Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Is FFF about today. This was her first day and I Wanna know how she got on?

Day 1 - headaches and happiness

:D Right... FINALLY I get a few minutes to write todays efforts...:rolleyes: - just as I stepped into my bath the phone rang (I swear that BT and Anglian Water are in cahoots!)... my friend wanted to come over to "talk" - I knew this meant a long session of nodding and umming ;) , she's a great pal, so I didn't mind but asked if she minded if I had my bath first.. (in a nice way of course!).. I knew whatever was bugging her wasn't urgent as she said for me to call her when I was ready) :p

Back in the bath and the mobile went..:mad: and then the house phone :mad: :mad: .. in the end I ignored everyone :eek: and sank into the now deflating bubbles! I fell asleep! :eek: Fortunately I woke before I drowned or got cold! :)

Well, the day got of to a flying start, actually think I slept better last night than in a long while :confused: , but then, I was on here until after 1am! :eek:

Anyway... literally ran downstairs to have my very first "meal" on Sole Source (although I actually think I may rename it to Soul Source! - will explain more another time ;) )... so.. quick rummage in the bag and I chose Fruits of the Forest (mentally thinking it would remind me of a fruit yogurt taste - and it did!):D . I washed it down with a pint of water (my second of the day as I had one by the bed too which I downed as soon as I woke up) which I think helps to digest it a bit better :confused: - not literally, but because of the density of the mix.. know what I mean:confused: Anyway... drink drunk, blender washed and ready for lunchtime... off I head to work. I already picked up 4 x 1litre bottles of Volvic last night on my way home from Ailsa's and so, they are nicely chilled now:) ... all I can think all the way to work is how fab it's going to be when the weight has gone and I will look SO different and FEEL it too! :D Somehow the sun seems brighter and the clouds whiter and fluffier today! I sing along to the radio all the way:rolleyes: ... as I pass the newsagents where I would usually call in and pick up £5 worth of crap food and snacks, I smile to myself and make a mental note to see if I can save the equivalent money and stash it away somewhere so I can treat myself to a health farm or pamper day somewhere in the future...:D

Self-righteously I get to work and take my water into the office. First things first... I log on here! :rolleyes: lol (now... I don't want to hear anyone accuse me of addictive behaviour... BUT..!:eek: ) anyway... confession time!... couldn't focus on work at all and was SO glad when I had a few phone calls about mind-numbingly easy things and a visitor who likes to sit and chat! :D I put the fan heater on as I feel a bit chilly (I work in a church building with very high ceilings and pathetically inadequate heating.. ;) ).

As I have decided that today I want to finish about midday it soon arrives and I want to rush home and have another "meal" and get back on here... :eek: but no...:eek: instead... I end up coming home, having a row with the car dealership :mad: :mad: I've ordered my new car through..(threatened to cancel the order if I can't have it when they said i could! Major league strop! lol poor sod... premenstrual AND on the first day of the Cambridge, .. I mean... what chance did he have!!:cool: ). In the end we agreed that he will call me tomorrow and confirm that I will get my car oon time, or I really AM going to tell them where to stick it!!:mad:

I then have the job of ringing my ex-brother-in-law:( (who I last spoke to in June of 2005) to arrange to meet to sort out my younger daughters trust fund money on her 18th next week... I hate having to ask him for anything , but we are joint trustees, and to be honest, I'm glad that after this I shall never need to speak to him again!:) So, a difficult phone call but hey - I'm feeling particularly bolshy so it's ok!:D

During all this I am drinking with such a thirst! I lose track of how many pints of water I've knocked back! After all that I had my second "meal"... I am desperate to chew something so I have a Caramel Bar... it's something Ailsa and I discussed...:) if I'm not in ketosis by day 4 then the bars will have to go... but for now... it's better for me to do it this way. I also decided (this morning) to put the bars in the cupboard where I keep the mugs.. this way I can't see the food in the larder unit or cupboards or fridge ;) ...and... what the eye can't see, the mouth can't hanker after!!:rolleyes: I must ask my daughter to take the kitkats upstairs though, it IS hard to see them in the fridge. :rolleyes:

Anyway - I sit and take AGES to eat the bar:) ... whilst watching Midsomer Murders... (how can they get away with that in the middle of the day:confused: ).. anyway.. I enjoy every morsel fo the bar and THEN I decide that I need to sort out my bureau... so... another hour or so passes before I realise it and then I decide to run a bath. Another pint of water downed and countless trips to the loo already...

