Contemplating moving from SW to WW

Gosh, I'm quite surprised at this thread, it seems to be very much in favour of WW! I think they all work if you stick to them and it's important to find the diet that most closely matches what you'd eat given free reign. I don't find SW restrictive in the slightest and still eat all my favourite things, i just cook them differently, but I am a cooking from scratch girl all the way and always have been. I guess that makes a difference.
I love to cook and I have been cooking everything from scratch for the last 5 years. It was rarely dripping in grease and always had some veg on the plate, the problem was the amount I was eating. I don't know much about sw but from what I hear it doesn't put a great focus on portion control. WW is about pp per portion so I've been weighing everything that goes on the pan or the plate and its been a lesson learned that is going to stick with me.

Each to their own like they say, I can only speak for myself and imho when it comes to dieting and learning to eat healthily portion control is high on the list of things to get right. I've been eating pretty much the same food as I was before but weighing it out and I've lost 7lbs in two weeks so it works for me :)

I like to sometimes have convenience food and sometimes cook from scratch and find WW has much more variety for me and I choose much more wisely than I did on SW :)

I'm thinking of changing as I feel that the lack of portion control with sw is keeping me as I am ie overweight. I've been doing sw for the last 12 months plus and am now 2 lb heavier than when I started. I am a chocoholic and tend to be good mon - thurs then loose it and binge on chocolate through the weekends. I did ww only for a month about 7 years ago so it will be all new to me. A friend of mine goes to a class on a wednesday so I'm gonna go this week and see. I may be on here alot asking for ideas as it will ge new to me. I've got 4 stone to loose
Abby x

I'm signing up to ww on wednesday, this thread has made my mind up, i did ww years ago and found i was hungry so went over to sw, and like most i found the fact you can munch away on free foods my weight when down then up and i got fed up with eating even when i wasnt hungry. I was given a 12 week free pass to ww but only managed 2 weeks but lost 10lb (i'd got a new baby and it just wasnt the right time) but now i am 100% focused.

if you listen to what the "health experts" say....smaller portions and exercise is the only way :)

I'm suprised at this link too- it is very much in Ww favour and I didn't expect that!

I'm not a ww'er yay! It's hard trying to forget sw. But I'm on day two and so far so good.
I'm so much happier with portion sizes and I've been having cereal!!

I'm thinking of changing as I feel that the lack of portion control with sw is keeping me as I am ie overweight. I've been doing sw for the last 12 months plus and am now 2 lb heavier than when I started. I am a chocoholic and tend to be good mon - thurs then loose it and binge on chocolate through the weekends. I did ww only for a month about 7 years ago so it will be all new to me. A friend of mine goes to a class on a wednesday so I'm gonna go this week and see. I may be on here alot asking for ideas as it will ge new to me. I've got 4 stone to loose
Abby x

I would have found myself binging a lot as well. Thing is with WW you have the points to have a binge within the plan. I've just munched a big bag of minstrels, but I just used some of my weekly PP so it's ok!

Last edited:
My local sw meet had 10x the number of people but very few maintainers, a good half of my ww class are maintainers. That says more than anything really!

Portion control is CRUCIAL in any diet.

Besides all of that.. your body just isn't designed to process bucketloads of meat and carbs. I find myself eating smaller meals more regularly because my bowels just can't hack it!

This thread as definatly made my mind up I'm off to the land of ww Wednesday! Thankyou to everyone who has posted!!
Here's to the beginning of a new me
Abby x

Back