cf70's Diary

cf70

Hey guys,

Posting on everyone elses so may aswell start my own!

I'm 5'8 and have about another 1.5-2 stone to reach my goal weight. I have previously already lost quite a bit of weight on various diets but I'm finding the last bit harder to shift.

I'll be doing TS as much as possible but sometimes life does get in the way so if I have a holiday planned etc I'll enjoy it as normal (although my eating habits have changed significantly over the last year anyway).

So I began on Saturday 7th Jan and weighed in Friday 13th and had lost 6lbs :) which I was pleased with at my stage. I was away for the weekend with my sister so probably regained some but I won't weigh in now until Friday/Saturday so hopefully I lose another 1-2lbs! Been back at 100% since Monday so day 3 of 100% today.

I have a very sweet taste in my mouth which feels like ketosis however ketostix show negative? It's only day 3 of 100% so won't get into a panic but I have my TOTM so maybe it is that too.

Food Diary
Monday - 3 black coffes, almond vanilla shake, banana shake, strawberry shake

Tuesday - 2 black coffees, toffee caramel shake, muesli bar (it came free with my first order), chocolate caramel crispy bar

About to have my first product of the day which will be a strawberry shake.

So as I have the shake/bar sample pack I try to just pick products at random to make sure I'm not left with all the crap ones at the end. Unfortunately my picks for today were strawberry shake breakfast, banana shake lunch and lemon bar dinner. None of those are my favourite but ahwell least it uses it up and increases the odds for getting the good ones tomorrow!

Ketostix this afternoon was + compared to negative this morning so don't know what's going on there.

Have a bit of a headache today and very sweet taste in my mouth which is ketosis I guess but hopefully day 4 will be a bit better. Not really craving food today just a bit irritable and tired

You're doing great. It takes me 7 to 8 days to get into ketosis so don't worry too much if you aren't in yet. You'll just wake up one morning fresh as a daisy and you'll know you're in. We have the same goal. At 10st I'm a size 12. I'm only 5'3. I've been a 16-18 in clothes for years and 14 stone give or take. I've also had five babies so I'm not too hard on myself over it. What size will being 10st make you? I'd like to go to 9 but I'll see how I feel at goal xxx

I'm a bit taller I'm 5'8 so my current weight actually makes me a healthy BMI (only just) but I'm still very unhappy with the way I look. 10 stone should make me a size 10 I think which is my dream - I'm currently in 14s/some larger 12s.
Yes exactly! you have had kids and health problems so take it slow and be proud of what you have achieved! I have had neither of these things so mine is down to pure greed and lack of self control!

Yeah it's good to have mini goals to keep you going. My first mini goal is seeing my weight start with a 10...even if it's 10'13.99999 . I haven't seen 10s since I was at uni!!

I can't wait for the 12s I haven't seen them since 2008. I'm a small size 14 at 12 stone. You don't need to be hard on yourself either, life is hard enough on us all. You'll see the 10s and it will be brilliant :)

Hiya CF70
I've always think the hardest part is starting so big congrats on that step and you first loss.
Does the Exante diet allow for veg / fruit etc?

Thank you! Expecting a small loss this week and I was away over the weekend and fell out of ketosis but no plans this week (on purpose). 2lbs would be a dream!

I have been on a diet most of 2016 so I'm pretty used to just not eating fruit due to sugar levels it's just not worth it for me as I don't really crave it generally. Vegetables though, not allowed on this diet if doing 100% as you get all your vitamins required from the 3 meal products. However I will realistically only be able to do this diet for a month tops so my plan is to do this until February 6th and then swap my evening meal for protein (i.e. plain chicken/salmon with veg) and work from there but I will probably focus on leafy green veg to keep carbs down rather than starchy veg even though they are delicious. I really miss veg!

At the moment I'm not missing anything really. Must be fairly deep in keto. Fruit throws you right out. Actually everything throws me out. I'm planning on even staying keto as possible on my wedding day with meat and veg and vodka and coke zero. I really want it this time. Plus I don't want to eat my dinner and suddenly be a size 16 again because of regain xx

Yeah I don't miss fruit. I actually don't miss anything I just get bored in the evening and watch my housemates eat delicious foods!

Bit concerned today though I had:

Chocolate shake with the fibre husks
Lemon bar (absolutely disgusting - the worst thing on this diet so far)
Tuna pasta (because it had a short date and it was amazinnnng)

However I'm slightly concerned because after recording all that in my fitness pal my carbs are at 76g - couldn't work out what but it was the husks that took me over (with 4.5g of carbs per tspn). Will this throw me out of ketosis? I really hope not it doesn't seem worth it at all!