I come downstairs and log on here with every intention of saying a few words but then the phone goes and it's my mother. Well,. as I'm feeling a bit grouchy I manage to keep the conversation brief:eek: (best way when worried about saying something that may have many years of being regurgitated at you!!):rolleyes: I've just spent a very arduous weekend with her and my stick thin gran... won't even BEGIN to tell you how horrendous that was!

I dash upstairs. Bath too full... smells nice though... phone goes again.. Car dealers.. I keep thinking... I wonder if when I am slim if I will be more chilled out about distractions... hope so!

Anyway... I've started to get a real nagger of a headache and have yet another litre of water (I drank 2 at work). I feel a bit nauseaus too.,:( but, armed with my little info leaflet about the cambridge, I head upstairs and sink under the bubbles! (I have to be really careful though as I have broken the sealant around the bath:eek: ... so can't have any overflow or it is prone to coming down through the kitchen ceiling! (as I found to my cost once!):( I'm quite pleased though as I can actually sit down in my bath now... at my heaviest I couldn't fit in it and was so glad we had a shower!

:eek: Oh, and, I think I discovered the origins of the term "bums rush"... I think it's that mini tsunami you get when you have already pulled the plug out whilst jammed into the bath, and then, suddenly lift your ar*e up! :p

So, I fell asleep:eek: ... it was lovely:) ... had to shower though as well as needed to wash my hair too... so, that all done, I look into the mirror and wonder what my face is going to look like slim :confused: and if I will suddenly get all wrinkly and tired looking... I have a theory that the only reason I don't have many obvious wrinkles is coz me skin is stretched so much!:rolleyes: (never see a timpani drum with ripples on it now do you!?) ... you see, I've never been a slim adult... when I left school at 16 years old I was 13-14 stone and a size 18-20. I haven't revisited those statistics since...it's too scarey to even think about!:eek:

Blimey - I do waffle! :eek: (mmmm waffles... lol)... anyway.. eventually (about 8pm) get downstairs in me pj's and cozy bedsocks! Get myself another pint of water and sit down... remember to call my mate up and she comes around.. we sit and do what we both do best.. TALK...:rolleyes: for the next 2 hours!:eek:

I offer her a drink and make my last "meal" of a chocolate mint drink with pint of cold water, and we say our goodnights and I think.. right,.. NOW I can get online and write about today!..

THEN the phone goes and it's my date for Friday evening... now HE is a dish (well, I think so!) and I am SOOOO excited about the date! lol, it's only our second one but I can already feel me toes tingling (and I'm sure it's NOT varicose veins or cramps!)... :p

He asks how the diet is going... (he's a member at his local Slimming World)... so I tell him it's great! He lost a pound this week but was happy with that... (I flaming wouldn't be!).. but then, I don't think he's sticking to it... and boy can I relate to that! (NOT now though!!! :D ) we chat.. as you do... :p and when we eventually say goodnight I remember that I was supposed to be back on here and catching up with things!! :rolleyes:

So... here I am...:) sitting looking SO delightful in my jimmypalmers and odd (1 pink , 1 blue) bedsocks:p and thanking God that I got through my 1st day ok! :D

Still got the headache and feel a bit ikky, :( but if I don't think about the ikkiness it will pass! :) Also... hair came out loads when I combed it after shower,.. but.. as I have enough hair to stuff a matress.. I'm not worried about it. The headache's not good though..:( still... off to bed in a moment and will be asleep (apnea permitting!) and won't feel a thing! :D

AND... now it's past midnight I'm already into Day 2!!!:D

(Sorry this is so lengthy... I obviously don't get out enough!) ;)

Ta! :D
Glad you like it! :)

Probably be dead boring tomorrow and just say.. got up.. had meal... work.. meal... out... meal... bed.. :rolleyes:

NAH! :eek: on't ever be like that ! :D

Hope you've all had a great day too Irene, Cheb & Claire & anyone else who peeks in here!:D

Hi FF&F
Im so glad to see you I have been praying for you all day cause I was u wondering how you were doing and I was praying that it wouldnt have been cause you slipped off the track that you havent been on. Im so glad you had a good day. By the way. Have you ever thought of novel writing? You have such a way with words that your 100 or so lines (only teasing) seem to be quite short.

Hi FF&F
Have you ever thought of novel writing? You have such a way with words that your 100 or so lines (only teasing) seem to be quite short.

