Back on the switch wagon

Bit of a funny weekend, been in most of it. Son has gone with my sister today to a farm and husband is really ill, I sent him up to bed because I was tired of him huffing and puffing feeling sorry for himself.

So just chilling watching a film, going to get ready in a bit and pop to the shop and then maybe see if he feels well enough to have a sw fry up.

If so todays plan has turned to

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - sw breakfast, sausages (2 syns) beans, egg fried in fry light, bacon with no fat, tomatoes and mushrooms
Tea - sw burgers with no buns (but hea of cheese on top) chips and fried mushrooms onions and tomatoes
Snacks - fruit, crabsticks, heb cereal bar, syns will be chocolate or crisps depending on what I fancy later

Felt pretty down this morning as maintained, but AF is due this weekend and I can feel her coming along (wouldn't be surprised if she showed early) and I felt extremely bloated. After work I didn't feel as bad, so weighed again and had lost a lb. Maybe I should have stuck with the morning weight, but for moral I am going with the lb loss. Fingers crossed I will lose more next week and it won't just turn into a maintain then instead, but we shall see.

Can feel a cold coming along and husband has been ill with flu so really hoping I don't have what he has, but other than that still feeling focused on the diet. Too many nice clothes I need to get wearing to waste time messing about with my diet still ;)

So it looks like AF is here... had spotting today and it's getting heavier. Wasn't expecting it until Sunday though. Not sure why my cycles are getting shorter and all over the place. They used to be spot on... husband used to laugh because I could almost tell him what time (like seriously I was every 28 days and it always started in the evening between 7 and 9pm)

Anyway, food has been good today, fingers crossed next time I weight I'll have a double loss as AF will have left

Hope you feel better soon Donna, this time of years a devil for lurgys.

Last edited:
Eating by myself tonight again as husband is not only still ill but seems to be getting worse, he's laid up in bed at the moment :(

This is going to sound very selfish and I don't mean it to, but a bit gutted that it's looking like we won't be out this weekend, I'm saving my syns for it so don't know what I'll do if we don't go... will have to have something extra at home instead. But that feels a bit wrong. I know it sounds silly, a lot of people would say oh forget about the saved syns... but my past experience has shown that I don't tend to lose when I keep them low.

Eating by myself tonight again as husband is not only still ill but seems to be getting worse, he's laid up in bed at the moment :(

This is going to sound very selfish and I don't mean it to, but a bit gutted that it's looking like we won't be out this weekend, I'm saving my syns for it so don't know what I'll do if we don't go... will have to have something extra at home instead. But that feels a bit wrong. I know it sounds silly, a lot of people would say oh forget about the saved syns... but my past experience has shown that I don't tend to lose when I keep them low.

I don't think that's selfish at all Donna, you have a journey that although your together as a couple this journey is yours, only we can feel it, carry it , change it, and gather our own internal force for it. I have in the past put other peoples feelings first and ive faltered many a time on a diet or exercise, I've not gone bike riding because a friend may not feel up to it, but I sacrificed that for someone who yes was unwell and would stay unwell if I went or not.
Hope this isn't coming across to harsh, i'm a very loving caring person but I've got a bit tougher this past year.
If you haven't got a buddy to share a wine or a meal with for an hour out then how about a packet of cream cakes or a big pot of Ice-cream and a movie?

If it were me id take myself out for a nice big slap up Sunday roast and be home in an hour Nomnom, he loves you so i'm sure he will understand :D

Well the plan was to go out with his work mates, seems a bit harsh to go without him as lovely as they are.

If not I will just have something extra at home. Might be better for me as it'll be more controlled than eating out. Although fingers crossed he will be better.

Not even sure what's wrong with him now, he seemed like he has flu the past few days, perked up a bit last night but then got up this morning and had more like migraine symptoms. Stopped in bed all day and has barely eaten, perked up a little more now... eaten some toast and now on ice-cream (not bothering me one bit... honestly) but keeps moaning about one side of his brain hurting.

Donna that sounds like the flu I've just got its awful, his headache if he's not eating could be similar to one after dieting, low sugars, low sweetener, anything addictive like that and is hidden in normal foods. The flu I've just had was exhaustion and sore throat 3-4 days and I thought I was fine. got up started doing my normal things then bam wiped right out again but with a ball of pins in my throat and a cough from nowhere awful took me around 19 days to get rid and I still have a sore throat today 23 days later. I couldn't go near my grandchildren or Mum, I had an emergency docs appointment as I nearly chocked, bit to much info but the stuff you cough up is awful. If he seems hes going down that route id get him an appointment because it may be the type that needs antibiotics and the coughs so low in the lungs there's other complications, id just get checked out earlier rather than later and also regarding the bruised brain feeling definitely have that checked out. xx

It does sound like it could be that or something similar, I did tell him to call the doctors this morning, but he tried 3 times... first 2 they had the message saying they weren't open yet (he was ringing at opening time) and then the 3rd it was engaged. He got annoyed and went to bed and then didn't get up. I've told him if he's still bad tomorrow he has to call and speak to someone no matter how tired he is or annoyed he gets by it.

