Christmas present thread

No I've not, what's that about? X

Articulate is good as well :D

I'm really excited now that I know what I'm getting my grandparents (Hamper idea pinched from in here :D ). I know they'll love it and the fact that I'll have had to think of everything that goes in to it. My granny LOVES Christmas in faaaact, I know it's not the point of the thread but I'm going to share her fave Xmas tradition that has an impact on the whole family lol!

My gran had 5 kids, obv they all had their own kids too so we've got a massive family. On Christmas morning each family obv opens their presents at home and then we all meet at her house around 10am to get our pressies from her and my granda. She puts on a whole pile of party food...pizza, sausage rolls etc (yes at 10am haha...I shall resist this year all in the name of turkey yuuum) and then this is the cheesy bit...Santa comes.

My stepdad or my uncle dress up as Santa and come in to the family room...then my gran hands in our big Santa sacks to him..Santa then calls out your name, you go, get your bag and have your picture on Santa's knee. This started when we were all tiny, the youngest grandchild now is my little sister who's 12. After that the next youngest is 17 and the oldest is 27...EVERYONE sits on Santa's knee even the other uncles haha! It's so ridiculous but I love it :D

I'm going to do a small one of the hampers for my aunt and uncle. They always used to give us lots of stuff to help when we first had our daughter and were really skint and now they are getting older and not working etc I think its time for us to start paying back the favour!
I've bought a santas boots wine bottle holder from avon and xmas wine bottle stoppers so far and will get the wine and some choccies and biscuits etc too
Xmas Novelty Set of 2 Bottle Stoppers

Santa's Trousers Wine Bottle Holder

*Emsie* said:
I like to get us a board game as a family present from Santa I think this year might try 'The cube'

I got the 'pointless' game and my parents love it! Mean only be 4 players or 4 partners if u play properly!! We don't lol x

ScarlettStar86 said:
No I've not, what's that about? X

Haha I haven't played it for ages! You move around the board, aim being to finish first. You land on various categories and have cards with all the categories on. Depending on what you land on as to what categories you use. There are laws, words, film plots, people and initials.

You read out the tag line on the card (eg for law 'on a Sunday in South Carolina it is illegal to.....') And everybody writes down an answer (eg walk your goat on the left sidewalk). You write the correct answer. You get points for various reasons, including nobody guessing the right answer on your go, or number of people that guess the answer you've written on someone else's go.

It's really quite fun and gets a bit silly at times too! Sorry if I've made it sound really rubbish or confusing! It isn't! xx

Jenna88 said:

I'm really excited now that I know what I'm getting my grandparents (Hamper idea pinched from in here :D ). I know they'll love it and the fact that I'll have had to think of everything that goes in to it. My granny LOVES Christmas in faaaact, I know it's not the point of the thread but I'm going to share her fave Xmas tradition that has an impact on the whole family lol!

My gran had 5 kids, obv they all had their own kids too so we've got a massive family. On Christmas morning each family obv opens their presents at home and then we all meet at her house around 10am to get our pressies from her and my granda. She puts on a whole pile of party food...pizza, sausage rolls etc (yes at 10am haha...I shall resist this year all in the name of turkey yuuum) and then this is the cheesy bit...Santa comes.

My stepdad or my uncle dress up as Santa and come in to the family room...then my gran hands in our big Santa sacks to him..Santa then calls out your name, you go, get your bag and have your picture on Santa's knee. This started when we were all tiny, the youngest grandchild now is my little sister who's 12. After that the next youngest is 17 and the oldest is 27...EVERYONE sits on Santa's knee even the other uncles haha! It's so ridiculous but I love it :D

This sounds lovely! Bet there's some fab pics over the years too! x

Jenna88 said:

Haha that sounds like great fun Jenna! X

I'm going to do a small one of the hampers for my aunt and uncle. They always used to give us lots of stuff to help when we first had our daughter and were really skint and now they are getting older and not working etc I think its time for us to start paying back the favour!
I've bought a santas boots wine bottle holder from avon and xmas wine bottle stoppers so far and will get the wine and some choccies and biscuits etc too
Xmas Novelty Set of 2 Bottle Stoppers

Santa's Trousers Wine Bottle Holder

i opened the links before reading properly, thought theyd be good for my parents then realised they are avon- my mum is my avon lady so don't think i can sneak them into my order without her noticing! haha

I'm so rubbish with gifts, not usually good at coming up with ideas but I'm doing well this year considering I usually leave everything till last minute.

For OH ive bought a Tassimo coffee machine. He's wanted a nice coffee machine for ages but as they're so expensive he thinks there's no chance of getting one. Saw them half price on Amazon, had some amazon vouchers so only spent £40 instead of £100 :)

I've bought some nice looking but cheap jewellery sets for my sister and OHs mum.

