chickpea dahl

I had chickpea dahl last night for my tea and im sorry but i thought it was rank!! I just couldn't stomach it at all, i was really lookinf forward to trying it as well!

Doesn't ground polenta have a syn value? I looked it up online and it says that polenta ground/used as flour is 5 syns per 28g. That would make your recipe 45 syns?

I'm pretty sure I c&p'd it from here somewhere, but here it is:

Chilli Corn Bread

Ingredients:

fry light
250g/9oz fine polenta
1 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper plenty of it!
4 large eggs lightly beaten
300g/11oz very low fat natural yogurt
275g/10oz canned sweetcorn kernals drained
2 mild green chilli's deseeded & finely chopped
200g/7oz bottled roasted red peppers in brine rinsed drained & finely chopped
6 spring onions finely sliced

METHOD:
preheat the oven to 170/gas 3 spray a 20cm/8in baking tin with fry light.
Mix together the polenta & baking powder & season well.
In a jug combine the beaten egg & yogurt & pour into the polenta mixture, add the sweetcorn, chillies, red pepper & spring onions & stir lightly to combine.
Pour the batter into the flan dish & bake in the oven for 35-40mins until firm & lightly browned on top, cut the warm bread into squares or slices & serve immediately.

Syns per serving
Green Free
Original 12 1/2

Note to self - don't post recipes when starving (mouth's watering thinking about it!) LOL

Believe it's from the Slimming World Four Seasons cook book?
I made it last night, it was nice warm with a little low fat cream cheese on :) Would be lovely alongside a Quorn Chilli or as a vegi pizza base.

Hiya :)
I'm pretty sure I c&p'd it from here somewhere, but here it is:

Chilli Corn Bread

Ingredients:

fry light
250g/9oz fine polenta
1 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper plenty of it!
4 large eggs lightly beaten
300g/11oz very low fat natural yogurt
275g/10oz canned sweetcorn kernals drained
2 mild green chilli's deseeded & finely chopped
200g/7oz bottled roasted red peppers in brine rinsed drained & finely chopped
6 spring onions finely sliced

METHOD:
preheat the oven to 170/gas 3 spray a 20cm/8in baking tin with fry light.
Mix together the polenta & baking powder & season well.
In a jug combine the beaten egg & yogurt & pour into the polenta mixture, add the sweetcorn, chillies, red pepper & spring onions & stir lightly to combine.
Pour the batter into the flan dish & bake in the oven for 35-40mins until firm & lightly browned on top, cut the warm bread into squares or slices & serve immediately.

Syns per serving
Green Free
Original 12 1/2

Note to self - don't post recipes when starving (mouth's watering thinking about it!) LOL

Just beware....

Basic/Non Branded Foods Polenta, ground/used as flour 28g

red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green 5 Syns

I totally agree re being careful, but you cook polenta by adding liquid be it water or egg/yogurt batter. I'll have a look at the cook book at class tonight, put our minds at ease (or not lol)

Well, I made a special trip to Asda last night and didn't leave til I had found it! I've just opened up tin for a quick taste and it's lurverly!!! Just want to double check that it is free on Green as it's got 6.8g fat per half tin and 200 cals. It it Asda chickpea dahl - could someone just put my mind at rest please before I scoff half the tin!!

Well, I made a special trip to Asda last night and didn't leave til I had found it! I've just opened up tin for a quick taste and it's lurverly!!! Just want to double check that it is free on Green as it's got 6.8g fat per half tin and 200 cals. It it Asda chickpea dahl - could someone just put my mind at rest please before I scoff half the tin!!

Yep it is free :) enjoy

Morrisons stock tinned chickpea dhal, it's made by Sundar and it is delicious.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sundar Chick Pea Dhal, canned 400g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 14½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
and boy it was gorgeous

Hi Guys,

Where can I find the chickpea dahl in Morrisons? I'm going in there specifically for that so don't want to be in there ages lol

Thanks

Gail x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sundar Chick Pea Dhal, canned 400g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 14½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
and boy it was gorgeous

Where is it? I went to my Morrison's and looked all over but couldn't find it. :confused:

I totally agree re being careful, but you cook polenta by adding liquid be it water or egg/yogurt batter. I'll have a look at the cook book at class tonight, put our minds at ease (or not lol)

If it's in the SW cookbook then they must not be counting it as syns. That would be great! I love cornbread!

Not sure where it is in morrisons but in asda its near the tined stewing steaks etc.

Morning :)
Re Corn Bread: I did check the book last night at class, it's the Four Seasons Hardback recipe book, and deffo says free on green - yaay!
I don't think you could eat too much of it anyway - it's quite heavy, but I'm enjoying the odd slice warmed up with half fat cream cheese :)

Back