LOL :D

As it happens... ;)

I do have something on the go at the moment, but then, I think someone said that everyone thinks they can write a book! I've only ever written to just "get things off my chest" and for my eyes as I find it very therapeutic... so... thanks for the compliment:confused: :p :D

Oh, and thanks for the prayers... never can have too many of THOSE!!! :D

Last edited:
Day 2 - Morning sickness!?!?

So, here I am on the morning of day 2 and I have to admit, I feel totally crap. :( I went to bed (far too late!:eek: ) last night/this morning with a stinking headache and feeling sick, and woke up precisely the same way! (far too late, feeling even sicker and with a real stonker of a headache):( .

Don't get me wrong, I expected this, but it is pants and I feel like sh*t! I can't even think about having a meal as just the thought of it is making me heave! I've rung my CDC, bless her... (hope her day started better than mine!) and left a message on her mobby. :)

But (and I keep reminding myself) that is only the physical side of how I feel, mentally (oh, and I have been called mental SO many times!:rolleyes: ) I am still as determined as ever.. I mean... let's face it... a few days of feeling like I did in the early stages of both my pregnancies.. well, it didn't stop me continuing my pregancies and at the end of those 9 months (well, 31 weeks in Sarah's case:rolleyes: ) having my babies - and they have grwon to be wlovely people and are stunners (will have to put some pics on of them) so, a few days of feeling ropey isn't going to stop me having a stunning outcome! :) But this time I'M GOING TO BE THE BABE (and it may take me a tad longer than 9 months..):D

I ummed, ahhed about whether to come into work or not:confused: , and, as I am almost out of loo roll :eek: , that if I was well enough to leave the house to shop, I was well enough to work! :rolleyes: (It's a bit like the way I have always raised my girls... if they were too ill to go to school they were too ill to see their mates or go out!) Hard cow eh! lol

So here I am.. drinking another litre of the volcanicity - provider as I type! Well, no, not literally of course - that would be very silly!:rolleyes:

I still feel very nauseus..and NO... before ANYONE asks... there is no way, never, ever, in a bazillion years that this is morning sickness! There are certain things that need to occur for that, AND you need the proper fully functioning equipment - so that counts that out on both fronts! :p Thank goodness an' all! I've given my girls strict instructions - no grandchildren for at least another 8 years!! I'm just not ready to be called "nan" (yuk!), "granny" (double-yuk), "nana" (better)...AND,, not that I am a control freak you understand!! ... I will choose the term used! (Otherwise they will get revenge and call me something ridiculous like Grandmama!!! :eek: - I know my girls! lol):D

Oh, I do feel better for having vented... better get on with some work now I suppose... and figure out how to get todays 3 "meals" in when the very thought has me feeling SO rough! Perhaps I'll plug my nose with cottonwool (how attractive) so I can't smell it and then just neck it down real quick! Will try that when I get home at lunchtime.. oh, and I'm not hungry at all! So that's good innit! :D

Day 2 ... still feeling crap - nearly bed time methinks!

Well, it's almost 7pm and I am seriously fed up.:( I'm sorry, but this is gonna be a real moaning-Minnie-fest! So, for those of a delicate constituition - LOOK AWAY NOW! ;)

Firstly I need to say that my CDC rang me back and was lovely :D - she said that the sickness and headaches were a very positive sign of getting toward ketosis! Must admit, its hard to get enthused when you feel like you're going to puke all the time!:rolleyes:

I know she's right, and the conversation DEFINITELY helped and I followed her advice.. when I got home I sat and had a bar... well, I have to say,the Cranberry Crunch is absolutely scrummy!!:) I felt a bit better but each mouthful was very hard as I still feel intensly nauseaus. I haven't had anything else yet, I can't face it... but.. I did read some recipes (my CDC told me where to find them) and have decided to have a go at making a "muffin" in the hope that it will be more palatable. I'm also finding myself wishing I had opted to have some savoury shakes as I am absolutely freezing and think some hot soup would be a good idea! :confused:

I'm also in a pissy mood because I got a call from the car dealer :mad: to say that the "build date" for my car has somehow been moved to Mid-later November at the earliest! I AM SO HACKED OFF!!!:mad: :mad: I was promised delivery on October 25th, and now, ONLY because I had the gumption to ring and chase it up, I discover that I might not even get it until the new year - well... I told him my feelings on the subject and cancelled the car. :mad: :eek: Hit 'em where it hurts! Direct hit, bullseye to the wallet!! He's asked me to give him until end of play tomorrow to find me a suitable alternative, and I agreed but I'm so cheesed off at the total lack of professionalism and poor customer service, that I am not going to have a Ford. :mad: :mad: I've always driven Fords, and this would have been my very first ever brand new car!! Well... I am SO cross... my old battered rusty fiesta won't get me safely through the winter.. :eek: I know it! It's due to be taxed in a couple of weeks too! GRRRRR!!! I AM SO WOUND UP! :mad: :mad:

Being tired, cold, and feeling like I'm going to upchuck every five seconds doesn't help much I s'pose... oh, and of course... there's the good ole PMT too! What a blissful day - thank goodness it will be over in a few short hours!

