Back With a Vengeance!

Just read your diary, you're doing so well!

Don't worry about the odd "down day" when you wonder if it will be worth it. Just concentrate on how far you've already come, you are doing amazingly! :)

You'll soon notice small things, something like when you're parking the car you don't have to leave yourself as much of a gap as before to get out (I was shocked at what I squeezed out of the other day, no way would I have done it April this year..!) You'll find going up the stairs is easier (This is something that I didn't even think was an issue for me before) general walking gets easier, less acid reflux (If you're like me this is, haha.) and in general feeling healthier.
You'll soon naturally be picking out the good things over what you used to pick. Your body will associate you feeling healthier with what you're eating now and that helps a lot.
It doesn't completely eliminate the craving for junk food though, but I think that's because junk food is addictive!
You'll also learn what you can and can't get away with. If I fancy a take away I get a chicken shish kebab and syn any sauces and the pitta. Chinese things can also be low syn :) (I think curry can be as well.. But chinese and kebabs were always my faves.)

Sorry, got a bit distracted with what I was writing then, lol..!

But yeah, what I'm saying is that even if you feel like it's a long way to go, focus on the positives already achieved. Keep to small goals. :)

Also, it may be worth measuring yourself. If you don't want to know your measurements use string and mark with a sharpie where it reaches when around you. It's what I've done because I'm too scared to know how bad my measurements are. And I keep the string rolled up so I don't see how big it is. But when I re-measure myself with it I get to see how much I have lost and it's a huge motivator!

I'll keep popping in to see how you're doing. You really are doing amazingly well! :)
(And sorry for half ranting on a bit before, haha. :) )

So last night, I felt rather awful. Laying in bed, I was thinking about how daunting my weight loss journey is and how long I actually have to go. I was just: "oh my goodness, can I actually do this?" My brain does like to put me down, and I can be my own worst enemy sometimes, so I dunno, I just need to stop these thoughts somehow.
Hey just read the whole thread and your story is amazing, you are doing so well, some of us , including myself, we got lots to lose, but let's be strong together and don't give up this time, like i have done so many times xxxx

Hi, here to subscribe =)

One day at the time is way to get to your target. I have failed so many times before , because I think I have so much to lose and even if I lose a stone I still have 13 to go and I will never get there. Then usually I slip and cant get back to plan.. and all repeats itself over and again.

Not this time. This time I have small targets - 2 stone. I only work for two stones at the time and I mark dates on my calender when I want to be 2 stones lighter. I count 2 pounds a week and that makes that to lose 2 stones I need 14 weeks. So far it had happened faster as the amount I need to lose is big and at first weight gets off faster.
I suggest you to make mini goals for yourself too- that way you dont see the big number but small one and you dont feel so dishearten next time you start to think about " can I do it"
Other thing I do is photos - of myself, my food and my motivation cloths. Every month I take new photo , photoshop em together and then looking what have changed. 2 st makes big difference - huge even.
I keep food diary - with photos , to make sure what and how much I eat
I have weekly menu and I try to do what I have written down , so I wont go shop and get something "because I felt that way"
I have cloths that I try on every little time, to see if they fit better of are they getting big
I work out. If you dont want to go to gym - dont , but get some workout done, 10 min a day is good start - I know its hard, but it gets better - I promise. Why I suggest working out and keep a diary about it , is that you can see how far you have gone. Lets take sit ups . I could do only 4 or 5 at start - but every day I did 5 and then 6 or 7 , now I can do 80 without stop. I would never ever believe 6 months ago I could do so many situps- or be 30 sec in plank position.
I eat a lot. And I mean a lot - big plates, lots of food on them - to fill me up until there is no free space left - and then I can go without thinking of food for hours. I always have fruit at home , to get one - if I feel like snaking.
I use pepsi max to kill my needs for sugar. If I want candy - I drink pepsi
Eat food you love- just make them SW friendly - dont go for "healthy stuff" because its healthy - you will get bored of that soon and will go for something you should not.

