Step 1 Sole Source Day 1 again, 6st off but 6st on !

Well here I am day 8 already and still 100% SS

I will not waver until my 1st " break " in 39 days, not that I'm counting lol :)

Feeling great this morning, up early, bit housework, slow cooker chilli for hubby later, Asda delivery here and away, nice shower and now just about to get ready for work.

Each day is better than the last as I know whilst in Ketosis I'm using the "FAT" stored and it's going, each day bit by bit I'm getting a teeny bit closer to my goals and aims.

I want to be out doing things and keeping moving but my next day off is next Tue so not a great deal of spare time and I'm busy in the morning ( boots points event b4 work lol ) Looks like my next walk will be Sunday which isn't ideal but then I shall do another on a Tue.

11lb off this week so I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 at my next weigh in which would be fab :)
I'm spending every waking hour thinking about being slim and not even thinking about food.
If someone offered me a free meal at the best restaurant in town I would still turn it down. I know where I want to be and only I can stop myself and that isn't going to happen.

Working a mid / late shift so shall catch up either later or in the morning.
Have a good day everyone :)

Remember
The more you drink the more you shrink !

Wahey, day 8 already! Well done, Angel! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fingers crossed I can crack the maintenance this time :-( you are so right about some people falling face 1st into cake and not wanting the truth and although it frustrates me at times I to have fallen off the wagon on previous attempts so I can relate to how easy it is if your not fully in " THE ZONE " Thank god I'm back as strong as I was Feb last year as I know when I'm like this that I can and will do it again, size 12 river island jeans hanging on the back of my bedroom door to keep me going. I can't imagine ever being a 8 to 10 but then again I can't imagine being a 12 even though I know I will be not long after the new year. Please keep coming by as I will pick your brains later for maintenance. well done again x x x

Oh Greta and Angel,I so need the stern talking to and not the flowery "don't worry dear,it was only a Chinese/cake binge"...what's the point in doing any diet if you're setting yourself up for a fall and then expecting sympathy?Don't get me wrong I know how difficult this is,I've given into temptation many times but it's my own fault,I don't expect sympathy,I need a kick up the booty....and Greta you're replies sometimes crack me up,love your honest to goodness approach:)

As far as I remember Angel you work around food ( me too) and that's a pain when you're trying not to think about food at all but you have proven it can be done so keep going,those River Island jeans are only a few months away!

Greta my goal is the magical 10st number...I'm only 5ft 3 so it's the top end for my BMI.I never got there with Cambridge,got to 10 st 4 ( I think) and thought I had it cracked-I felt great,was wearing size 10 jeans so I'd be happy getting there again but probably a little lower to allow for fluctuation!Its only a mere 2 stones away FFS...9 or 10 weeks out of my life....giving myself a pep talk here!!!!

Hi Angel, thought I would catch up on everyone who's been supporting me. I now see what you meant! 11lbs!!! Well done! It's so motivating. I'm impressed by how much walking you do. Wow! I'm gonna go catch up on the others now, keep up the good work! I love your excitement. I hope we can maintain this excitement till the end. X

Lainey - that's easy pips if it's only a couple if stone. I lost exactly that amount in 7 weeks on CD. I went from 12 st 4 to 10 st 4 and then lost another stone calorie counting. If you're sole sourcing you could be there - just - at Christmas. Good thought eh?

Ah yeah I'm often told how much I upset people on here with my advice which amazes me as I actually tone it down : ) I'm actually not how I come across but it never ceases to amaze me how people justify STS and weight gains week in week out. There's no bigger liar than a dieter ( so the saying goes ) and I'm guilty of it myself. I struggled - and still do - with maintenance for months. I suppose I prefer proper advice a opposed to ' hugs hun ' but I've realised that this isn't what a lot of people consider support so I generally just STFU unless I feel like chipping in : )

Another good day today Angel? Sounds like you're motoring now

Lainey - that's easy pips if it's only a couple if stone. I lost exactly that amount in 7 weeks on CD. I went from 12 st 4 to 10 st 4 and then lost another stone calorie counting. If you're sole sourcing you could be there - just - at Christmas. Good thought eh?

Ah yeah I'm often told how much I upset people on here with my advice which amazes me as I actually tone it down : ) I'm actually not how I come across but it never ceases to amaze me how people justify STS and weight gains week in week out. There's no bigger liar than a dieter ( so the saying goes ) and I'm guilty of it myself. I struggled - and still do - with maintenance for months. I suppose I prefer proper advice a opposed to ' hugs hun ' but I've realised that this isn't what a lot of people consider support so I generally just STFU unless I feel like chipping in : )

Sorry to but in but that last paragraph certainly hit the mark!
I see people cheating continiously and people just writing *hugs* and "well life is there for living".. You won't get to goal with that attitude.
So i'm glad theres another someone like me! Haha..

