Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

well blonde logis - as much as i relate to most of your initoal entry -boy do i -I have to confess to being hard on my partner when he tries that absent minded junk buying thing. I know it happens - i do - but for me there is always that rapid battle of will I won't I before i utter the 'and a large dairy milk please' which undercuts the absent minded thing. I dont buy crap unwittingly I always have the final decision - and its quite usually the bad one. Of course there are reasons for this too and I'm gald you've mustered the courage to face what has set you on your self destructive journey.

hopefully I can learn to be more understanding if OH slips 'absent-mindedly' again. lets hope he doesn't tho -we're both on Lipotrim and I NEED him. lol

Good Luck - keep us posted eh? ;)

Good to hear you're still going strong - great to hear you sounding so positive .... and loving the thai chilli eh - I still drink it occasionally but I usually use that one to make crisps out of with an added kick of tabasco sauce mmmm.

I've had a good day, have still got the headache/face-ache but that's from the sinusitus rather than the diet. Drank my 4 litres already and am now on the next glass so that's been okay too.

Oh poor you with your face/head ache. :( I woke in the night with a bad headache too, and like wasn't diet related either - I have something wrong with my neck. :rolleyes: Just one of my manu pains. Hehe - we are a pair, ay?!

I am managing the water better then I thought I would...but I can't wait till the bod is used to it and the trips to the loo lessen!! lol :wave_cry:

Glad you are getting on good too Katie! I am really looking forward to my weigh in!!

Keep on keepin on girl!! And I hope that headache goes away!!:)

xx

DAY TWO

Well - this is two days of success. I think I will quit now, while I am ahead. ONLY JOKING!!!! hehehehe

Again, so surprised at how easy I am finding this! It boggles my mind....I think the 6 weeks or so I had to wait from learning about LL for the first time, to starting this week was sooo beneficial for me. I spent that time really getting my head around it, and believe that will pay off.

No side effects as of yet aside from burning a track in the carpet at work on the path to the loo. :D

No probs getting the water down.

Again, at the same time in the morning I wanted food. Out of the blue. But the feeling soon passed.

Its really so good, and so easy. So far. Lets not forget its early days, and there will no doubt be many hurdles and heartaches along the way - but I feel good. Really good about this.

2 days down - about 238 to go! Oy vay!! But..... one day.... it will be 238 days down - 2 to go. And that is what I am setting my sights on. A successful completion. And I cannot wait.

Very thankful for this site and all the lovely people on it. So many inspirational men and women.

It's good. Really good this road to a new life.

Thank you, and good night. :)

Thanks BL, I've taken a couple of the extra strong anadin and though it's not got rid of it it has lessened it a touch (though not enough!).

Have you got something for your neck?

The good thing about the toilet trips is that all the walking to and fro and up the stairs is gonna be burning off some extra calories :)

I'm looking forward to weigh in too - living Monday to Monday now LOL

Thanks BL, I've taken a couple of the extra strong anadin and though it's not got rid of it it has lessened it a touch (though not enough!).

Have you got something for your neck?

The good thing about the toilet trips is that all the walking to and fro and up the stairs is gonna be burning off some extra calories :)

I'm looking forward to weigh in too - living Monday to Monday now LOL

I thought the same thing about all the extra trips up the stairs to the loo!! Burning calories - flushing fat. Gotta be a good thing!!

Isn;t it funny, Monday was once the most hated day, and now its the day I will look forward to most!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you hon!! xx

DAY THREE

Day three was very good - I found myself full of energy where I expected to be lagging....in great spirits where I thought I would be sulking by now....and content...where I was sure I would be starving.

I did have another 4am headache, and felt a bit light headed and 'spacy' for awhile in the early part of the day - both soon passed and I felt great.

Noticed how some people at work, mostly young 'fashionable' girls look right through me, as if I am not even there...not worth a friendly smile or nod...not any kind of acknowledgement. People are very funny when it comes to overweight people. I was once one of those young girls, though at the time I did not know it and still thought I was fat - but I was one of them. I hope they know that one day - they could be me - and they will know what it is liked to be looked through as if you don't deserve to exist.

Well, at the end of the day - I'LL SHOW 'EM!

THe day ended with my first mini check in and after just 3 days on the plan, I have dropped an amazing 7.5 pounds.

That is more satisfying then any bar of chocolate or any bag of chips has ever been.

I had a little chat with myself in the mirror - and what I saw were new eyes looking back. I caught a glimpse of me. Just a glimpse - but I am still in there. And the reflection gazing back at me smiled, and told me it was going to be alright - that we could do this, if we want it. And I do. So - we are in this together. Me and my old self.

A very very good day.

Hi BL,

Although I have been posting, I must admit I have not read this thread before as I could on get on at work and it looked like it needed a bit of concentration.

Well halalueya my computer is now working at home, and as I could not sleep got up, logged on and read your thread.

It was so inspiring and as others have said I can relate to many things you are rambling on about. (I do love a rambler it makes posts more honest).

Well done and keep it up I will be catching up every night.

DAY THREE

THe day ended with my first mini check in and after just 3 days on the plan, I have dropped an amazing 7.5 pounds.

