CD Craft Club!

I guess just something low fat and not too high carb so youll get back into keto quickly! Maybe ask yr cdc xxx

OOo thanks Bluegirl, will have to check that out :)

Oooh we theming tomorrow??? Xx

Sure :)

So we all for trying something new this week as our theme?

Indeed hun, something new! Post pics on Sunday! I think im gunna make a cushion incorporating a new craft, perhaps machine embroidery? Xxxx

You know I was thinking either some machine embroidery or a new sewing pattern. Really wanna learn to embroider but I have no idea how to lower the feed dogs on my machine :(

Eek! Mine just have a little sort of lever under them. Xxx

I'll have a poke round it later, I've got loads of ideas!

Well I am hoping to have some knitting to show you by the weekend, but I cant promise anything wonderful!

I'm also going to have a look at the "block a month" on Craftsy; if I can find all my quilting stuff under the stairs.........you wouldnt beleive how much junk we seem to have aquired over Christmas

Kay x

Fab blue girl :D
Have you had much experience knitting?

I'm struggling to get back into it at the mo, gotten too lazy since I closed my jewellery page for the holidays. Plus BF has packed all my craft/sewing books so I have no patterns!

I know exactly what you mean the amount of stuff I have is unreal! I'll post some piccys of my office later, I've just put up shelves so its starting to look semi tidy (for now!)

I've no experience at all, I learnt to cast on and off last week! I tried crochet but I really need some help. I cant get the hang of it at all. So I have a Cath Kidston kit for a scarf which I am going to start today and have a good go at tonight while I watch the football (not at the ground although I did take cross stitch once!)

I think my problem with "stuff" is that I havent found the craft/hobby for me. Ive tried lots over the last couple of years as I was seriously ill and it really helped me to have something creative to do while in recovery. I did cross stitch, long stitch, felt craft, hand sewing, machine sewing, papercraft, molding with fimo.........you name it I had a go, and bought stuff to do it with. I also had some very generous friends and relatives who instead of buying me a bunch of flowers would bring me a new kit. Our house is bursting at the seams!

I am usually a tidy/organised person. I like storage boxes, I like things having a place and knowing where things are........I may be a little OCD!!

xx

Haha I don't blame you! I was doodling on my laptop last night while BF was watching the football, didn't watch any of it but he provided a pretty detailed commentary lol. Didn't know CK did kits for knitting, looking forward to seeing it! I loved knitting but it did make my hands ache. I really wanna learn cross stitch and I've got loads of strings but no fabric at the mo.

I'm exactly the same! Dabble in a bit of everything but lose interest very quickly most of the time. I think the only reason I've stuck with the jewellery making so long is because I was making money out of it. I just re-opened it today so it might give me a kick up the bum to get started on a some new projects.

I'm obsessed with boxes but somehow everything still ends up everywhere lol.

How's everyone getting on with their projects?
I started one but gunna try some embroidery tomorrow & to make a draft blocker :).

Hey ladies, happy Saturday! Has it been a crafty morning for you? Can I count baking as being crafty? I've finished off the mince meat in some pies, and had some pastry left so made my version of jam tarts - heart shaped for my dear heart. It was lovely baking, really nice feeling making something, that I know would be appreciated. I think he inhailed two as his walked through the door!

I'm still knitting, we watched a film last night and I clacked my needles through it, just made one horrid mistake, but I will have to live with that as I dont think I'm clever enough to go back and pick up stitches yet.

How are you getting along?

Ive been rubbish and not done anything yet, in my defence my mums been down and ive has sinusitis! Extension perhaps!!!!!!!?????

good one you bluegirl for baking and not being tempted! I used to love cooking, would always make too much though and it would never get finished lol.

Maybe we could make it a 2 week thing? And just post our craftiness as we go along, maybe a week is abit short when you factor work & general life into it!

Sounds a good idea, perhaps its just a place that we can come to show our makings and ideas, I'm back at work on Tuesday and I know that that means less time for the things that I actually want to do.

Hope to have the scarf finished tonight/tomorrow so I'll post some pics for you to laugh at! x

Yeah i think fortnightly might be easier xxxx

Back