Evening all, just in from work and another day 100% SS. I've still not told a many but someone at work today said my face looked slimmer :) :) :)

Will catch up as soon as I can but may not get a chance tonight and a bust day tomorrow, Xmas shopping in the morning before work.

I'm not ignoring any posts just full of busy x x x

Oh Greta and Angel,I so need the stern talking to and not the flowery "don't worry dear,it was only a Chinese/cake binge"...what's the point in doing any diet if you're setting yourself up for a fall and then expecting sympathy?Don't get me wrong I know how difficult this is,I've given into temptation many times but it's my own fault,I don't expect sympathy,I need a kick up the booty....and Greta you're replies sometimes crack me up,love your honest to goodness approach:)

As far as I remember Angel you work around food ( me too) and that's a pain when you're trying not to think about food at all but you have proven it can be done so keep going,those River Island jeans are only a few months away!

Greta my goal is the magical 10st number...I'm only 5ft 3 so it's the top end for my BMI.I never got there with Cambridge,got to 10 st 4 ( I think) and thought I had it cracked-I felt great,was wearing size 10 jeans so I'd be happy getting there again but probably a little lower to allow for fluctuation!Its only a mere 2 stones away FFS...9 or 10 weeks out of my life....giving myself a pep talk here!!!!

I do indeed work around and have to cook / prepare food for 1st class ( I work for a national train company ) I love my job and when I'm like this I look at the food in a very critical way instead of lusting after it I think of all the trans fats and kcal lol. I compare everything to a shake and count a shake as a meal. . . . . .
1st class biscuit or a " meal " meal = well balanced and all I need for the day, Biscuit = fat fat FAT .
That way I'm not tempted in the slightest and I know by not cheating them river island jeans will fit again in no time :)

Hi Angel, thought I would catch up on everyone who's been supporting me. I now see what you meant! 11lbs!!! Well done! It's so motivating. I'm impressed by how much walking you do. Wow! I'm gonna go catch up on the others now, keep up the good work! I love your excitement. I hope we can maintain this excitement till the end. X

The excitement only gets bigger as we get smaller, each dress size is a complete thrill and joy. Last time I dropped a dress size with each stone and literally couldn't keep up with clothes being too big a couple of weeks after buying them :) Your doing fab x x x

Another great day thanks, lots more energy than usual so I'm flipping buzzing ( that sounds so chav but not sure how better to put it lol )

I tend to think of the people who cheat is.........................

The only person your cheating is yourself and some want the results without the effort. I'm like you and prefer the more direct approach so I hope your here in 39 days when I have my 1st break to kick me up the ass and make sure I get straight back on track lol x x x

Oh I'm usually around lurking : )

How long is the break for? The most important thing I've learnt about maintenance is that I no longer think in terms of 'days off plan' or ' weeks off ' etc. So, for example, I might have a night out planned at a restaurant and my old mindset would be ... ' oh god, you're out tonight and its pizza! Then you'll have a dessert . Maybe a glass of wine. Argh there is zero point in sticking to my healthy eating today '

Now I think ' a meal out will be nice! Ill eat what I fancy , not gorge my face, not go overboard ... ' and THIS is the crucial bit ... I eat normally before the meal. So I have my usual natural yogurt fruit and porridge for breakfast, and my usual lunch, then I go and have my nice meal ... And that's it. Only food innit?

I apply the same mindset to holidays. I went away for a week in June to Spain. I deliberately didn't allow myself to think of this as a 'week off ' ... I ate three meals a day as usual, I didn't snack, bar the odd ice lolly. I ate a dessert every night after dinner but didn't go in a weeklong binge. I came back weighing 1 and a half lbs heavier. The old me would have ' taken the week off ' and stuffed - and come back 10 lbs heavier

Not sure if this makes sense? It does in my head! And it's a really crucial thing for weight loss and maintenance - just wish I cold explaining better! Anyway - try and give it some thought : )

Oh I'm usually around lurking : )

How long is the break for? The most important thing I've learnt about maintenance is that I no longer think in terms of 'days off plan' or ' weeks off ' etc. So, for example, I might have a night out planned at a restaurant and my old mindset would be ... ' oh god, you're out tonight and its pizza! Then you'll have a dessert . Maybe a glass of wine. Argh there is zero point in sticking to my healthy eating today '

Now I think ' a meal out will be nice! Ill eat what I fancy , not gorge my face, not go overboard ... ' and THIS is the crucial bit ... I eat normally before the meal. So I have my usual natural yogurt fruit and porridge for breakfast, and my usual lunch, then I go and have my nice meal ... And that's it. Only food innit?

