Chunky Dunker To Skinny Dipper

Ooh are they? Is that the bigger ones? They're usually 6 for £3 so might try find some. Thanks!x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yea the big ones the rhubarb is to die for Mmm ! X

Didn't put yesterday's food on so here it is -

Breakfast - 2 x Weetabix HeB with milk from HeA and a banana

Lunch - 2 x Boiled Eggs, couple of slices of packet ham, beetroot and cucumber

Dinner - 2 x weight watchers sausages (0.5 syns each) Chips made in the actifryer (4 syns for the oil) mushrooms, cucumber and a mullerlight with a pear for desert.

Went a bit crazy when I finally got the tv to myself and caught up on this week's episode of The Following with a bit of a picnic lol I had a Bachelors cup a pasta 3 x nice biscuits 2 syns each) and a packet of french fries (4 syns) so I used all my syns.

Writing that down it looks like I ate way too much, will find out on the scales later at first weigh in. Yikes!! x

First weigh in and I had a very underwhelming 1.5 loss. Trying to tell myself that if I get that every week it will all mount up but with a huge 18+ stone to lose I'm feeling a bit gutted.

On the plus side my class leader Jayne is going to read through all the food diaries from us first week weighers later and tell us what we did right and wrong x

A loss and not everyone has a massive loss first week lots have that big loss on the second week honestly!!! dont be downhearted and yesterdays food is not too much of anything its to plan you really have to have trust it will work xx Post your diaries daily so we can have a nose n see if we can help out til u get in the swing of things but please dont go hungry and eat less cos it dont help those with bigger bums like us plus I would say have all your syns daily too as we have a long road to go down so need to be able to have our snacks when we fancy to stop the picking xx

Thanks Karen. A couple of years ago I lost over 4st on weight watchers and started doing that a couple of weeks before I joined slimming world so this isn't technically my first week of dieting. I should know better than to think I was going to have lost loads on that basis alone but I'm due on in a few days (sorry for the tmi!) and have really upped my water the last two days so I'm hoping (fingers crossed!!) that next week will be better. I am definitely an emotional eater and in the past I would have thought sod it and eaten whatever I fancied after being disappointed but not tonight so that is progress already :)

Ok today's food diary

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix (HeB) with milk from HeA (250ml semi skimmed if anyone is interested lol) and a banana

Lunch - Pasta n sauce (made mostly with water and teeny bit of milk from earlier 250ml) prawns, carrots, broccoli and a mullerlight yoghurt for desert

Snack has been a rocky road hifi bar so only 3 syns used so far today but planning a cup of tea or two later and I've used my milk so will use a couple of syns for that and 4 syns for a packet of french fries so 9.5 syns today

Ooo the dreaded points lol I lost first few stone with ww too but love slim world this can be forever way of life for all the family x

First weigh in and I had a very underwhelming 1.5 loss. Trying to tell myself that if I get that every week it will all mount up but with a huge 18+ stone to lose I'm feeling a bit gutted.

On the plus side my class leader Jayne is going to read through all the food diaries from us first week weighers later and tell us what we did right and wrong x

Hi, a loss is a loss, well done. I know you would have liked more but stick with it and have faith. SW is more a healthy eating plan than diet so make sure you don't go hungry. Good luck for next week, keep that positive attitude. You can do this, everyone on here will be behind you, supporting you all the way. I am a relative newbie but minimins is brilliant and has really inspired me.

Thanks Lindsey. I have found it amazing just reading people's diaries and posts so I'm going to be glad I had a loss and take each day as it comes. I haven't gone hungry at all and love the flexibility of sw. I bought the new mag in class and have seen loads of recipes I want to try.