:(

Did you eat regular tuna pasta? Or was it an exante product? Pasta is just carbs and nothing else so I'd say it's that that would take you over your limit. The husks shouldn't make any difference as they're just bulked fibre xx

Oh no it was the exante tuna pasta don't worry! it's just odd because the 3 products add to 66g carbs and then when I put the husks in it went over 70? maybe its just a mistake in the entry on myfitnesspal

Ahhh ok lol. What was the tuna pasta like? Sounds like hell going by exantes track record I'm sure you'll be OK.
I need to go to sleep if I can so I don't munch.

Had another 100% today however also ate a babybel out of boredom. Haven't been hungry today however i appear to have fallen out of ketosis according to the sticks. I've been 100% since Monday so not sure why - The tuna pasta product last night was my first meal product so i assume it was that so i'll just go back to shakes for a few days! I also wonder if i'm not getting enough water down- probably only 2 litres last couple of days.

Tbh not expecting more than a 1lb loss tomorrow . However i'll stick at it next week as eating like this you can't logically stay the same weight for long as my calories are such much less than they were. Without being too graphic I've not been to the bathroom for a few days despite the extra fibre husks i've been taking so it's probably that too! Doing a spin and yoga class tomorrow so that will help.

Today

Chocolate shake
cherry and almond bar
exante pizza mix with plain chicken topping
1 babybel

See I get the same result with the sticks. The meals won't throw you out all the packs are keto friendly. Even the chicken on your pizza and the babybel should keep you in. I wonder if the sticks aren't reliable. I went off plan a bit yesterday but back today

I ended up out yesterday and fell off plan too but it was all protein I had

brunch - eggs and halloumi - came with bread but I didn't touch it
dinner - 2 beef burger patties from m&s with a slice of melted cheese on top (no bun or sides)
snack - nakd bar (16g carbs)

carbs for the day only came in at around 40g according to my fitness pal so not too much damage done, I appear to be the same weight this morning as yesterday so this is positive.

I have to go out for brunch again today but will stick to protein only and other meals will be shakes.
Going to attempt to do mon-wed this week shakes only and my next weigh in will be sunday :)

My loss last week was 1lb as expected but have a 100% week coming up so will hopefully see a bigger loss...so close to getting into the 10s now!

Love your post , you know you fell off the wagon but still ended up determined, I've never done a SW, or WW diet.
I use to go to one of them just to get wieghed. I stayed once for the talk and purchased a 4 pack of breakfast bars and ate the lot while I was sitting there :D

Haha I have the same struggle as I actually really enjoy the majority of the bars - except the lemon that was absolutely disgusting! If anyone wants my spare I will post it haha!

So Sunday diary was:
3x black coffees
not enough water
brunch - scrambled eggs with smoked salmon (minimal carbs)
lunch - cocoa delight nakd bar (17g carbs)
dinner - 2 cheese slices and some cubed chicken

So didn't have any products Sat/Sun which isn't ideal but I weighed this morning and I'm the same weight as Friday so no damage done and hopefully staying mostly protein won't hamper my keto this week.

Back to 100% today - planning just shakes for Mon-Wed this week and then I'll start to run out of products so I'll need to put in a new order. Probably have a white choc/raspberry shake at 12/1, vanilla at 4/5 and then have a fruity one for dinner - maybe blueberry smoothie.

Well done you. The bloody weekends are the hardest. At least we dusted ourselves off and started again though. Just realised you're from Edinburgh, I'm in Glasgow xxx

Yay! I am from Edinburgh but actually live in London, but I guess when I created my account back in the day I was still up there :)

I feel like a good loss this week is due, I'm wearing a skirt today to work that I wore a few weeks back and it's just very suddenly too big which is a bit annoying as I've not worn it often but I'll take it!.
Also did measurements and

No change in bust (don't mind that!)
1.5" lost in waist
1.5" lost in hips
no change in legs

Hope you've had a good day today CF, I noticed last night that a bra was less tight by about an inch, I've only lost 2lb but my body is so very different to what the scales are reading. I know if I don't integrate exercise soon i'm not going to loose anymore.
Ive a busy week and weekend now with family. I have so many clothes in my wardrobe that fit me when i'm slimmer, I just cant find the pleasure in buying anymore although im walking round in some terrible tracky bottoms that look like I've been living in them for a year. Mind you it does remind me of why I am doing this.
I miss the choices of what to put on before I go out on an evening ( I stopped going out and caring) I miss it and that's what you loose with weight gain ...choices. So lets open those doors and see what's on offer :) x

Back