completly syn free snacks.

It's not food abuse hun - SW confirmed it's fine as long as you're making up the couscous as directed, so eat guilt-free!

What's a couscous cake?

made sw kfc sttle chicken (breadcrumbs as b choice)- they were actually very tasty- didnt taste like kfc but the marinade is nice

Is this still valid?

I think so - the new books still state cous cous as free unless ground and used as a flour substitute, so as long as you're cooking the cous cous as stated on packet and only adding the other ingredients and cooking, I would say they are still free :)

I always have portion sized tubs of free vegetable soup in the freezer which only takes a few minutes zapped in the microwave - perfect warming snack if dinner is still an hour or two away and you can't wait :)

Other than that, my main syn free snacks are just leftovers - I always make more of a meal than I need so there's always enough for another meal and a snack sized portion for when I need it :) Other than that, I love eating ham roll ups - place gherkin spears, a bit of laughing cow light triangles (or other cheese! HexA) inside ham slices, roll and eat! Yum :)

Another favourite of mine lately has been cubes of cheddar (HexA) with some grapes - so nice, especially late in the evening with some good TV! Would go well with apple too :)

I've also made savoury versions of the couscous cake before, which are lovely. I just cook the couscous as stated on the packet (but with veg stock instead of plain water as it adds loads of flavour) and stir in an egg or two with some fried off mushrooms, onions, peppers (whatever you fancy!) and either use spinach leaves or ham slices as a kind of 'base' or 'cupcake case' in a muffin tin and fill with the couscous mix, baked until set and slightly golden on top :)

As a snack in the evenings me and the OH have the light laughing cow blue cheese with figs, apple and grapes from the fridge. Fabulous!

Also I make sure there is lean ham and crab sticks in the fridge to save me raiding the fridge and eating unmentionables lol :p

I always have portion sized tubs of free vegetable soup in the freezer which only takes a few minutes zapped in the microwave - perfect warming snack if dinner is still an hour or two away and you can't wait :)

Other than that, my main syn free snacks are just leftovers - I always make more of a meal than I need so there's always enough for another meal and a snack sized portion for when I need it :) Other than that, I love eating ham roll ups - place gherkin spears, a bit of laughing cow light triangles (or other cheese! HexA) inside ham slices, roll and eat! Yum :)

Another favourite of mine lately has been cubes of cheddar (HexA) with some grapes - so nice, especially late in the evening with some good TV! Would go well with apple too :)

I've also made savoury versions of the couscous cake before, which are lovely. I just cook the couscous as stated on the packet (but with veg stock instead of plain water as it adds loads of flavour) and stir in an egg or two with some fried off mushrooms, onions, peppers (whatever you fancy!) and either use spinach leaves or ham slices as a kind of 'base' or 'cupcake case' in a muffin tin and fill with the couscous mix, baked until set and slightly golden on top :)

Great idea! defenitely need to try this one!
Could anybody give the recipe for the sweet version too, please?

I have been hooked on pickled eggs recently, with cooked meat.

I never ever fancied pickled eggs (just the look of them in the chippie shop turned me off) until my neighbour who was with me at SW 1st time round introduced me to them and I am hooked too now.. they are so lovely and can be chopped up and added to salads etc. even smash... I tried to make my own but the vinegar and eggs went brown with the pickling spice and I couldnt face them. Friday I made some more but just added the white vinegar and some salt without the spices and hopefully they will be more successful...

Its much cheaper to make your own than buy them at about £1.30 for a jar of about 6 eggs.

I made Mushroom pate the other day and put it in 3 small dishes (3 days worth!) and we had it with Ryvitas or celery....Fried mushrooms/onions/ and a tin of cannellini beans... then I put lemon slices on top and left in fridge overnight... Really moreish and very light. yummy

Smoked ham and smoked salmon straight out of the pack :) and mugshots, the tomato & herb ones. And cucumber. Preferably all these combined on a plate xD

I am going to HAVE to give some of those a try!! At the moment I've just been snacking on fruit and muller light, but I need the next couple of days to be completely syn free (gone over my syns by quite a bit the past couple of days!)

Actually, I need to go shopping tomorrow at some point. This thread has given me some idea of what to buy!

There are some really yummy ideas here, thanks to everyone.. Its just what i needed :)

My favourite snacks are: mugshots, tins of tuna, boiled eggs, peppers chopped up and dipped into low low cheese spread (use as HExA), carrot sticks, cucumber sticks!

This is one of my favourite snacks, I have apple wedges with my HexA cheddar almost every day! :)

Back