Brand New Year 2024 (previous-Christmas Eve 2023🎄)

It’s not always easy. Like when my daughter is here beside me eating her scrummy dinner I’ve made for her and I’m not having regular food. Just have to deal with it. It’s only short term but I do look forward to including normal food back in.

lol nothing exciting. Finishing off Parent Trap and now Perfect Pitch. For the umpteenth time 🤣 that’s after more Stranger Things. All her choice. Other daughter at a sleepover.

lol nothing exciting. Finishing off Parent Trap and now Perfect Pitch. For the umpteenth time 🤣 that’s after more Stranger Things. All her choice. Other daughter at a sleepover.
My teens love Stranger Things. I watched a couple of episodes but got confused. I watched Philadelphia last night, which I had managed to miss till now, it lead to an interesting discussion with teens about how society was with AIDS and homosexuality years ago; they hadn’t realised it was as bad as it was. So a learning opportunity. Made me feel very old.

I love films and I love the cinema. Haven’t watched Philadelphia in years. Oh yeah you need to watch Stranger Things from the start and right through. It’s brilliant.

Well. I weighed and I’m 3lbs down this week. So 26lbs in total. Hopefully I’ll have another good drop this coming week and get into losing the 3rd stone.
Meanwhile getting ready now so I can go and collect my fortnightly food order and enjoy my packs today. It’ll feel like a treat after being down to the last pack last night. Cannot wait for the chicken noodle soup and the pop squares which are like baked crisps and really yum.

Back later. Have a great day everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend and being strong with their goals. About to cut the grass which is a massive job so I’ll take it as my exercise for today 🤣

Have a great Sunday xx

I should have cut the grass, but the beach was an easy alternative to prefer lol. Will be walking the dog though later, I’m pleased with how my walking is progressing - more often, which is great emotionally too, and I’m not feeling as heavy whilst walking. An hour beach walk each day.

One week into our challenge.

Big social bbq at mine yesterday. I stayed on track so was really pleased with myself. One of the girls hadn’t seen me in months and kept complementing me on the weight loss and how well I was looking. So that was a boost as that’s the first big ‘wow’ I’ve had this time around. I drank my fruit flavourings with sparkling water the whole time they were all drinking and it kept me hydrated in the sun. Only really noticed later on as I was the only sober one lol. One guy commented sarcastically about how lovely my meal looked and I replied with how awful theirs looked. Reality was theirs was beaf ribs and melt in the mouth chicken oozing insane aromas and a table of potatoes done several ways and an array of salads. They soon forgot what I was eating lol

I did some facial before and after pics too just to remind me of where I’m at.

I have another social meeting this week. Possible some will have dinner. I’ve already said drinks only for me (that’ll be sparkling water only lol). These aren’t close friends so I don’t really want to be explaining my diet situation to them.

I feel headachey today and tired so going to get lots of water into me.

18 weeks till Christmas Eve. Head in plan. Stay on track. X

One week into our challenge.

Big social bbq at mine yesterday. I stayed on track so was really pleased with myself. One of the girls hadn’t seen me in months and kept complementing me on the weight loss and how well I was looking. So that was a boost as that’s the first big ‘wow’ I’ve had this time around. I drank my fruit flavourings with sparkling water the whole time they were all drinking and it kept me hydrated in the sun. Only really noticed later on as I was the only sober one lol. One guy commented sarcastically about how lovely my meal looked and I replied with how awful theirs looked. Reality was theirs was beaf ribs and melt in the mouth chicken oozing insane aromas and a table of potatoes done several ways and an array of salads. They soon forgot what I was eating lol

I did some facial before and after pics too just to remind me of where I’m at.

I have another social meeting this week. Possible some will have dinner. I’ve already said drinks only for me (that’ll be sparkling water only lol). These aren’t close friends so I don’t really want to be explaining my diet situation to them.

I feel headachey today and tired so going to get lots of water into me.

18 weeks till Christmas Eve. Head in plan. Stay on track. X
You sound brilliantly focused!

Well, my goals are going well. I’ve walked every day, the beach definitely tones you - I’ve actually found myself aiming at the harder bits of sand to walk on rather than the smoother bits, it all helps lol. Weight wise, I have 25lbs more to go in 18 weeks.

Feel a bit wobbly at the moment to be honest. The scales moved a tiny bit down this morning into the 27th lb and I need to wait for my ice pops to freeze to snack on them. Just need to stay focused. I could easily turn to eating off my plan but the damage it does while I’m in this first phase is just silly.
I’ve seen an interesting job that’s just opened so I might start making notes for the initial application to take my mind off food. Xx
Hope you’re ok today x

Well, my goals are going well. I’ve walked every day, the beach definitely tones you - I’ve actually found myself aiming at the harder bits of sand to walk on rather than the smoother bits, it all helps lol. Weight wise, I have 25lbs more to go in 18 weeks.
That’s brilliant. How lovely to be near a beach too. Sounds bliss.

Feel a bit wobbly at the moment to be honest. The scales moved a tiny bit down this morning into the 27th lb and I need to wait for my ice pops to freeze to snack on them. Just need to stay focused. I could easily turn to eating off my plan but the damage it does while I’m in this first phase is just silly.
I’ve seen an interesting job that’s just opened so I might start making notes for the initial application to take my mind off food. Xx
Hope you’re ok today x
Ahh lovely, wobbles are hard, hope you’re managing it ok. Interesting jobs are always worth trying for, fingers crossed for you. Can you have one of your drinks as a comfort warm one maybe? I just had a mug of hot blackcurrant and it really helped. I need to freeze some, you’ve just reminded me I can do that!

Thank you lovely @Atalanta. I appreciated really your reply last night. I did stay on track but really felt yuck. Feel better today. Dropped my eldest off to dance this morning (our life) and saw a friend I hadn’t seen since start of summer (and diet). Her reaction to my weight loss was just brilliant. It’s so nice to finally have friends notice and it’s spurring me on to keep going. I’m excited to see where I’m at when the 3rd stone has gone. This diet is really quite expensive so I can’t afford to feel sorry for myself. It’s about £150-£170 fortnightly. There is a cheaper company which I may have to switch to at some point. I don’t want to but it’s just very pricey for one person when I have a family to feed.

@Visualizing I completely get that, cost wise, but to your family your health is priceless and weight definitely has a huge affect on health.
I’m having a very hard day, absolutely drained, cold, and hungry. I’ve already eaten 900 calories and will stop now, but still got a 40 mile round trip to do the grocery shop after kids go to bed this evening. I bought water retention tablets (natural ones) and also electrolyte tablets so hope I feel better soon. Bizarrely I haven’t wanted a cup of tea all day and I live on decaff tea so that’s odd.

Ooooh there must be something in the air!!!!!! Isn’t it weird with getting these odd days. I suppose we’re allowed. Hopefully you’re getting enough of everything. Do you check your Macros too? Hope you’re ok. Early night perhaps.
I’ve been doing that job application. Going to have a meal now then another shower and get ready for this meeting out tonight.

Aw the meeting was so lovely set in a country pub. I’ve known these people a year now and it was fab. Sparkling water for me. Perfect. Hoping the scales drops tomorrow to finally get over the 2 stone mark. 🤞🏻

Hi all, I will be back later to add my goals in, I need to tweak them a bit. Great to seem more activity and support here. Nice to have people to chat to.

Back