Back on this diet!

Hey Libra, thanks for that :) We are on the same thing with food, I reckon its not that we are hungry, just hungry for the taste of the food! we need some of that chewing gum from Charlie and the chocolate factory - although preferably without turning into a blueberry at the end.... ;)

Hi Libralite and Miss Mia! Glad you 2 are bearing up nicely! I'm surviving - though yesterday left it a tad too long between meals and then could have eaten my own arm! I'm back to work this week so don't have the luxury of long lie- ins to keep away from the kitchen! Last week I wasn't having my first meal til about 11am!

Going to try and see if I can do the same today- I'm out and about in the car so can keep a flask of hot water and some bouillon mix as well as my jug of cold water.

Do you weigh in on Day 7 or Day 1 of week 2?
Good luck today! I've managed to leave my first meal until lunch today! I thought I'd weigh in after exactly a week so that wud be the morning of day 1 week 2?

Hey Libra, thanks for that :) We are on the same thing with food, I reckon its not that we are hungry, just hungry for the taste of the food! we need some of that chewing gum from Charlie and the chocolate factory - although preferably without turning into a blueberry at the end.... ;)

Lol! Definitely....speaking of chewing gum I take it sugar free is a no no?

Good luck today! I've managed to leave my first meal until lunch today! I thought I'd weigh in after exactly a week so that wud be the morning of day 1 week 2?

Well done! I had my first meal at half 9 this morning and 2nd at 1, and will have my third around six. Walked the kids to school and felt very weak, I'm Defo in ketosis and have more energy at home but that walk was awful got to do it again in a couple of hours..:eek:

Lol! Definitely....speaking of chewing gum I take it sugar free is a no no?

To be honest Libra I am not sure about chewing gum! In theory you should be able to though?

I don't know how you manage to eat so early on this plan... I have flavoured water til at least lunch and have my first pouch then. I then sometimes split pouches if hungry - besides, I find some of them sickly and inedible in one shot! I had half a tomato and basil soup in a cup about an hour ago and I will use the rest of the mix to make crisps to pick at later :)

Then I have a pouch for tea and one later when I get the munchies -but I have always been an evening grazer. And THATS how I ended up this size! :eek:

To be honest Libra I am not sure about chewing gum! In theory you should be able to though?

I don't know how you manage to eat so early on this plan... I have flavoured water til at least lunch and have my first pouch then. I then sometimes split pouches if hungry - besides, I find some of them sickly and inedible in one shot! I had half a tomato and basil soup in a cup about an hour ago and I will use the rest of the mix to make crisps to pick at later :)

Then I have a pouch for tea and one later when I get the munchies -but I have always been an evening grazer. And THATS how I ended up this size! :eek:

I never thought about splitting the pouch's before, defo something I would consider doing. Silly question (I'm not much of a cook tbh!) but how do you make the tomato soup pack into crisps? I bought some but wasn't keen on it, like the idea of turning them into crisps though! :p

Tbh eating early is ok in the day but come evening I am really really peckish, or think I am, think its all part of habit though, I too used to eat some snacks in front of the telly in the evening. Guess its all about teaching my body (and mind!) something new, and hopefully will adapt! Sometimes I feel like there is a battle going on between my mind and body, now why cant they just work together! :D

I've been knackard too, I started back in class today which was such a struggle by 2pm hoping it get easier. I've been a bit naughty and weighed myself which really isn't helping.

To be honest Libra I am not sure about chewing gum! In theory you should be able to though? I don't know how you manage to eat so early on this plan... I have flavoured water til at least lunch and have my first pouch then. I then sometimes split pouches if hungry - besides, I find some of them sickly and inedible in one shot! I had half a tomato and basil soup in a cup about an hour ago and I will use the rest of the mix to make crisps to pick at later :) Then I have a pouch for tea and one later when I get the munchies -but I have always been an evening grazer. And THATS how I ended up this size! :eek:

First work day since starting diet. Sipped hot water at breakfast and a bouillon around 11. First shake around 12:30 - second has been a soup at 6:30 - still got one to look forward to later - hoping the absence of hunger means I'm in ketosis!

I've been knackard too, I started back in class today which was such a struggle by 2pm hoping it get easier. I've been a bit naughty and weighed myself which really isn't helping.

But was the read out good?!

First work day since starting diet. Sipped hot water at breakfast and a bouillon around 11. First shake around 12:30 - second has been a soup at 6:30 - still got one to look forward to later - hoping the absence of hunger means I'm in ketosis!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you! Get some Ketasticks and check :)

Oooh good luck for ketosis..it sounds like you are :)

So cheesed off today - decided to weigh myself on the scales at the gym after work ( where I weighed in last week) day 7 for me. Have lost precisely ONE pound. Sickening.

Hey Patsy,
Don't get mad! hate to sound patronising but im going to anyway, but a loss is still a loss. Now, when i went to the gym (many ions ago) I was told never to trust gym scales, was told by my induction trainer to invest in some digital ones for home ( theyre not too expensive if you shop around, but I just "borrowed" my mum's) also, end of the day weighing is a big no for me, its when im at my heaviest (I blame the day for wearing me down!) I weigh myself completely starkers (yikes!) first thing in the morning after my morning loo (TMI sorry) and that is when I am at my lightest. Your weight can vary throughout the day. I am dreading weighing on fri morning as its my TOTM (would you believe, in week 1! grr) so doubt I will have lost much. I dont feel lighter but jeans are less tight, if you're able to at home weigh yourself at home in the morning?

You are doing great Patsy, the hard work will pay off in the end! Do what it says on the tin, and trust that you will get to your goal :) x

I agree with Libra Patsy, you should only ever weigh in the morning when you have been to the loo.... to show what I mean try that then have breakfast, lunch and try again - you will put on. Weigh a drink and you will see what you are holding when you weigh in the evening.

Don't be downheartened, I am SURE you will have lost more. Get your own scales though - Exante are giving them free with certain packs as a thought?

I know this is gonna sound a little silly, but yaaaaay! You lost something! That's always better than nothing! Just blame the scales Lol, I'm sure it'll have been more! Xx

So cheesed off today - decided to weigh myself on the scales at the gym after work ( where I weighed in last week) day 7 for me. Have lost precisely ONE pound. Sickening.

Thanks girls for your encouragement! I do have a digital set somewhere here ( not sure if they're still working!) just wanted to get on same scales at gym(also digital) that I used last week- wearing same clothes. I agree it was very bad timing today. Will try again tomorrow morning! Night all!

I can't believe how not hungry I am! Day 6 now. I almost forgot to have my 2nd meal :eek: still not drinking enough water... will it effect the weigh in on Friday?

I can't believe how not hungry I am! Day 6 now. I almost forgot to have my 2nd meal :eek: still not drinking enough water... will it effect the weigh in on Friday?

I feel like I haven't drunk enough water today too.... Personally I think that not drinking enuff does hav an effect on your weight loss, whether it actually does or doesn't, I'm not sure! X

Hey patsy, did u have another go? X

Hi Mia - wasn't online at all yesterday sorry! Home scales not working yesterday - so revisited gym first thing and they said I had lost 3lb by then. Better result but still not mind blowing! Stuck to diet til last night - then meal out with friends which I couldn't get out of - starting again today!! A few people have commented on how well I'm looking - so that's good. I definitely feel if you are feeling good you carry yourself more upright - you can of "act slimmer!" Determined to keep going. Have a reading group tonight which always involves a lovely supper and wine - my plan is to bring some sparkling water and sit as far away from the food as possible and concentrate on chatting rather than eating!

How are you getting on Mia and Libral?

Back