Christmas: Celebrating The WeMITT Way

Oh I agree about treats and balance - but I no longer want food "treats". What I eat now is fantastic, tasty food. I can honestly say I've not had a single meal where I've thought "this tastes like I'm on a diet" so I don't need (or want) anything else.

But I bought myself a lovely new necklace and bracelet set the other day - that was a treat :)

Oh I wish I had that response, I LOVE the food I'm eating now, but I still feel, only on occasion, that there's something missing or there are certain foods I've not learned how to substitute yet!

I was going to ask about going out to dinner with friends? Would you class that as a treat, or would the treat be spending time with people and not the actual food aspect?, I certainly admire your attitude!

My Christmas "strategy", for the three years I've been doing this, is to allow myself just 3 or 4 days of total, unrestrained piggery, lol. I eat whatever I want, trying my best not to mentally add up the calories. Then I invariably feel so ill from all the sugar that I'm practically longing to get back to restrictive eating when my off-plan days are over - it's worked well for me so far, it's like a sort of aversion therapy! :D xx

This is pretty much my strategy, as well! :D

We spend every other Christmas at my in-laws' house, and since we go for several days I don't have much control over what I eat. I could always take food for myself, but honestly I'd rather deal with the extra calories than the comments! The years we don't spend Christmas Day there, we go down sometime between Boxing Day and New Year's for a few days.

It'd be worse if we were visiting my family. My mother grew up on a farm, where they burned off 923489238490324 calories before lunch, and she still cooks like she's on the farm. But we live in the UK and my family is in the US, and although we've made it over to visit a few times, it's never been around Christmas.

"Because it's Christmas" "It's nearly Christmas" "Aww just one more, it's christmas!" are naughty leading words ;)

We had twat over so Christmas is where I really used to spoil me and mum (as it was just us two dealing with him like every other day - only with people plying him with even more alcohol than usual so he was even more unbearble) so that's where it all started for me. I do adore Christmas - but can't stand new year. Once Christmas Day is over it feels like it's ALL over for me. I'm going to use that for even less shopping!

I definitely agree about not letting Christmas last for the whole of December - I usually manage to ignore all the mince pies and chocolate that inevitably appear in the office (I even buy them myself for my colleagues, lol), and save my overindulgence for Christmas Eve onwards. :) xx

I told a work colleague "I don't buy a turkey because I don't like it much, might do a quiche for lunch instead" - and her eyes fell out of her head and rolled along the ground :D

HOW could I not like turkey???? With all the trimmings????? Actually, pretty easily.

Theria, I'm at yours for Christmas Day :D We could go Antipodean and have a BBQ :)

Oh I love the sound of a bbq for xmas day ;)

We go over the top but this year I hope to have a sw xmas

Xxx

Yes I must admit Christmas in the sun is pretty nice :) BBQs, cold meats and salads - and always a sherry-sodden trifle! :D

I couldn't imagine having it anywhere that wasn't cold/in winter.

Having said that, I don't like the heat/sun

i agree with theria im not a barhumbug but im not going mad over xmas i have never had xmas at home with hubby for 16yrs so to me its great news to be home and have it together but it's going to be simple i love new year as its my birthday new years eve do not get me wrong i will enjoy the time off but not go over the top x x but im not knocking anyone else when i was little mum and dads house (even now ) is like santa grotto i blame them for me just being very simple and small with it lolololol

I actually had an email invitation to our departmental Christmas meal at work today, lol. Friday 12th December will not be a low calorie day for me!! :D xx

wow they stay early these lot x x x :D

I actually had an email invitation to our departmental Christmas meal at work today, lol. Friday 12th December will not be a low calorie day for me!! :D xx

And I thought I was bad joking with my mum that it was August so I was putting the tree up ;) Well done your office! :p

lol thats so true kym
our place on about christmas party already lolol :D

Back