That is more satisfying then any bar of chocolate or any bag of chips has ever been.

I had a little chat with myself in the mirror - and what I saw were new eyes looking back. I caught a glimpse of me. Just a glimpse - but I am still in there. And the reflection gazing back at me smiled, and told me it was going to be alright - that we could do this, if we want it. And I do. So - we are in this together. Me and my old self.

A very very good day.

Bottle those feelings, sell em and earn billions!

I love the thought of you seeing the real you looking back at you in the mirror, I know exactly what you mean with this. You are in there, but not for long - you'll very soon be out and about :)

DAY THREE

DOH!! I did it again - I did not proof read before posting!!!!

That SHOULD read 7.25!! :eek:

Getting ahead of myself I suppose with anticipation!!!

Blonde Logic - (does the name now make sense? :D) - step away from the PC now!!!

DAY FOUR

Well, today was the most difficult so far, even already being in ketosis, I found my energy at a real low, and had hunger pangs a couple of time throughout the day. Persaverence paid off, and all is fine now. There was NO WAY I would lapse this early!! So I just rode it out and took lots of naps.

Had a very very strange dream....woke up completely confused and disoriented.

This was my first day at home, alone, with the diet....I believe that is why it was more difficult, there were no real distractions or routines such as at work.

Will have OH's comapny on the weekend so that should help.

During the work week I had all my packets at about the same time each day. 7:30am, Noon, 7:00pm and 8:30pm.

Today I waited until 11:30am for my first one, thinking if I started late in the day I wouldn't have so much uninterrupted time between packets...maybe I am better staying on a similar schedule each day?

Had a very minor headache which soon passed.

No probs getting the water down.

Glad one more day is nearly behind me.

Good girl you - you've got it off to a fine art now. I'm still a bit behind on the water today, got to drink about 1 1/4 pints and a cup of marigold before I head off to bed but that shouldn't be a problem.

Glad you'll have your OH with you this weekend - mine's working until 3 each day but at least I'll see more of him then than I have this week as he's been on afternoons.

Excellent work BL. And well done for the 7.25lbs:clap:

It does feel harder when you're alone doesn't it. You can get the false hunger, which feels so real
Today I waited until 11:30am for my first one, thinking if I started late in the day I wouldn't have so much uninterrupted time between packets...maybe I am better staying on a similar schedule each day?

It's whatever suits you. All in the evening if you like, or you could split them and just have 1/2 a pack in the morning and 1/2 later if that's better.

WARNING! WARNING! Pity party ahead - proceed with caution.....

Woke up feeling very emotional...just a bit weepy for no known reason. I have just looked at loads of before and after pics - and I think the realisation that I can shed this weight, my war wounds, that I really can become slim and healthy and normal, seeing so many others do it, well, it just feels very emotional. I think it makes me mad too, realising how much I let others words and actions impact me - how I let them take away any love for myself and let me do this to myself....each layer of fat that I thought was protection has slowly been killing me. How much life I have missed. How many years I have spent smiling on the outside, while dying on the inside - afraid for anyone to see my real feelings because that would then make them really LOOK at meand really SEE me. Does that make sense?

It feels good to cry. Having kept it all locked up for so long. I imagine this is the first of many little meltdowns to come. I don't feel bad right now - just releasing some pent up sadness I think. And regret I suppose.

Ironically, one of the things that makes me most sad, is that my Dad will never see me slim. His death was a turning point in my life, and I really packed it on after that - that horrible year. I Lost my dad, my business, my marraige, my dog, and my ability to have children (a very complicated situation believed to be based on medical reasons, but as the truth wills out always, has come to light last year that it was a lie my ex husband fed me, but thats an entirely different story, maybe for another time). All in one year. It was too much. I have never recovered from Dads death - that was in 1993 and may as well have been last week really. THe marraige was broken already yet still functioning under false pretenses, so noone was there for comfort while I greived. Except food. That is when it really started piling on big stylee. I thought it was helping me greive, when in reality it prevented me from greiving - somthing I have never done properly. The weight was already there - but it really got bad then. I think I felt like dying, yet didn't have the courage, so food became a slow form of suicide. I just didn't care enough about my life without my dad. It felt life was going to be sooooooo long. And empty - he really was my hero. I adored him. I know that is one of the main reasons I got to where I am today. And now, with this new found hope and resolution - I am so sad he will never see me slim. I know he didn;t care - he loved me unconditionally - I was his little girl always. It just would have made me so happy to make him really proud. I hate what I have become. But I am going to learn to put those bad thoughts away. For good. Once and for all. I have to. Far too late, but better then never.

It would be easy to blame everything on others actions, but I know I must take responsibility. I was weak, and allowed this to happen to myself be it at a conscious or subconsious level - it doesn;t matter. I did it. And now I must, MUST, undo all the damage.

I am scared, because now I am full of enthusiasm and gusto to dot his 100% - but I always had been in the past, and always failed and a horrible little voice in my head still tries to tell me I will probably fail here too. However, the big voice in the front of my head says I will be successful. And that voice MUST win out. And the other silenced. Forever.

