Carbonara made with quark?

I do it the same as Shellbell3 but add courgette into mine for speed. If you don't like it with quark, try with Skyr/other natural fat free yoghurt. If you have spare HEX B, a bit of parmesan goes a long way grated and is extra yummy.

I know this is an oldish thread but I have a perfect Carbonara recipe that is really yummy! For the sauce I use 2 eggs, about 5 big tablespoons of low fat/fat free creme frais and a little grated parmesan.

I realise this post is 7 years old, but I'm super excited to try this tonight :) Might add a tiny bit of wholegrain mustard and some grated cheddar on top. Thanks for the recipe!

I make a carbonara sauce with quark all the time - had it for tea tonight! & it is yummy!

I mix a tub of quark with 2 eggs until smooth, add loads of fresh ground black pepper and put to one side.

Finely dice an onion and fry it off until soft in a large frying pan, with 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Add some chopped up bacon and fry until crisp.

Meanwhile boil a large pan of spaghetti.

Drain the spaghetti (doesn't need to be completely drained as liquid will help sauce), reserve a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.

Mix the water with the quark mixture.

Remove the frying pan from the heat, add the quark and stir in the pasta. Toss the mixture until pasta is completely covered and serve :)

I also add a chopped chicken breast into mine ... nom nom!

Back