D*mn it, I ~DID~ fit in my dress!!!!! :o) I'm now married!! Report & pics included!

Thanks guys for all your kind words, it's appreciated!!

I know I probably shouldn't weigh myself every day but it works for me and helps keep me motivated - I cheated if I didn't before.. But I haven't lost a single thing now for 3 days - not even 0.1 of a pound!! I've seen 11st 13.8lb EVERY MORNING

oops sorry, posted early!!

But I know it does work so I'll keep going...

Had a good day yesterday, I'm in my church choir and it is the choirmasters 50th birthday today so we all went out for a drink afterwards, there was a cake and everyone was being given huge slices - I asked for the tiniest sliver and then only had one small bite of that...

I upped my water yesterday to 4.5l (from 3.5l) so hopefully that will help the weight start coming off!!!

Thanks Nic, off to look at your pics now!!

Sorry, I thought I'd posted a diary entry last night!

Yesterday I was a bit mixed, was starting to find it a bit hard going with the numbers on the scales not having moved for 3 days! However I then looked through some old photos on the computer and remembered how, at the time, I hated them thinking I was fat - I was only a size 12.. Now I'm a 14-16.. That strengthened my resolve again entirely as I still have 10 weeks to stop me looking huge in our wedding photos!!! The rest of the day was much easier and I sat there glugging the water!! I'm really beginning to learn that, even though before I used to drink 2-3l of water a day, I mistook thirst for hunger!!

Oh - and this morning.. The scales had come down by another pound!! :bliss:

I also had 16 inches cut off my hair yesterday!!!! I have decided to wear it up - it was down to my waist and too long to have a hair up.. I was going to get it cut to my shoulders as soon as we got married anyway - I seem to grow it long, have it long for a few months, get bored with all the extra hassle and then cut it to my shoulders.. Keep it short for a few months and then start growing it again!!! I've been wanting to cut it for the last 6-8 months but haven't because I thought I was wearing it half up/half down.. When I tried on my dress one day with my hair up though it looked so much better! So spent 6 weeks thinking about it and finally went for the chop yesterday!! And I love it! I've got my "shampoo ad perfect" curls back!! Plus I'll be able to wear it down which, when it's that long, you just can't do very easily as it just turned to frizz!

Today going well, went to church this morning, we had a visiting preacher and she did a really interesting sermon on a pencil maker.. Very cute and got a very good point across!!

Had a shake for brekkie (chocolate, made with milk..) and, as it's such lovely weather, we've just had a BBQ! I had some tuna and some steak and salad!! Was nice to be able to get back into alfresco eating, we love that in the summer!!

Hope everyone else having a good day!

End of week 2, looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow - if I dont lose any more then I've still lost 3lb this week!!

We had our civic service in my town today which the choir sang at.. Was out in the town square and we were in full sun, was really hot in all my choir robes!!!! Gave me an idea as to what on earth it might be like in a really heave wedding dress!!!! But I was so proud of myself, we all went to the town hall afterwards, there was tea/coffee/orange juice/apple juice/water (I had water) and (being devon) cream tea... (scones with clotted cream and jam). We were sat round tables for 8 and people kept going back and getting more and more and more scones and putting them in the middle of the table, I didn't have ONE!!!! NOT ONE!!!!!!!! And it was really easy to ignore them!!!

H2b is being really sweet, we walked the dog when I got back from church and he said he's really proud of me as I'm sticking to it so well, he can see I'm losing weight and he's happy it's working!!

Yay! Now just got to have another 300mls or so of water and then I'm all done for the day - and wait for the weigh in to update my ticker in the morning!!

Good luck for weigh in today - I will take a look later to see the results:D

P.S. your wedding dress sounds beautiful and I love the idea of the sunflowers:p

I've lost 3lb this week!!!!!!!!! So that takes me up to 11lb!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! And the "you're losing weight" comments are starting to roll in ALREADY!!!!!!!

Hi Helen!
Good going Gal!
Let me know how the next fitting goes!

Pix x

Hiya Pix!!

Yeah, debbie(cakes) is coming down on tomorrow for a few days and I'm going for my next fitting on friday, looking forward to seeing what she thinks of it and whether it's come in more, I hope so!!

Yesterday was really tough on my knee, I had another study day so I wasn't moving as much, was very sore by the time I got home... Went to the pub in the evening and had a good catch up with everyone there!

