Clover's Green Day SW Diary :)

Clover did you know that there are Linda McCartney Rosemary & red onions sausages that are free?

How do I subscribe to this? Thanks

Yes I knew, thanks for the tip though! I'm visting my mum for a couple of weeks and she already had these in (we will buy the free ones next time :) ). U subscribe to diaries when u write in it for the first time or in the options section, there is an option to 'subscribe to this thread' :)

Hi!

Here to subscribe! Your quiche looks delicious!! I'm starting back officially tomorrow so I've been scouring the threads for ideas for meals (If I don't plan I will fail!)

Nice to get a diary in the early stages so I can make some forum friends!! :)

Thanks - Good Luck!!

I know that feeling! Its just my 4th day back, I last did SW in 2011!. Good luck for tomorrow and let me know if u Start a diary too so I can subscribe :D
Ps. The quiche was lovely! X

Hi Hun your diary looks brill, I thought stir fry noodles were free as long as you use the 1 cal spray? Have I got that wrong as I've not been counting as syns x

Hello :)
I'm not sure, I'm new to this myself, I was told that if the noodles aren't dry, they probably have a syn value. I bought a pack from Morrison's flavoured with soy and ginger, which was 1.5syn for half a pack on the syn calculator. I think it cos they add oils to keep them fresher. Dry carbs are free though. I used the low cal spray too, that's free.
Hope that helps! X

Day 4...Doneeeeeee!

Breakfast: 35g porridge (HEb) with milk (allowance from HEa). Some watermelon. Cup of tea

Lunch: syn free quiche, quorn scotch eggx2 (5syns) lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot and red cabbage, salad cream (1). French fries (4syns)
Blueberries

Snack: banana, vimto lolly (2)

Tea: pasta 'n' sauce tomato and herb flavour with diced courgette.
HiFi lite bar (HEb)

Water so far: 2.1L + tea + SF vimto

Syns: 12

Body magic.. I walked a total of 6 miles with my friend to the beach for some swimming and sunbathing! What a scorcher of a day. My friend lives in Dubai and is over to visit and even she was struggling in the heat! Knackered after that, a total of 2.5hours of walking and swimming.

A very good day! X

Last edited:
Hi Clover,

your day of swimming and walking sounds lovely, if hot and exhausting. Do you live within three hours walk of a beach.? I'd love to live near some open water where you can swim. There is a swimming pond far away on the other side of London that I used to go to .... ooh, about 25 years ago! I'm planning on another visit when my daughter comes to stay next month, I expect it will have changed a bit! Have a lovely weekend.

Your diary is looking good! You seem to know what you're doing :)

Clover, I'm not a vegetarian because I eat some fish and eggs....but I don't eat any meat or poultry or dairy. I have some problems with grains too because they affect my ears and the dairy gives me extremely sore eyes. So I try and avoid things that make me feel bad.
I used to eat meat (while living in Spain) but found that the chicken breasts were getting larger and larger and they were supposed to be farm reared... I decided I didn't want to eat meat anymore!

Hi Clover,

your day of swimming and walking sounds lovely, if hot and exhausting. Do you live within three hours walk of a beach.? I'd love to live near some open water where you can swim. There is a swimming pond far away on the other side of London that I used to go to .... ooh, about 25 years ago! I'm planning on another visit when my daughter comes to stay next month, I expect it will have changed a bit! Have a lovely weekend.

Aw visiting that will be nice after all that time! I live on the outskirts of London, so not much open water! But I come from Devon and am visiting my mum for a few weeks, the house I grew up in, which is just 55min walk to the beach, 3miles each way. I usually have my car but took the cheaper option of the coach, at least I'm doing more body magic! The walk back was all on a steady incline, my legs are feeling it today!

Your diary is looking good! You seem to know what you're doing :)

Thank you! Well, I'm still learning! Did SW a few years ago so I'm not a complete novice :) first time doing it as a veggie tho! X

Clover, I'm not a vegetarian because I eat some fish and eggs....but I don't eat any meat or poultry or dairy. I have some problems with grains too because they affect my ears and the dairy gives me extremely sore eyes. So I try and avoid things that make me feel bad.
I used to eat meat (while living in Spain) but found that the chicken breasts were getting larger and larger and they were supposed to be farm reared... I decided I didn't want to eat meat anymore!

