cost of food

Thanks guys :)
I seem to feel really good right now, I don't know if its because I am feeling positive that I am finally doing something about my weight but in a healthy sensible way or what haha but I keep going out! Been to Morrison's again today, needed some more fruit and got some wholemeal rolls for the Bacon cheeseburgers I'll be making for dinner! OH can't wait lol burger and chips without a takeaway menu in sight! Gotta love it :D
I also bought quark and fat free natural fromage frais for the first time today! Going to make the fluffy chocolate mousses I found on slimming world website! Looks lush haha :D wish me luck xx

Oh I forgot to add that I went with my sister, we walked there together but she got a taxi home and I walked home!! All by myself again!! Feeling epic! :D :D xx

I'm about £60 a week for shopping for myself and fly partner, he just eats what I eat. I buy mostly Tesco brand products. We choose 7 meals for the week and we only buy what we need for those meals plus breakfasts and lunches. Doing this has saved us a lot of money!

I'm about £60 a week for shopping for myself and fly partner, he just eats what I eat. I buy mostly Tesco brand products. We choose 7 meals for the week and we only buy what we need for those meals plus breakfasts and lunches. Doing this has saved us a lot of money!

It takes willpower but its the best and cheapest way planning your meals is a must and not having snacks in really helps..you are so lucky to have a supportive Oh mine sits there eating choc all night!!!

Well me being a bit dim didn't take into account the £30 a week we were spending on takeaway :eek: absolutely horrified, its something that was normal and so its almost like it was counted as a bill!!

So now I have £90 a week to play with for food which is more than enough! :D hence all the fruit I have been eating haha I am so happy it is unreal, it is such simple things to change, I had already done some, like switching sugar to sweeteners, I truly truly love slimming world! I cannot wait for thursday to go to group, I will go every week and will keep a food diary of it all which I am about to start typing out after I have finished writing it, I hope you guys will be kind enough to pop on to see how I am doing and offer me any advice and offer corrections if I have labelled a syn wrong etc :D

Thank you guys for being so supportive! big hugs and kisses to the new us! xx
:thankyou: :grouphugg:

do any of you know what a good thing is to make breadcrumbs that aren't to bad/unhealthy? I want to make fish and chips soon but my partner wants it in bread crumbs, I read something somewhere about bran something or another, sorry I honestly cant remember what it is haha x

omg super happy, I got a tassimo coffee machine for christmas and it has been sat there gathering dust whilst being on the TFR, but I have just checked on slimming world and my fave costa cappuccino are 3 syns! I always have enough syns left over so now my evening treat is not only my Alpen light bar but also a yummy costa cappuccino! :D I can't even tell you how happy I am hahaha xx

What is uour diary called love? I want to subscribe!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I loved reading this thread too. You've really inspired me. I have yo-yo'd for nearly ten years, more so in the last two years having been my heaviest, then my lightest for seven years and now back up to my heaviest in a space of two years!! This Thursday I am signing up to SW for the fourth time and this time I know I get down to a sensible weight before it becomes a real struggle. I can't wait to read your diary now :D

You can do it again chublock :D you've done it before :) so happy I have inspired you! Here is to a fitter healthier you hun! We've got this ;) hope you enjoy my diary xx

Hey what day is your weigh-in? Can't wait to see how you do. Hope today went well xx

Its on Thursday hun, I think I will either stay the same or lose 1lb because my weight seems to not want to go down lol but I honestly think its to do with the TFR, so not fussed this week lol will keep you posted though :D xx

Hi Gwella :)

I called my Dr's a few minutes ago and the receptionist was really snotty with me! :( telling me they don't offer that anymore, and she is sure £5 a week won't break my bank as I get enough to live on in benefits! I put the phone down on her, was horrified!! I guess she is having a bad day, they are normally lovely. :sigh:

I am committed :) I need to do this, plus I want to get married next year, we are thinking September, so got 14 months to get from 17st to about 9st, is that doable on sw? I hope it is lol

I am not a lover of berries, so will avoid the frozen kind, I won't bother with fresh strawberries as they can be expensive, but I am happy with an apple or banana a day, both are normally available at a decent price, I love veg just not mixed veg, not sure why lol, I don't mind frozen broccoli or sprouts, so normally have those in anyway, carrots are super cheap and I love those fresh, so will be great to snack on carrot sticks and cucumber, I love yoghurt, so will ask what cheaper alternatives I can have, but stock up on mullerlights once they are on offer.

Thanks for your advice hun, and I know I won't complain about money when it comes to buying a new wardrobe ;) hehe thats the whole point of us losing weight :p xx

Oh my god, how dare the receptionist, jumped up cow....I would send a letter of complaint, she would deserve it.

I like the last bit spending money on the clothes...oh yes :)

Oh my god, how dare the receptionist, jumped up cow....I would send a letter of complaint, she would deserve it.

I like the last bit spending money on the clothes...oh yes :)

They are normally lovely up there so was just a bit shocked :)I am passed it now hun, sod them lol I will do it on my own :D
I have already bought some clothes haha some skinny jeans and a really cute vest top with a kitten in glasses :D
xxx

Back