C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Well I finished w3 yesterday. W4 looks scary!!

I used to quite enjoy running in the rain. Cooled me down as I went.xx

Well I finished w3 yesterday. W4 looks scary!!

I used to quite enjoy running in the rain. Cooled me down as I went.xx

Well done! Week 4 does seem to be a huge leap but trust the programme, I was amazed at how readily I made the adjustment!

xx

WK5D2

"at this stage of the programme, the challenges are mental rather than physical" So says Laura, my 'coach' on the NHS Choices C25K podcast. Yeah Laura, right! Tell that to my knees!

Eight minutes of continuous running.......TWICE!

I did it! I am so proud of myself :)

Starting to feel like a 'runner' now :talk017:

Well done. That's fab!! xx

Well done Denise you're doing so well. well this week i have just been doing about an hour on the wii instead and still swimming on a monday, the knee is still not 100% so will just see how i get on.

Well done Denise you're doing so well. well this week i have just been doing about an hour on the wii instead and still swimming on a monday, the knee is still not 100% so will just see how i get on.

Yes, easy does it with that knee Vic....swimming will be brilliant for it!

I ran for TWENTY minutes today! Not sure I can put into words how amazed I am, or how pleased with myself!

Dx

Just started today
Did day 1 week 1 - was goosed at end, but good feeling too.
Can't ever imagine being able to run few mins at a time though (1 min was enough lol)
Any tips???

Just keep at it. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll be able to run without walking at all!! The plan definately works. Let us know how you get on!!

I completed w4d1 today. Looking forward to d2 tomorrow now. :) xx

Just started today
Did day 1 week 1 - was goosed at end, but good feeling too.
Can't ever imagine being able to run few mins at a time though (1 min was enough lol)
Any tips???

I was exactly the same after W1D1 and was laughing about it with a good friend who does a lot of running; she gave me a tip which was worth it's weight in gold! 5 weeks on, I have just completed W5D3 and ran for 20 minutes with no walking!

The tip......don't run too fast! Honestly, sometimes I feel I could walk faster than my jogging speed but that doesn't matter...... I'm running and I'm building stamina and fitness all the time.

So take it nice and slow ... and trust the programme. It really does work!

Good luck hun!

Dx

Week6

Oooh....that was tough! I'm a bit disappointed with myself because, having done the 20 mins continuous run required for WK5D3, I struggled with all three short runs in today's WK6D1 'consolidation' !

So, I'm going to do what I promised I would, and repeat the session. I've therefore only claimed 5.25 weeks complete on my ticker rather than 5.3 :-(

Dx

Well done Denise, you are doing such a good job.:)

I started this last week, so just did week 2 day 1 last night. I have started it before but stopped after 3 weeks. I'm determined this time, and have bought myself a second hand treadmill so I can run at home.....it's too dodgy to run in the dark where I live

Well finally got my butt out after two weeks off and completed Wk3 D2 with no problems, was thinking about going onto week 4 but might do another wk3 just to make sure that the knee is back to normal before i push it up a level... really pleased with myself :D

Well finally got my butt out after two weeks off and completed Wk3 D2 with no problems, was thinking about going onto week 4 but might do another wk3 just to make sure that the knee is back to normal before i push it up a level... really pleased with myself :D

Oooh! Well done Vic!

FWIW I think you should do the third WK3 session, WK4 is quite a step up even without a knee problem!

Take care

Dx

Well after D1W1 i haven't done anymore. Been in pain so much since (prob heavy cold as well) = haven't got energy to move.
BUT when back on my feet will try again.
Full respect to those who are working there way through the groups x

WK6D1R

Yay!

I did it this time! :D A couple of pauses on the runs; once to cross the road and once to find a dry(ish) route arounda VERY large puddle. However I'm calling it a success ad moving on to WK6D2 on Sunday. It will be a challenge because it's a 25 min run but I just keep thinking back to my 20 minute run on Monday; I really didn't feel too bad at the end of that, so fingers crossed!
:D

Yay!

I did it this time! :D A couple of pauses on the runs; once to cross the road and once to find a dry(ish) route arounda VERY large puddle. However I'm calling it a success ad moving on to WK6D2 on Sunday. It will be a challenge because it's a 25 min run but I just keep thinking back to my 20 minute run on Monday; I really didn't feel too bad at the end of that, so fingers crossed!

Well done you!! That's amazing!! :)

I've finished week 4 now. Worried about the 20 minute run at the end of next week now :eek:

Well done you!! That's amazing!! :)

I've finished week 4 now. Worried about the 20 minute run at the end of next week now :eek:

All I can say Rachel, is don't fret about it. Just tell yourself that you'll do as much as you can......you'll probably surprise yourself!

Good luck

Dx

Well I've cheated and gone off plan!! Decided to fit an extra gym session in today (usually do 4 - day 3 of each week twice) because oh is working and I'm working at 2 so thought I'd either sit on my backside on here or go to the gym. Well kinda thought I'd do 10 mins on bike, 10 mins on treadmill and 10 on xtrainer. Did just over 10 on bike (got to 5km) and then got on treadmill. After 10 mins I decided to carry on and managed 20 minutes of running without walking at all. I know I'm not supposed to be doing that until next week but it's given me a real boost!!!xx

......moving on to WK6D2 on Sunday. It will be a challenge because it's a 25 min run but I just keep thinking back to my 20 minute run on Monday; I really didn't feel too bad at the end of that, so fingers crossed!

Well I was getting a bit ahead of myself because this morning's run was 2x 10 mins separated by a 3 minute walk. :rolleyes:

However it was still a challenge because I've developed a head-cold and a cough :(. I'm glad I didn't wimp out though because I did both runs and feel much the better for some tine out in the fresh air! :D

Dx

Ooooh hi everyone.... week 2 session 3 in about 10 mins lol.... *Now where is that bottle of water*

Back