Here's to next week and even with small losses like that it adds up to over 5 st a year better than the alternative of gaining x

My class leader Jayne has said that my weekly food diary looks really good and she said the same as you did earlier that it's quite common for people to lose more in their second week. Good luck for your weigh you might get a loss! x

There you go it was a loss after all. They all add up x

Yesterday's EE day diary

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix (HeB) and milk from HeA

Snack - Banana, belgian chocolate hifi bar (6 syns) and a mullerlight

Lunch - Pasta n Sauce, carrots and broccoli

Dinner - Chinese Take Away 35 syns. (Have no idea what the syn value of chips from the chinese is so I've allowed syns for a large portion of chip shop chips even though I shared everything with my son. Better to overestimate how many I've eaten than under I thought)

41 syns in total

I've decided that I'm using syns for the sake of it most days so if I have a big syn total on one day for a take away or special occasion I won't struggle to have less syns the rest of the week. That's the plan anyway and hopefully it will work for me. Going to use my first few weeks of doing the sw plan to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. I'm kind of in the mind set that even small losses every week are so much better than STS or a gain. What is more important is that I keep following the plan so if I jiggle it to suit my life and the rest of the family it will be better long term than restricting myself and trying to change too much to get bigger losses each week and finding that I can't stick to it for more than a few months.

Will post today's food later on when Wales have beaten Ireland and Scotland have beaten England in the rugby :D x

Today's food

Breakfast - slice of wholemeal bread (heb),mushrooms, baked beans, 3x weight watchers sausages (1.5 syns) 2 x bacon all fat removed

Snack - banana and muller light yogurt

Lunch - packet of French fries (4 syns) rocky road hi fi bar (3 syns)

Dinner - sw chicken korma(0.5 syns) with onion, mixed peppers and boiled rice

HeA - 250ml semi skimmed milk

9 syns used today

Had a big breakfast again today so only had food again at teatime. Will have a snack later but not decided on a hifi bar or something savoury like french fries.

Breakfast - 3 x ww sausages (1.5 syns) 2x bacon (grilled and all fat removed) baked beans, 1 x slice wholemeal bread (HeB) scrambled egg made with milk from HeA and mushrooms.

Dinner - Chips made in the actifryer (3 syns for oil) Home made turkey burgers which are really lush and free because I use extra lean turkey breast mince, mixed peppers and leeks

4.5 syns so far but will end up being 8-9 with a snack later. Not going over 10 syns a day until WI so my total for the week stays under my 105.

Still trying to make sure I am drinking lots of water and nas squash because I don't normally drink enough. I know a lot of people, myself included mistake thirst for hunger and eat instead of having a drink so I am making a conscious effort to change that. Just one of many changes I've made and hoping it all helps when I get on the scales Thursday night x

Don't know what's up with me today I'm starving hungry even though I had weetabix for breakfast and a baked potato with spaghetti hoops for lunch. Been drinking lots and am resisting the urge to eat the wispa in the fridge. Think it's my pmt but on a positive note before I would have eaten whatever I wanted and felt bad afterwards x

Don't know what's up with me today I'm starving hungry even though I had weetabix for breakfast and a baked potato with spaghetti hoops for lunch. Been drinking lots and am resisting the urge to eat the wispa in the fridge. Think it's my pmt but on a positive note before I would have eaten whatever I wanted and felt bad afterwards x

We all have hungry days so don't sit there feeling starving. Just make sure you reach for free/superfree foods first and stop when you feel satisfied. Well done on not grabbing the wispa, but if thats what you really want and you have the syns left then dont worry about having it Xx

I'm trying not to eat because I'll be eating later when the mr comes in from work and I'm like you with free foods and try not to overdo them because even though they're free it still can't be good to have too many because they still have calories. Going to start cooking tea now which will distract me from the wispa calling my name lol x

Epic fail last night and gave into the Wispa. Was so determined not to but thought if I had a syn free day today I can get away with it and so far I've been on plan all day and no syns. There's hope for me yet :D

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix (heb) with milk from hea and a banana

Lunch - some packet ham, lettuce, beetroot, cherry tomatoes and grated carrot with a mullerlight and an apple for desert

Dinner - KFC style chicken and sw chips Couldn't fit any superfree into this cos I wasn't fancying it if I'm honest but I didn't have massive portions of the free foods and I had loads of super free at lunch.

First time I've done the sw chips and the KFC style chicken but they're both really nice. The other half wasn't keen on the chips because he likes them done in the actifryer but until he starts doing the cooking he can lump it lol The chicken was easy to do and can be prepped and put in the fridge to just chuck in the oven later on which is a bonus.

No syns today so I'm on target to not go over my 105 this week. Feeling pretty pleased with how much I'm sticking to the plan and apart from yesterday (weird wanting to eat everything in sight pmt day) I can honestly say I haven't gone hungry

doing great honey what day do you weigh in

Back