Thank you

It does sound like it could be that or something similar, I did tell him to call the doctors this morning, but he tried 3 times... first 2 they had the message saying they weren't open yet (he was ringing at opening time) and then the 3rd it was engaged. He got annoyed and went to bed and then didn't get up. I've told him if he's still bad tomorrow he has to call and speak to someone no matter how tired he is or annoyed he gets by it.

Thank you

Bless him I can relate 100% I really couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to go to the doctors or even talk to them on the phone but I knew I had to, I could hardly hold the phone to talk, I explained to the GP. I'm terribly sorry but I just cant be bothered to be here but i'm so grateful:D
My eyes were like id been punched in the nose black but not swollen they actually shrunk back a lot, my mum was in A&E new year with a fall but she had this she's 86 I don't know how she managed but they thought she had pneumonia which can set in quickly. I was advised to open a window even though I wanted peace and quiet and warmth, as it thrives on damp stale air. x

Well he's better now whoop whoop... even after a day at work he seems a million times better than he has been, which is great as I was half expecting work to knock it out of him again.

Today has been good food wise, looking forward to the weekend.

I'm rather impressed with myself for sticking to the plan so far this week though to be honest as we haven't really planned at all (with husband being sick it's been hard as I've not known if I'm eating alone or with him) Change of plan for where we're eating on Saturday now, I've looked at the menu and can't decide which would be the better option... hmmm

I'll take a look again and post a couple of the options

Mixed seafood, tomato and saffron risotto (although is risotto quite high?)
Miso glazed seabream with a crispy noodle salad
Or good old steak with the chips swapped for crushed new potatoes

Feeling really focused today and leaning more towards the steak for tea, even though usually I would be like I've saved my syns I'm going for something a little more naughty. Although to be fair I am going to be having a few drinks. Hoping I don't go anywhere near the 70 syns I've saved.

Really looking forward to today though. Feels like ages since I've been out :)

Still saving syns next week as meeting my friend to go to a craft fair next weekend, not sure what food options will be available and usually when we meet up it ends up being a bit naughty... but considering I don't get to see much of her I don't think that matters too much.

Last night went really well, I feel I was fairly good. Had the steak and swapped chips for new potatoes. Mainly stuck to gin and slimline tonics but I did have one cocktail and a third of a beer. Just worked out I had one whisky, 3 gin and slim line tonics, a cocktail that was gin based and a third of a beer. Hopefully that is well within the 70 syns I had saved.

Hoping to see a loss tomorrow as I'm feeling quite bleugh... and worried that I might be coming to a stand still weight loss wise. Will have to just wait and see, if I don't lose I will try and not get too down about it and just move on to see how the next couple of weeks go.

Just fixed a couple of things I've managed to break by squeezing into them when I'm too big... need to not do it again.
Admit what size I am and lose the weight so I can comfortably fit back into my skinny clothes.

Another lb off this week. Making January's total 5lbs.
Hoping Feb will be similar although I have a few more plans during Feb, so will have to just be very careful to stick to it as much as possible. Going to start the exercise this month as well; hopefully get me a little more toned.

Already keeping an eye out for treats for when I reach my first half stone off ;) can't decide on dresses or shoes... thinking shoes as they'll fit even when I lose more but there are some lovely dresses in the sale that I will miss out on if I don't get now. Hmm (saying that they might not be available when I do hit the 7lbs as it'll probably be at least 2 weeks away)

So I did a ''workout'' today after work, not sure exactly how much good it did me. I couldn't find my trainers so I couldn't go on the cross trainer, instead I ran around my bedroom and danced about like an idiot for 45 minutes. I feel better for it, surely it was better than doing nothing.

Todays going well and I did half an hour on my crosstrainer plus some crunches. Glad I'm slowly getting back into doing some exercise, I do feel so much better for it.

Also seen another job, I'm tempted to apply for it. It's where I used to work, it's more money than I'm on now and it's more the kind of work I'm wanting to eventually get into... however I'm in two minds as I am really happy where I am now. My old place is closer to home though and although sometimes I didn't feel like you got the support with issues as you should, a lot has changed since I last worked there. I don't know, I also don't want to upset people where I am because like I say, I am very happy there.

Oh and not sure what to do syns wise... part of me wants to save them for the weekend another part of me is thinking I have upped my exercise and wondering if I can get away with trying to be good on Saturday and maybe just flexi-synning a little.

I've always lost more when I haven't held back on syns, but I don't want to end up over synning and gaining either... ahhh life is hard

Back