I managed to go swimming this morning for the first time since I hurt my knee - wow, it was more tough than I expected!!!! I usually swim 64-70 lengths each time (64 lengths is one mile incase you were wondering why I went for such a random number!) and today I really struggled to do 30.. But, I'm happy that I was able to go and, now I've rested for a couple of hours, my knee isn't as painful as it was when I got home - so hopefully next time will be easier!!

Next few days are going to be tough, I have a friend coming to stay, she's getting married 3 weeks after me and it's been lovely having someone to share wedding planning with! We are off for my next dress fitting on friday which I'm really excited about! Only thing is, she's bringing her daughter with her.. Now, if it was just her I would have no problem doing the diet while she's down (neither would my friend) - but I dont really want to do it infront of a 7 year old child.. Tomorrow wont be too much of a problem, I can have a shake and boiled egg for breakfast, shake for lunch and meal for tea (which is my usual 2 shakes, boiled egg and a meal), it's friday which might be tough.. I'll have a shake before she comes downstairs I think and then have a boiled egg with everyone else (once we've all been on a mission to collect eggs, she's so excited - she's never stayed with anyone who has chickens!!!!). But then the rest of the day? We'll probably go for a short wander onto dartmoor and take a picnic (so could take some chicken and salad for my friend and I, sarnies for everyone else) and in the evening we were going to do a bbq if the weather's good - again maybe have steak and salad I guess... They're going back on the saturday morning so will just do the same thing sat breakfast...

Is one chicken salad instead of a shake going to do me too much harm?

Our friends have just gone back - it's been a really lovely couple of days!!! We've eaten really well, the evening they arrived we had chicken and salad (which was my meal), yesterday I had a shake for brekkie (and a boiled egg as usual), chicken and bacon salad for lunch at the pub and then we had a bbq in the evening - I had steak, salad and a couple of new potatoes.. I also had a salmon kebab too which was really nice!!

I did have a pudding each night though - one meringue nest with a little creme fraiche (?sp!!) and some fruit..

But - the lovely point of the days - I went to try my dress on again!!!! It's come in so much!!!!!! I've got about an inch to go to make it fit - so half a stone should do that, I would then need to lose another half a stone to make it look nice (and, in an ideal but not essential world, another half a stone on that would make it look amazing!!).. So between a stone and a stone and a half in 9 weeks - that's do-able!!! The woman in the bridal shop was so impressed by how much it had come in by, a little shocked actually!!

So, full of motivation, I'm back on with the plan again.. I've actually really missed doing it over the last couple of days and am really looking forward to it again! I know I didn't deviate from it much (only with the puddings and having to have an extra meal because of not drinking a shake infront of a child) and am pleased with that, a year ago having friends down would have meant a feast of unhealthy food!!!

Next trying my dress on again on the 17th May - fingers crossed it's come in a bit more!!!

Oh - and I'm now feeling brave enough to post photos of my dress but I'm only going to leave them up here for a short while so will edit the post to take out the link again!!

Public Album

xx

Wow the difference is great you will be in that gorgeous dress ...........the dress is gorgeous.

Thank you Sonkie - I can really start to see it now!! Even the photos from the front look really different too!!

Thank you soulsister!! 9 weeks to go today, we're both so so looking forward to it!! Hoping there's a good difference in the pics next time too - god, I am going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good between now and then, I ~LOVED~ the difference it had made in the last two weeks - would be amazing if there is a good result again next time! I'd only (and I say "only"!!!!!) lost 6lb from the last fitting to this - so it's come in by an awful lot for 6lb!!!

*reaches out for her bottle of water* Keeping drinking!!!!

Ooooo you are near Plymouth where abouts...? We are having a Plymouth meet up in August if you are up for it.

Yeah, I'd be up for that!! I live in a village inbetween tavi and princetown!

PM me the details of the meet - and I'll see what I can do!!

Thank you Irene!! I'm just hoping the difference over the next 6 weeks is as unbelieveable!!!!

Thanks Sonja!! The link being in here is really handy actually, means I'll know where to find it!! I need to see when I'm working - I'm having all of July off with the wedding so I'm not going to really be able to nrequest days off in August - will let you know as soon as we get our shifts out!!

Hiya Pix!! Yeah, going good thanks!!!! Had a really good day and I've not found it as hard getting back on track as I expected - I think my dress coming in so much really helped with the keeping me focussed thing!!

Back