WHAT a moaning cow I am tonight.:( :( Sorry.

One thing though.. it HAS NOT quelled my determination! I AM GOING TO DO THIS! I am trying to imagine what I will look like next spring.. and in June I am planning to go to the Caribbean with my sister for 3 weeks to Tobago (really good deal - cheap flights and she has loads of mates out there!), and I SO want to feel lovely and swim and sunbathe and maybe even wear a sarong over my cozzy instead of covering up with baggy t-shirts and shorts or long skirts. THAT isn't the reason for doing this though... not a bit!

I'm doing this for ME!

Hmm, might dream about Tobago for a bit...:)

I went shopping this afternoon (forgot to get loo roll so have to go out again soon!!) and as a treat, instead of the usual cream cakes, crisps and diet coke.. I bought... Peter Kays new Autobiography! I was tempted to go into the clothes shop "Yours" but I thought... why bother! I'm going to lose so much weight and I have heaps of clothes from sizes 18 to 32 already!! So, money saved on cakes and crap and clothes = £20+ money spent = £12.99 SAVING £7.01! BARGAIN!:D :D

So... think I will take some of my own advice.. hot water bottle, bedsocks, soft music, new funny book, :D perhaps even a nice aromatherapy candle (think I have a chocolate pudding scented one somewhere!).. or perhaps vanilla... and get to bed!

Must have the remaining 2 "meals" first though... might come back on later, but if not, I haven't given up, I've just gone to bed!

Oh, good thing too... :D I was telling my boss I wasn't feeling great and I told him about the diet and he was an absolute doll... his exact words were... "If you want to just sit back in your chair and close your eyes for a while do it"! He is a lovely man but I was still surprised... later on I spoke to him again (this is all on the phone) and he asked how I was and told me to be sure to drink lots of water.. I asked how come he knew about it and it turns out he did CD and lost over 2 stones on a few years ago! How fantastic is that!!! :D :D

Must admit, it's good to know that he really does understand! :) :eek:

Well... might see you all later.. doubt it though.. was on FAR too late last night, and I cancelled my date tonight because I feel so crap and don't fancy driving too far... still ... am SERIOUSLY looking forward to tomorrow nights date!!:D :D We've decided, as I'm not eating, and he doesn't drink alcohol, that we're going to hire in a dvd and have a cosy evening in!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Tee heee.... just thinking of a comment on Loopy's diary.... making me grin.. ;) :eek:

Hey FFF - I've just read through your first few pages and have been smiling all the way through it! Sounds to me like you're going to do just fahn, sweet thang!

I love the way you write - I used to write my diary in a similar style - and it helped me enormously! It's great to vent everything out, hey?

You rock, lady!!!!!!!!!

Hey FFFish

Sounds like you're still feeling rubbish, just hang on in there and you'll be in the pink and feeling so much better:D

Bad luck with the car, what a pain especially with the other being due for its tax. If you decide not to cancel I'd definitely be looking for discount to cover your additional costs or maybe they should lend you a demo car for a few months?

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hi FFNF,

I have to say I have really enjoyed reading your diary, it is a tonic!!!

When you talked about the bath I can certainly relate to it!

":eek: Oh, and, I think I discovered the origins of the term "bums rush"... I think it's that mini tsunami you get when you have already pulled the plug out whilst jammed into the bath, and then, suddenly lift your ar*e up! :p "

Nearly pmsl on this next quote!