At my max I was 25 st 3 lbs , this saturday I was 18 st 4,5 lbs. Im a chef - working with foods every day- and if I can do it- so can you. Keep going , one day at the time, you have done so well already and in short time you will be amazed how far you got. If you have bad day - forget about it. Even god did not work every day - give your self a rest and try again next day, and day after that =) You will be amazed when you get to your goal.
oh, forgot - smile too , it helps =)

You're doing amazing!! Just like my buddies Destamia and hez xx

Thank you so much for the support guys, it means a lot to me!

Like many of us, I have tried to diet in the past with varying results. Slimming World has been the best for me, but it seems like - when I get to around a two stone loss - something triggers in my brain that I won't be able to do it further. I need to jump that hurdle and not look back.

I've got two pounds until my two stone, so I'm going to smash that this week and not look back ;)

How you getting on with those 2lbs? :D x

Hey guys, I'm doing well thanks!

I changed what I eat for breakfast this week, and I'm finding that I don't feel hungry for a good 3-4hrs afterwards - marvellous!

Not been off plan at all, having all syns, so yeah, not much to be negative about on that front :)

I do get weird cravings when I'm trying to fall asleep though. Like last night, I really wanted to order Domino's - soooooo, so so bad. I drifted off a few minutes afterwards, so that was nice.

I'll tell you what I used to order from Domino's:

Large Pepperoni Passion
2x Chicken Strippers Combo
Garlic Pizza Bread
Tub of Ben & Jerry's
Fanta 1.5L

130+32+14+28+67.5+21=292.5 syns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....! (I think that's nearly 3 weeks worth of syns in one sitting)

Looking at that, I just say "no thanks".

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm doing well thanks!

I changed what I eat for breakfast this week, and I'm finding that I don't feel hungry for a good 3-4hrs afterwards - marvellous!

Not been off plan at all, having all syns, so yeah, not much to be negative about on that front :)

I do get weird cravings when I'm trying to fall asleep though. Like last night, I really wanted to order Domino's - soooooo, so so bad. I drifted off a few minutes afterwards, so that was nice.

I'll tell you what I used to order from Domino's:

Large Pepperoni Passion
2x Chicken Strippers Combo
Garlic Pizza Bread
Tub of Ben & Jerry's
Fanta 1.5L

130+32+14+28+67.5+21=292.5 syns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....! (I think that's nearly 3 weeks worth of syns in one sitting)

Looking at that, I just say "no thanks".
good on you for being strong

Well done on your progress Jamesie. Reading through your thread it's amazing how so much of what you said resonates with me.

Keep it up dude :happy096:

I lost 0.5lbs this week.

I must confess that I'm not very happy about that, because I have struggled with temptation all week and been successful but it didn't pay off on the scales in the way that I wanted. All I can think of that caused this was that I had my dinner at midnight last night, and I couldn't go to the toilet this morning.

I am down at the moment, but I'm not beaten. I lost and that's what counts.

I think i would be feeling the same :sigh: But a loss is a loss. However small it is :), and you have had some huge losses already. Wouldn't it be great if we could pick the number, what we think we deserve :) (i would be at my goal already lol)
heres to the start of a new week for you, and i bet you have a great number! x

Keep going boy! you are doing so well xx

Are you also taking your inches measurements from chest/neck/hips/waist etc? :) You'll likely be losing there too. Well done on the loss!

Aww don't worry, you'll be there soon. :)
Maybe try to have an earlier dinner next time the night before WI :) I also find if I can't "go" I don't have as good of a loss, so it is probably just down to that. :) I once weighed myself before and after and the difference was 2lbs so.. it really can make a big difference. (sorry if tmi haha.)

You're doing so well! :)

As I always say - hard work is never lost. Never =) Dont be unhappy with 0,5 pound loss its still a loss and I know how much you want to be at target now and today , if possible =) but slow step is the best way to get there.
About your temptations - what would you like to have ? maybe you can do some fake away food this week or try new bakes - something new and interesting to get your weight moving again. Dont forget fruits and veggies and water too.
Weight loss is not a race and one day you will be in finish line

Do something today that your future self will thank you for =)
You can do it

How are you today jamesie? :) x

Hello!

I'm okay thanks, just carrying on as normal today.

People at working keep asking me to go to KFC for them, which is a bit annoying! I'm being firm though and just saying NO :)

I'm going to try to do some exercise over the weekend to see if that'll help with getting a great loss on Thursday.

Back