C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Week 3 Done!

Completed W3D3 this morning and for the third time, managed BOTH 3 minute runs without too much difficulty! Really, REALLY proud of myself and rally beginning to believe that I will be able to run 5k at the end of this.

Next.......

OMG.......FIVE minute runs? Well I'll just do my best :)
This may take a while!!!!!!!!

Dx

Completed W3D3 this morning and for the third time, managed BOTH 3 minute runs without too much difficulty! Really, REALLY proud of myself and rally beginning to believe that I will be able to run 5k at the end of this.

Next.......

OMG.......FIVE minute runs? Well I'll just do my best :)
This may take a while!!!!!!!!

Dx

Well done!

The three minute runs is the bit that i wasn't looking forward to :eek: but have just completed W2D2 with not too much problems but not sure i can double it!!

I know what you mean! I was really apprehensive about Wk 3 - doubling the length of a run seemed an unnecessarily big step. But hey! I did it and I'm a 51 year-old who, prior to starting this, hadn't run for 30+ years :)

Hoping I'm as pleasantly surprised tomorrow morning; Wk4 starts at 7 a.m.!

Hope your run went well, keep up the good work. Am hoping to get out tonight once the kids are in bed, but not too sure about going alone in the dark, so will see if i can get someone to come with me.

Well.....I'm back and yes, I am pleasantly surprised! :)

No, wait....... I'm DELIGHTED :D

I did have to walk a few paces during the second 5 minute run to ease off a calf muscle which was threatening to go into spasm, but I ran the first 5 minutes without too much of a problem and the 3 minute runs now seem almost easy!

In total I ran for 16 minutes which is over half the workout!

Sooooooooooooooo pleased with myself :D :D :D

Good luck this evening. Hope you can get someone to go with you xx

W4D2

Done! and done properly! :D :D :D

Whoooooooooooooooo! Go me!

omg you are leaving me behind!! well done. Made it out on Thursday night, as was running with a friend didn't follow the programme but we did a go 30 mins with more running than walking. so am thinking if i go out in the morning will just go straight in to WK3 and if i find that ok will move onto WK4, am determined to loose another 1/2 stone before christmas! and hopefully go for a few nice morning jogs along the beach while we are there and not look as though i am going to die after 2 mins.

omg you are leaving me behind!! well done. Made it out on Thursday night, as was running with a friend didn't follow the programme but we did a go 30 mins with more running than walking. so am thinking if i go out in the morning will just go straight in to WK3 and if i find that ok will move onto WK4, am determined to loose another 1/2 stone before christmas! and hopefully go for a few nice morning jogs along the beach while we are there and not look as though i am going to die after 2 mins.

I'm sure if you ran more than you walke on Thursday then week 3 will be fine for you. Running on the beach? Hmmmmm, sounds good! Where?

Dx

went out again today with the ipod to get back on C25K and the bloody thing died!! so will hopefully give wk3 a try at some point, if i find it really difficult will do the full week.

Going to Oz mid December we really cant wait for the break.

went out again today with the ipod to get back on C25K and the bloody thing died!! so will hopefully give wk3 a try at some point, if i find it really difficult will do the full week.

Going to Oz mid December we really cant wait for the break.

Oh what a pain! Bloody technology ........it's wonderful while it's working isn't it. I bet you can't wait to go away! Oz? How exciting.... First time?

Dx

Week 4 Done!

OMG!

I really can hardly believe I'm going to be doing Week 5 on Thursday morning! :D :D :D

Today's second five minute run was over before I even started wondering about the time!

If anyone out there is struggling then my advice is to trust the programme!

Dx

well, might have to give the running a bit of a break for a while (well at least not move it up a gear) as my knees are hurting a little. Going to try and build up the muscle a bit but i'm not sure if it's still the relaxin in my body. gutted.

Oh dear! Still....it's not a race is it? If you give your body time to adjust, you'll get there. That's the beauty of the programme - everyone can progress as and when they're ready.

Are you still swimming?

Dx

WK5D1

The programme only required 15 mins of running in total today .........so why was it harder than last weeks 16?

Oh yes!........three lots five minutes! Amazingly I did it, without too much problem. Haven't felt so chuffed with myself for........well since I finished week 4 :D

The sense of achievement on this programme is second only to the weight loss I'm getting on LT!

Happy Bunny!

Well done Denise, you should be proud of yourself. poping round to my grandmas in a bit so am planning on giving it another go today... fingers crossed the knees are ok.

Well done Denise, you should be proud of yourself. poping round to my grandmas in a bit so am planning on giving it another go today... fingers crossed the knees are ok.

Oooh yes! Fingers crossed Hun!

Xx

Hi!! I've started the c25k this week. I will admit to starting at week 3 though because I used to do a bit of running and thought I'd challenge myself!!! I'm doing it at the gym on the treadmill and end up sweating like a pig at the end. Done w3d1 and w3d2 already and doing w3d3 tomorrow morning (at 7am!!). I'm 'almost' enjoying the programme so far. Tweaking it slightly though - instead of a warm up I'm doing 5km on a bike. Should be ok though???

I've been reading through all your posts and Denise you're doing amazingly well xx

Hi!! I've started the c25k this week. I will admit to starting at week 3 though because I used to do a bit of running and thought I'd challenge myself!!! I'm doing it at the gym on the treadmill and end up sweating like a pig at the end. Done w3d1 and w3d2 already and doing w3d3 tomorrow morning (at 7am!!). I'm 'almost' enjoying the programme so far. Tweaking it slightly though - instead of a warm up I'm doing 5km on a bike. Should be ok though???

I've been reading through all your posts and Denise you're doing amazingly well xx

Thanks Rachel. :)

I can't see why a cycling warm up shouldn't work just as well, as long as you don't tire yourself out!

Keep us posted!

Dx

well didn't go yesterday as it was throwing it down, would have been ok if i was at home, but didn't fancy driving all he way home wet through. Hopefully the OH will take his 1/2 day and will try again this aft.

well didn't go yesterday as it was throwing it down, would have been ok if i was at home, but didn't fancy driving all he way home wet through. Hopefully the OH will take his 1/2 day and will try again this aft.

Fingers crossed!

I ran in the rain yesterday ........how keen is that?
Can't believe what a fitness freak I'm turning in to! :8855:

Dx

Back