Oy. What a way to start the day. But I feel better. Thanks for reading if you made it through my pity party. I am not looking for sympathy - just trying to learn to understand myself. And purging seems to help.

One day at a time.

Just one day at a time.

Thank you to those who have succeeded that have given me for the first time real hope. And thank you to those just starting on this journey for showing me strong resolve.

Together we can get there. (I hope. <----thats that little voice I mentioned)

xxx

Blonde... *huge hugs*. You have been through so much. Thank you for being so open and honest on your threads.. You are on the right track.. enjoy the journey to discovering a whole new you in 2008..xx

OH BL there is such similarity in your post to my life.

I lost my mother when I was 19 I had a wife beater for a husband and two children. I didnt grieve properly and it effected me in a similar way. I also blame myself for her death as I was a total juvenille delinquent and fear I caused her so much stress.

However, moving on I am now getting used the idea that it may not of been my fault. I miss my mother still and would give my own life just to be with her for 1 hour to tell her how sorry I am, but I know that wont happen.

All I can say to you is it will get better, you will never be cured of your loss, but hopefully we can all find a way of dealing with these losses without turning to food.

Regarding your point about your dad not seeing you, I believe he will and I am not religious, remember he is part of you so he is within you.

Hope I haven't made your more sad, we can all do this, we just need to realise that food doesnt solve problems they create them. To get through this and learn new ways, we are going to feel upset and uncomfortable and this will be our strength in the end as we will learn the correct way to deal with nasty situations.

Sending you lots of hugs.

M

What a heartfelt post. You have really been through it hun, but you have come out the other side. NOW is the time for YOU. You are positive..... no more thoughts of "I think" it has to be "I WILL". Keep on posting, its a good way to get your thoughts and feelings down and out xxx

I think that your "failure" thoughts are coming from past "diet" experience...........those are really normal thoughts.

What may help is to ask your counsellor to work with you in your Group (I promise that others will be feeling the same re failure) and look at Thought Records around these voices that keep creeping in.

What I would also add is........ it's different this time isn't it? You know so much more about yourself and your relationship with food than ever before. You understand some of you triggers and have learned how to challenge unhelpful thoughts and messages from the past around eating.

When you reintroduce food, it will be with the support of your Management Group and your counsellor and the support of yourself with your new found knowledge too. :)

Firstly I’ve got to give you a big hug (((hugs))) for you feeling how you did this morning but I do believe like you say that it is good to cry and to let out these feelings. It is so much healthier for you to release them than for them to remain pent up inside you. You’ve been through so much and food has been your comfort blanket so now without the food all that you’ve been through can come to the fore but it is so worth it and you are so worth it. By the end of this diet you will be better both physiologically and psychologically in that I believe that as well as making us healthier in our bodies it can also make us healthier in our minds as the lack of food and the counselling can make us aware of/help heal past hurts.

I know that when I did LL last year it definitely brought to light areas of my life that needed changing or for me to actually acknowledge – these were things that I’d tried also comforted myself with or tried to hide from with food and after time it did feel better that I could acknowledge, accept and move on from these.

Your big voice is strong and I know that it will carry you (and us) through this – and don’t forget we’ve all got big voices to help you through when you need it too.

xx

Thanks everyone. You are all so warm and wonderful. Ladylite, I know we have a lot in common from other posts of yours....we'll help each other get through ay, if only by understanding one another!! I'd love to sit and have a coffee with you - we could probably gab for England!!

ANd yes Lilac, you are spot on about where the doubt comes from. I definately plan to address that in group once we are all comfortable with each other.

I always feel a little embarassed about some of my issues, and its even embrassing posting here - but it helps, and the anonymity makes it easy. It will take time in group....to be brave enough to say things face to face. And at heart, when I focus and deal with things, I always tend to get a bit gushy - I just can't stop myself. :eek::eek:

Firstly I’ve got to give you a big hug (((hugs))) for you feeling how you did this morning but I do believe like you say that it is good to cry and to let out these feelings. It is so much healthier for you to release them than for them to remain pent up inside you. You’ve been through so much and food has been your comfort blanket so now without the food all that you’ve been through can come to the fore but it is so worth it and you are so worth it. By the end of this diet you will be better both physiologically and psychologically in that I believe that as well as making us healthier in our bodies it can also make us healthier in our minds as the lack of food and the counselling can make us aware of/help heal past hurts.

I know that when I did LL last year it definitely brought to light areas of my life that needed changing or for me to actually acknowledge – these were things that I’d tried also comforted myself with or tried to hide from with food and after time it did feel better that I could acknowledge, accept and move on from these.

Your big voice is strong and I know that it will carry you (and us) through this – and don’t forget we’ve all got big voices to help you through when you need it too.

xx

Thank you Katie. I feel exactly the same about the things you are saying - at least anticipating that is the way it will work. I appreciate your hugs...made me all smiley.

I feel encourage you saw a difference in yourself when you did this before. That is something I really look forward too. I'm happy about that for you.

Thanks again for all you support and encouragement. :)

I feel like I will forever be thanking everyone here - I have just never ever felt the kind of support and understanding found on this forum - its truly amazing.

Back