chicken skin

blonde8

Morning all I just wanted to ask a quick question...prob a silly one but I just wondered if you had to remove chicken skin before cooking. The other Day before I started slimming world I did chicken legs and cooked roast potatoes along side. I didn't eat the skin but obviously it was on the chicken when I cooked it and I cooked potatoes in the juice. Would I have to syn them xx

Not sure on the official rules for skin but I always roast my whole chicken then remove skin when cooked.
Potatoes cooked in the chicken juices would need to be syned

Is it 'juice' or is it the fat that's running off the bird????? Potato is only free if cooked without any fat, oil etc.

Chickens do produce a lot of fat in their juices so that would need to be synned.

For the chicken to be free, you need to cook it without the skin on, as oils and fats from the skin can go through to the meat during cooking. If you're cooking it with skin on, whether you take it off or not, I'd syn it x

For the chicken to be free, you need to cook it without the skin on, as oils and fats from the skin can go through to the meat during cooking. If you're cooking it with skin on, whether you take it off or not, I'd syn it x
I was told by my c that it was ok to cook the chicken with skin on and than to take it off before eating it and it would be free x

I was told by my c that it was ok to cook the chicken with skin on and than to take it off before eating it and it would be free x

I was told the opposite, I have no idea which one is right lol x

I think the idea is if you're in control, ie cooking the food, then remove the skin. But if you're eating out or not cooking, you can just take the skin off, otherwise you've never be allowed to eat any chicken at all! :)

I don't see how this is possible. If I carve a chicken which has been roasted with its skin on, there is no sign of any fat from the skin having gone through to the meat and I don't quite see how it could.

I've never heard of having to remove skin from fowl before cooking. However, I have heard of removing all visible fat from meat before cooking - someone's not getting a bit confused over that perhaps?

Yes this is what I've always been told too. Have you ever tried removing the skin from a whole raw chicken? Not an easy task!

Lol could possibly manage to remove it eventually but can you imagine how dry it would be! x
Would probably have to use a weeks worth of syns in gravy to moisten it up aswell :)

Yes this is what I've always been told too. Have you ever tried removing the skin from a whole raw chicken? Not an easy task!

First question i asked my consultant. She was very clear, skin off *before* cooking. The most syns by the OP though is the cooking of the roast potatoes in the run off fat from the chicken. Might as well have deep fried the potatoes.

The point about removing the skin from cooked food when out and it being free, is more about practicality.

Thank u that's all I wanted to know. Nothing about the skin it was purely about potatoes being booked in the same tray xx

I cook my chicken with the skin on but in the slow cooker. I cook the potatoes separately in the oven. I found I have much less waste as the meat literally falls off the bone x

Thank u that's all I wanted to know. Nothing about the skin it was purely about potatoes being booked in the same tray xx

Your thread title was 'chicken skin'?

Your thread title was 'chicken skin'?

Correct it was but if u read it it wasn't about eating the skin it was about cooking potatoes in the samr tray as the chicken with the skin on. I'm not thick I know u can't eat chicken skin as free but that's not what I asked and as for the sarcasm just font reply if u Going to be funny. I'm put off asking things on here sometimes cos of the replays and sarcasm

Back