
flabtofit7.0lbs4.0lbs0.0lbs3.0lbs2.0lbs-2.0lbs
Happy Holidays3.0lbs5.5lbs1.0lbs-2.0lbs0.0lbs-1.5lbs
Hazie837.0lbs1.5lbs2.0lbs1.0lbs2.0lbs0.5lbs
HelzBelz7.0lbs11.5lbs-1.0lbs-4.0lbs0.5lbs
Holiday dieter8.0lbs3.5lbs4.5lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Imbigbined9.0lbs2.0lbs5.5lbs1.5lbs0.0lbs
Jaq5.0lbs5.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
jc19766.0lbs4.5lbs2.5lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs-2.0lbs
Jennie1234.0lbs2.0lbs0.0lbs-3.0lbs5.0lbs
JennyBlonde7.0lbs0.0lbs1.0lbs2.5lbs3.5lbs
Jodieboo7.0lbs-3.0lbs2.0lbs4.0lbs2.0lbs2.0lbs
Katttb916.0lbs7.0lbs1.5lbs-0.5lbs-2.0lbs0.0lbs
Kay00310.0lbs-1.5lbs1.5lbs5.5lbs1.0lbs3.5lbs
Kayla60027.0lbs3.5lbs2.5lbs0.0lbs1.0lbs
Kaz38046.0lbs3.0lbs1.5lbs1.5lbs0.0lbs
Kirsty_baird_264.0lbs4.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Lindseyjessica6.0lbs6.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Loveduvetdays6.0lbs2.0lbs2.0lbs1.0lbs1.0lbs
manda7214.0lbs11.0lbs3.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Mandlegrot2.0lbs0.5lbs-1.0lbs1.0lbs-0.5lbs2.0lbs
mrstore4.0lbs3.75lbs0.75lbs-3.25lbs2.75lbs
Nanny Doreen8.0lbs7.5lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.5lbs
Pompey77Gav21.0lbs8.0lbs9.0lbs-5.0lbs2.5lbs6.5lbs
Puppetwitch10.0lbs6.0lbs2.5lbs2.0lbs-0.5lbs
Quins2.0lbs-1.0lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs2.0lbs
Rache12.0lbs12.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Rebeccaemma7.0lbs7.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
SianLeighan10.0lbs6.0lbs3.5lbs0.5lbs0.0lbs
Slimmerme747.5lbs4.0lbs0.5lbs3.0lbs0.0lbs
Stickivix5.0lbs3.0lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs1.0lbs
Texty_F3.0lbs2.0lbs0.5lbs1.0lbs-0.5lbs
Thumbelloulou4.0lbs1.0lbs0.5lbs1.5lbs1.0lbs
time2go6.0lbs5.0lbs1.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
xena6.0lbs1.0lbs1.0lbs3.0lbs1.0lbs
xxLynnexx7.0lbs7.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs0.0lbs
Yellowbittern6.0lbs3.0lbs2.5lbs0.5lbs0.0lbs

Why does it have to come to people falling out and spoiling a good natured thread for everyone?? Daz you have done a great job keeping the stats and everyone has commented on that! Can you both not just draw a line and look forward!!!

Oh for goodnes sake I live these challenges and they keep me on track month. Albeit I won't achieve target this month with out a bit of divine intervention! Please can we keep it friendly. Everyone can measure as they choose surely? It doesn't affect how much I've actually lost at scales? Daz I thought u were doing a great job along side texty! No nastiness needed we're all here for same purpose, to shift pounds and get healthier for ourselves?

Why does it have to come to people falling out and spoiling a good natured thread for everyone?? Daz you have done a great job keeping the stats and everyone has commented on that! Can you both not just draw a line and look forward!!!

Well said!

I'm not commenting on what went before :) so I'll just report my half a lb loss and say that September is a new month and I for one can't wait for a new challenge (where my target as ever will be 7lbs! lol - predictable that I am!) and I plan on smashing it :D

Well August didn't end well for me with food poisoning and a 2lb gain :(

Here's to September where I really want to be at target by the end of it!

I do the spreadsheet, and i sit here and update it at any time that i can get to the laptop, THATS ALL. Outside of that its whatever Texty decides it to be.

As to "I just replied to comments directed at me...", please feel free to elaborate???? MATE.

Now, i suggest that you stick to the actual facts if and when you become party to them.

Texty, apologies, i just tried to make this easier all round for you and the decent ones that wanted to join in. Sorry that it has come to this.
I have "taken over" no more.

Comments....
"We should call it a 4 week challenge then...."
Was I not part of this section of conversation??
Especially when it started in reply to my WI post & involved Texty's reply to me!!

I love the attitude "THAT'S ALL" & MATE....

This is a weight loss forum site where people share their experiences & tips....

I usually follow from afar not making many comments & now I know why....

Good Luck with your journey's people, there are more important things in life than arguing over WI's....;-)!!

Last edited:
C'mon boys. As you have rightly said Gav, this is a weight loss forum - we a have a common goal and need to support one another, not bicker.

If all us women can get along without getting the claws out then I'm sure you boys can too. There are too few men on here, lets not make it a few less.

Hugs all round x

Back