cost of food

I should complain! it made me feel awful, but I am the sort of person that is a bit of a pushover and tend to let things go :(

Thank you for the advice about beans and lentils, I did wonder about those lol I have a slow cooker that I haven't used in a while what with being on that god awful VLCD so looking at dusting it off :) I could make a decent size batch up for me and my partner, using tomato garlic onions mushrooms carrots etc, mouth is watering hehehe if I made something like that up would I avoid any other carbs like potato or pasta/rice? I ask that now as I have most of that here including the beans so I could make it today ready for dinner tomorrow? I normally like to add potato or pasta shapes in that mixture as it really absorbs the flavour and is super filling, but obviously if I need to avoid it then I won't add it :)
many thanks xx

What a nasty receptionist!!!

I just called the lady from my local slimming world group as I am really nervous, she was very nice, but won't be there for a few weeks as she is going on holiday but told me another lady called Angela will be there instead, she told me they will talk about EE but if I explain about not being a meat eater than she will explain the green plan to me which is fab :)
I then asked if it was a big group, I thought maybe 10 people, as I live in a small town, but she just told me there is normally about 50 in the group!!!! omg! I am really nervous now as I don't do well in big groups, but she told me its very friendly and not to worry, they are all very welcoming, I am so happy my sister is coming with me, I actually feel a bit sick and have butterflies :eek: but I NEED to do this and I will :D

I will probably post on here tomorrow saying how great it was hehe

oh I also explained about being on a vlcd as I am worried about gaining the first week but she told me not to worry and that I shouldn't gain as it is basically just healthy eating but if I do then don't get down because the next week it will come off :)

Excited and nervous! here is to a new me :cool: xx

Aw good luck im sure you will love it

Good luck! You have had a lot of excellent advice here so I won't add much. Soy mince is free on all plans, and is cheaper than quorn. You can rehydrate as much as you need at any one time.

Some great advice on here already. However if you can get to Iceland occasionally they are doing a really good deal at the moment. .1.5kgs of frozen chicken breasts for £5. As chicken is so versatile ..curries, stirfries etc (bulk it out with veg/lentils etc) and 1.5kg should do several meals for two people. Good luck for 1st meeting.

Hi,

Great advice here from everyone I've nothing else to add really apart from keep an eye out on special offers in papers etc and stock up on items ten when you can :)

Wishing you all the luck in the world, you sound so determined you know you can do this I was very nervous when I joined but after a few weeks I felt right at home and you make new friends too and everyone is there for the same reasons with help and tips etc :)

You are doing all the right things! Asking for advice, contacting the consultant, going for it even though you are a bit nervous. You'll be fine - you have exactly the right attitude! And don't let that receptionist put you off - maybe she was having a bad day but that is no excuse for being so unprofessional.

Hi guys :)

I went :D all by myself lol my sister couldn't go! I was terrified but omg what a fab group! real bunch of great people, I got loads of information and am over the moon! I cannot wait for next thursday :D

I have been to morrisons and stocked up on fruit, got some right bargains including a bag of pink lady apples for 99p! I really hope they count towards the fruit and not just regular golden delicious etc haha I also got Alpen light bars 2 packs for £3 they are 70 cals a bar, but also grabbed a box of Kellogg's Special K bars 5 hazelnut and almond bars for 99p half price :D they had loads of flavours but only grabbed the one box as I was unsure what ones we could have as I hadn't eaten anything all day because of going to my first group and not making a meal plan out for the week, but I will go through my book later and chose my meals and then go shopping again on saturday :D

I am feeling so positive, I should tell you I have agoraphobia so actually getting out and walking 10 minutes to my group alone is a huge achievement and I am so proud of myself, I have pushed myself today because I want this so bad! Sorry for rambling hehe

Thank you all again for your wonderful advice!
xxx

That's brilliant, Grollyzbird - well done!

You've got your weight but take your measurements too, just for your own records.

Thank you :) I have already got my measurements done and before pictures :D I am aiming to lose 3lb this week which I said in group haha and am going to work my bum off! I hope its doable because I know after doing my shake diet I will gain some water weight back and I am praying it doesn't reflect in my weightloss this coming thursday, I have got my snacks ready, got plans for dinner and am going to be doing exercise so keeping my fingers crossed :D

Excellent to hear.
Don't starve yourself before every group unless it's first thing in the morning! Low blood sugar can make it hard to deal with negative emotions if you ever get a weigh-in you're not happy with! :)

Well done on going to group - you have a brilliant attitude which will take you a long way!

Thanks everyone :D
I won't starve myself lol I didn't eat anything before as I was unsure what I could have, plus with being on the VLCD I had no proper food in the house :( but next week I will chop an apple up and stick it in a small tub then take it to eat in group after my weigh in haha
I just ate my dinner and I am stuffed beyond belief! I had pasta with chicken and made a nice tomato sauce with onions mushrooms garlic and herbs, with a bit of chilli, then added 20g of cheese as my Hexa, bloody yummy haha I have missed cooking and eating for to long :D
I have had an alpen bar, but will be having some fruit a bit later, yummy slice of honey dew melon! you really couldn't call this a diet! it is a lifestyle change! Day one and I am hooked!! xx :D

Drink loads of water, strangly it will help stop water retention and bloating. Along with being really good for you! Aim for atleast 2litres and tea/coffee/diet soft drinks are extra!!

wow! just read this post and what an inspiration you are grollyzbird! Well done on going to class sounds like you are really determined.

Have you thought about starting a diary on here? Somewhere to track your eats and people can give you tips aswell?

xxx

Back