"THEN the phone goes and it's my date for Friday evening... now HE is a dish (well, I think so!) and I am SOOOO excited about the date! lol, it's only our second one but I can already feel me toes tingling (and I'm sure it's NOT varicose veins or cramps!)... :p"

Now this is fantastic...I felt that losing this weight is like giving birth to yourself :D And so what if it dose take longer than nine months the wait will be worth it all.:D

"But (and I keep reminding myself) that is only the physical side of how I feel, mentally (oh, and I have been called mental SO many times!:rolleyes: ) I am still as determined as ever.. I mean... let's face it... a few days of feeling like I did in the early stages of both my pregnancies.. well, it didn't stop me continuing my pregancies and at the end of those 9 months (well, 31 weeks in Sarah's case:rolleyes: ) having my babies - and they have grwon to be wlovely people and are stunners (will have to put some pics on of them) so, a few days of feeling ropey isn't going to stop me having a stunning outcome! :) But this time I'M GOING TO BE THE BABE (and it may take me a tad longer than 9 months..):D "

I hope your feeling better tonight and please keep on writing it is brill.

Love Mini xxx

Day 3 dawns - a brighter day!

Just a quick post as I MUST do some work this morning. I'm feeling loads better this morning. Was a real "poor me" last night but thanks to my wonderful CDC responding to my pathetic "I'm sitting here feeling so sick and crying" text,I went to bed feeling a lot better. Will do my diary later - GOT to get these minutes done, printed, posted! Only at work 'til 12, then going food shopping with my daughter. (Not looking forward to it very much, but as I have the debit card and Asda just opened, it's going to mean deep breaths and swift feet... might send her into the food aisles while I browse the music and household ones.. or.. send her in and get her to text me when ready for my money (mind you, heaven knows what she would put in there if I did that! still... oh no.. I'm started to waffle.!) Right. anyway. THANK YOU! for all your support and kind words. Will be back on later sometime between Asda, the Bank and my date!! (OHHH, HE called me this morning.. geez, wonder if that rumbling is butterflies or hunger pangs? ) Will get back to you on that! Lots of love and hope all of you are having a great day!:D

Loving your work!

Hope things are going well still. You sound so determined and full of the vision of a new you- I know you're going to do it.

Enjoy the date, I'll be looking forward to the up-date!

Hi FFNF

Sorry I havent posted on your journal in the last day or so. Its cause Im at my mums and Dads for the weekend and I really need to spend time with them and not be stuck on the computer. Sorry to hear you were feeling ill!! Im actually not relishing the fact that that will be my around Tuesday when (Hopefully) Ketosis is kicking in.

Im Glad you are feelin better today. Or should I say Yesterday because its actually 1.23am. I am so addicted to this forum that its unbelieveable!!

Day 2... last bits of..

Right... sorry it's so late :( and 2 days out of date already but I HAVE been a busy girl! :rolleyes: lol

So Day 2 continued...... after logging off here I just sat and cried like a pillock:( :( .. I watched telly, and you know what, I can't even remember what the programme was... oh no... wait... yes I can!! Flipping... "what not to wear"... I HATE those programmes.:mad:

You know the format - 2 so-called celebs :rolleyes: get the job of humiliating 50 women slightly, then 6 more deeply, then 2 utterly and completely - and all under the guise of "helping them" to know what to wear (have THEY ever looked in a mirror!!??).. now, I don't doubt they have good results but can't help wondering what the long-term psychological damage is to the poor 2 that "get through":confused: :confused: .. I mean... did you see it? They make the poor women strip off to their undies and just humiliate them even more (as if standing almost nekkid in front of the freakin' world on tv isn't bad enough!!!) by grabbing droopy or overflowing bosoms and bellies!:eek: You wouldn't catch me NEAR one of those horrid shows! So anyway... I digress... (not like me at all eh!)... and I watched the programme and cried buckets...:( :( hell it WAS a wedding one!!!

ALSO - because I felt so poo:( (NO pun intended!), I didn't take my wages cheque to be signed so that's going to be VERY late this month (never a good idea!) AND I was down to my last loo roll and no energy to get some more so I'd begged daughter to get some... then I ran out... rang daughter in tears (9.30) and she (rather harshly I feel:eek: ) told me she'd be home at 11 and this time (unlike last night when she also promised...) she would be bringing loo rolls with her!

So, suitably depressed I texted my CDC (she's a peach!), and, in rather a melodramatic Bette Davis way , told her I was sitting in tears! Well, bless her heart, she rang me and talked for over an hour, she made me feel loads better and only hung up when my neighbour came round with a loo roll for me!:) (and no.. my neighbours DON'T make a habit of coming over at 10pm with bog roll, but I'd texted my mate Lisa and, bless her, she sent her daughter over with a roll! The relief was wonderful!:eek: :) :eek:

Then my daughter came home with another 9 of them! lol :eek: Still, should last a week hopefully!

I then went to bed and just crashed out... having had another pint of water of course! End of Day 2

Back