Before and during - so far so good.

Really well done :)

Fantastic!!! Well done!!

Amazing, You dont even look like the same guy.

God i bet you feel so much healthier.

Bernie x

thanks ladies :) x

I'm feeling alot healthier, i just wish i had done this years ago.. guess i had to wait for my head to be in the right place or it wouldn't have worked and i would have been put off for life :( .. but it really is working, i'm losing the weight (no rush, just taking my time). I feel healthy and manage to go to the gym a few times a week. i actually 'feel' like a new person and i actually like myself for once. still along way to go, but one day i'll be there :D x

Malc-D said:
thanks ladies :) x

I'm feeling alot healthier, i just wish i had done this years ago.. guess i had to wait for my head to be in the right place or it wouldn't have worked and i would have been put off for life :( .. but it really is working, i'm losing the weight (no rush, just taking my time). I feel healthy and manage to go to the gym a few times a week. i actually 'feel' like a new person and i actually like myself for once. still along way to go, but one day i'll be there :D x

The feeling like a new person and actually liking yourself now is the thing I can't wait to feel. A new life, i'm just so fed up of hiding myself away in the house.
I know this is the right time for me, I just know it and I'm so excited about this journey. And reading everyone's stories on here makes my journey so much easier.

Bernie x

congrats on your weight loss so far bernie, and good luck for the future :D

i honestly do think that to succeed in weight loss your head has to be in the right place, glad you've found that and are looking forward to your journey, it's great to use this site as inspiration, but also get motivated by what you are doing and have already achieved :) x

wow amazing! you have done so well, an you look fab btw!! Im not even half that loss yet (3.6stone) but cannot wait to achieve this also!! i bet you feel soooooo good :) xxx

Thanks, i feel great, healthiest i have ever been.. congratulations on your weight loss (amazing ;) ) and good luck for the future :D

Thank you too! :) its a great feeling loosing the weight

Hi Malc, your piccys are brilliant and you have inspired me to do the same - I am going to find something which weighs the same as my current weight loss and use that as an inspiration to keep going....best of luck on your continuing journey.:)

All i did was find out what i had lost in Lbs or Kgs and then just searched that ammount in google images, pretty easy really. but a huge shock when pictures of microwaves, car tires, dogs etc come up.. sometimes i sit here knowing that i've lost X amount and although i'm very proud of it it's just a number.. but sitting at the computer looking at a picture of a wooden picnic table and bench set makes me really think about what i have lost, and how i ever managed to carry that weight around with me before.

Good luck with you future weight loss and hope you find something inspiring in your weight loss comparrison :D

Malc-D said:

All i did was find out what i had lost in Lbs or Kgs and then just searched that ammount in google images, pretty easy really. but a huge shock when pictures of microwaves, car tires, dogs etc come up.. sometimes i sit here knowing that i've lost X amount and although i'm very proud of it it's just a number.. but sitting at the computer looking at a picture of a wooden picnic table and bench set makes me really think about what i have lost, and how i ever managed to carry that weight around with me before.

Good luck with you future weight loss and hope you find something inspiring in your weight loss comparrison :D

Just tried doing this and it has really given me a boost!!! Well done on your achievement!

And well done on yours too :)

i'm glad you've gotten a boost from these silly pics i did when bored lol .. i've got a few more to upload, might do that over the bank holidays and i have a few ideas for some other pics but no idea how to do them yet.. i'll keep thinking and post them when and if i can.

hope everyone keeps up their amazing weight loss :D

you look amazing and i like the idea of comparing your weight loss to actual things! :) well done!

Thanks.

About 5 or so years ago i went on a diet and ended up losing around 2 stone, after some deaths and other stuff in the family it all came back on plus about 3 stone.. when people talked about it i just didn't care, i was like 'well i lost 2 stone before i can do it again anytime i want'.. and i never really wanted to.. so over a year ago i really wanted to do it again, but i wanted it to be more then just a number, numbers don't relate to anything in reality. Any one can say they have lost a stone or two or ten but i decided to compare my weight to real life objects, something i could hold, pick up or push about.. something i can point to and tell someone to move it and then say, i've lost that.. i've lost a microwave or my height in jaffa cakes. ( mmm jaffa cakes :p )

so one boring night i started googling weights, and it shocked me.. how did i live before carrying around an adult dog all day, or car tyres or a step ladder, what was wrong with me ? answer: nothing was wrong with me, i just had a little bit extra that i had to get rid of.

This is what pushes me, not a goal weightor a taget weight loss, just a healthy weight and lifestyle.

And at one point in the future i want to be able to say i've lost a me and found myself ;)
(dammmmmn, thats a good line that coud be used in one of those true life story biography books.. ok, thats my line, no one knick it. if i ever write about my life stories thats my last line :D lol )

Back