Ah.. I know that feeling, I had to do an elimination diet to find what foods were aggregating me.. Turned out it was full fat dairy and white carbs (bread, Rice, pasta).

So I only eat whole meal stuff and fat free dairy. No meat or fish, but I eat eggs. I have so much more energy and my skin is better. If I eat those triggers, I get really grouchy and bloated. I'm a veggie for the animals though and I disagree with the fact all the grain we feed farm animals to feed ourselves which could be grown and shared to 3rd world countries.. Not to mention the greenhouse gases from animal waste and the cruelty of the livestock industry... Ooo getting abit deep now! Well just an insight to my food choices :)

Good evening Mini's!
Today was a good day but not so great on the SW side, I ate out twice (eeeeek) but was SW savvy where possible.

Day 5

Breakfast: 35g museli (HEb) and milk from allowance (HEa). Some watermelon and cup of tea.

Lunch: warm goats cheese (HEa), salad of lettuce, rocket, spinach, cucumber, red peppers, tomato's. Bread (counting as 5 syns cos it was a big chunk, no butter tho! And dressing on the side unused!)
Then an espresso with iced skimmed milk (remaining HEa allowance +2syns)

Tea: warm tomato and onion quiche (6), new boiled potatoes, butter (2) and salad. Coffee (milk 3syns)

Water intake: 2l plus 4teas and 2 coffees.

Total Syns: 18 :(

So, just been looking at old photos and decided I'm gonna post a photo to show how much weight iv lost in my face so far, the left picture is of me in march this year, and the other 2 are from this july so about 3 months difference. Didn't realize I had lost so much in my face but people keep telling me I have so I thought I'd compare them, I'm shocked and so happy. Spurred on for better results! :D

PS. First time I've posted my face!

So, it was WI tonight... Iv eaten out 7times AND its my time of the month so I was dreading it! I weigh in at 7.30pm and didn't get lunch til almost 4pm (and I was eating out!)
But I lost... Drum roll... 3.5lbs, very happy with that. Hoping for a brilliant week, without my period and without all the eating out!

Todays food, day 7.

Breakfast: 2xweetabix (HEb) and milk from allowance (HEa) blueberries and raspberries

Lunch: eating out again! Brie (counting as 10syns) and grape salad. Brown bread (4) coffee (rest of allowance plus 2)

Dinner: quorn fillet with cheese and leek (7.5) carrots, swede and baby potatoes.

Water: 1.5l not enough today!

Total syns: 23.5, eeek.

Onto a fresh week and a slimmer me :):)

PS. I bought 3 dresses, all a size 14! :D

Oh Clover what a fantastic result for you this week...3.5lbs down!! :wow:
And buying size 14 dresses....that does wonders for our confidence!! :bliss::bliss:

I'm so happy, if I can do that with eating out and totm, I can do a lot more! Not as much as eating out this week (I'm home visiting family and friends, catch ups always includes eating out doesn't it?!)

How are you getting on xx

Day 8

Breakfast
2xweetabix (HEbx1) and skimmed milk (part of HEa) 2 slices of honeydew melon mmmm

Lunch 1406634590228.jpg
2x Linda Mccartney rosemary and thyme sausages (free!) Salad and sunbite crisps (6syns) Mashed new baby potatoes with butter (3syns)

Tea: 2x poached eggs on toast (2syns for 1 slice brown ww bread). Blueberries and raspberries for dessert :)

Snack: 1x HiFi bar, 2coffees (second HEa) biscuit with coffee (2)

Water intake: 1500ml + tea+coffee
total syns: 13.
Flexisyn total: 13/105

Body magic today, 1hr and 15 mins swimming, probably about an hour swimming in total. Lots of lengths, lost count at 22laps. Fastest lap was 49sec doing 25m.

A good day. Tomorrow's aim: less syns and more water xxx

Last edited:
Back