I've got a personalised calendar for his Nan and grandad with pics of all their grankids on. Trying to think of something to top theirs up with - might pinch the hamper idea. Might use that for my mum and dad also as haven't got a clue what to buy really, for dad especially.

Struggling with OHs dad too. Why are men so hard to buy for???

Sounds like a good start chipmunk! I know what you mean about men! I've got 3 brothers so always had that problem!
My bfs dad is quite easy as he is an avid golfer so I usually go to his golf club shop and stock up for him! Might also do a hamper for them as bfs mum golfs too so can include some balls and tees in the hamper!

I've got a few things,

Mam - ghd straighteners (bought) some max factor foundations to go in goodie bag (bought) travel pouch for ghds (ordered from avon) :) will probably buy her some pyjamas too

Boyfriend - his birthdays on xmas eve. Got him a new leather wallet, will get him Dark Knight Rises when it comes out on dvd to go with it. For xmas I got him a gstar quilted jacket, he needed a waterproof winter jacket cos all he wears is bodywarmers lol will get him some smellies to go with that.

My aunty - my mam and me are getting hers joint, got her some nicky clarke hair straighteners. Got her a travel pouch ordered for them too.

Cousin - gonna get her some of the laurens way sleep rollers for her hair, and a onesie out of primark. Will probably get something else to go with that.

Smaller cousin - going to get her a new york yankees cap (she loves them) and a onesie!! (Why does everyone love onesises?!)

Other cousins 2 yearold - got her 2 pairs of pjs out of boots (she's 2) will get her some sweets to go with.

Married aunt and uncle - was thinking of some posh coffee from whittards and some chocs. They love proper coffee

Nana - going to get her a sweet/biscuit hamper from Rington's

Boyfriends parents - I've got them a Rington's biscuit hamper. Going to get his mam the new martina cole book, and his dad well I'm stuck!! Dunno what to get him.

So there's my list lol bought some and loads more to get. I havnt really budgeted, I usually just plod on getting something every week til its done.

Erm, noooooooooooooo, Christmas is about chocolate & christmas pudding, lol:rolleyes:

Exactly!! If we can't loosen our belts a tad at christmas then when can we

I got a photo of my niece printed on canvas as sepia toned for my bro and his wife and for my parents to it looks fantastic and very personal xxx

That sounds lovely Audfen.
I got a couple more things

Male best friend-Little Mix calendar, a cube light that changes colour (we're obsessed with airwick candles that change colour), Cheryl Cole's autobiography, some sweeties and need to get a few other bits and bobs.

Female best friend- Sweeties, a wine gift set, facemasks and still need to get lots!

Stepdad-Made a start on his today with a guinness gift set

Fab thread!! :) I feel like I'm the only one though who hasn't even started their Christmas shopping!! I do have a couple of ideas......mum and dad will get a personalised photo calendar thing (other stuff too but no idea what!) .....the family I work for are getting some coasters with a photo of their gorgeous dog on......grandma (who's in a dementia unit) will prob get a photo collage picture of the family (and dogs lol) ......OH's parents have asked for smelly sets this year rather than a big pressie.....have no idea what to get OH, although he did ask for a beard trimmer this morning (and said I could borrow it!! Cheeky bugger!!) .....nieces and nephews will prob just get vouchers...... What am I going to get my 12 year old???????? Help!!!!

Fab thread!! :) I feel like I'm the only one though who hasn't even started their Christmas shopping!! I do have a couple of ideas......mum and dad will get a personalised photo calendar thing (other stuff too but no idea what!) .....the family I work for are getting some coasters with a photo of their gorgeous dog on......grandma (who's in a dementia unit) will prob get a photo collage picture of the family (and dogs lol) ......OH's parents have asked for smelly sets this year rather than a big pressie.....have no idea what to get OH, although he did ask for a beard trimmer this morning (and said I could borrow it!! Cheeky bugger!!) .....nieces and nephews will prob just get vouchers...... What am I going to get my 12 year old???????? Help!!!!

Could you get your 12 year old a stocking filled with socks, underwear, bath stuff, niknaks & give then money or will money be a disapointment?

Happy Holidays said:
Could you get your 12 year old a stocking filled with socks, underwear, bath stuff, niknaks & give then money or will money be a disapointment?

Oh he'd LOVE money lol. He's just recently got a new phone (on contract) and he's bought himself a guitar (which we're waiting for to be delivered), he's at that funny age like someone else said on this thread earlier, too old for toys but too young for stuff he wants! He's not really into games consoles and stuff, plus we don't spend loads at Christmas as we don't have a lot to spend, plus I don't see the point in buying presents for the sake of buying something, if you know what I mean, I'd rather buy things people need (god now I sound miserable!!!!! Lol)

Back