I apply the same mindset to holidays. I went away for a week in June to Spain. I deliberately didn't allow myself to think of this as a 'week off ' ... I ate three meals a day as usual, I didn't snack, bar the odd ice lolly. I ate a dessert every night after dinner but didn't go in a weeklong binge. I came back weighing 1 and a half lbs heavier. The old me would have ' taken the week off ' and stuffed - and come back 10 lbs heavier

Not sure if this makes sense? It does in my head! And it's a really crucial thing for weight loss and maintenance - just wish I cold explaining better! Anyway - try and give it some thought : )

Everything you have said does fully make sense.
After our honeymoon 3 weeks off plan I was around 21 lb heavier yes 1.5 stone on in 3 weeks and the worst bit is I didn't think I had been that naughty :-(

Dec is manic for me,

7 Dec = 2 nights in Glasgow visiting friends with my hubby

10 Dec = 2 day trip to Amsterdam, annual girlie trip with my best friend

14 Dec = 2 nights in Edinburgh with hubby and a couple of good friends for a birthday

21 Dec = 1 day works afternoon / evening

I'm quite prepared in the fact I've looked at places we will be eating and know which choices will be best ( is it sad i have printed of the menus lol )
All of the trips are booked and paid for and TBH I wouldn't want to canx any of them as I know I'm in the zone enough to be careful.

I'm not going make a song and dance about it and set my interim goal with these trips already booked so will up my walking and exercise as well.

I just get these out of the way then go to the Dominican in Jan, the thing is with the Dominican there are copious healthy options available which I fully intend to choose.

I did manage last year to have weekends away and still lost every week, it's just Sod's law all of these are close together.

Thank god for this place to keep me on track x x x

You'll be fine. You know what to do and how to reign it in. No excuses Mrs: you'll be doing sit ups and walking all over Scotland and Amsterdam in direct proportion to whatever you put in your mouth (and I do mean Whatever) so I know you'll be careful lol oh yes, we'll be watching! Did we not tell you? You're our guinea pig to see how well we can survive Christmas dinner ;)

Seriously though, Greta: I'll be utilising the 'plan ahead' approach you and Angel suggest for December 25th - and for me it can only be the 25th. Ho hum. I'm pinching ideas all over the place on here :)

I know you had a fabulous 100% day lovely, see you in the Common Room tomorrow night (the "Honk if you were 100% today" thread) :D xx

You'll be fine. You know what to do and how to reign it in. No excuses Mrs: you'll be doing sit ups and walking all over Scotland and Amsterdam in direct proportion to whatever you put in your mouth (and I do mean Whatever) so I know you'll be careful lol oh yes, we'll be watching! Did we not tell you? You're our guinea pig to see how well we can survive Christmas dinner ;)

Seriously though, Greta: I'll be utilising the 'plan ahead' approach you and Angel suggest for December 25th - and for me it can only be the 25th. Ho hum. I'm pinching ideas all over the place on here :)

I know you had a fabulous 100% day lovely, see you in the Common Room tomorrow night (the "Honk if you were 100% today" thread) :D xx

I will indeed be walking my little legs off :) that's a PROMISE !

Off to bed in a bit so see you tomorrow lol x x x

Wowza its day 10 already :)

Not sure where the time has gone but it's flown by.

Just doing braised steak n veg for hubby and
" kids " in the slow cooker then off shopping before work so s busy busy day today. Should be home around 2330 so will miss minimims today unless I get a bit free time at work.

Hope everyone is still doing great.
This time last year I was a lot lighter and I'm just so pleased I'm now back as god knows what I would be like by next year if I hadn't taken control back.

We deserve to look and feel great don't we !
We deserve to be able to walk into ANY shop and be able to buy clothes we like rather than just because they fit !
You know what ? WE can do this ! ! !
We all know by sticking to plan the weight will drop of and at a pretty damn fast rate so here's to another 100% day, this is a treat to ourselves as by doing this we WILL not only be so much healthier but also so much happier x x x

it is flying past just now isn t it?

it was one of my new year goals last year to be slimmer at the next new year, didn t think it was going to happen just goes to show.

here to another 100%
jx

Wowza its day 10 already :)

Not sure where the time has gone but it's flown by.

Just doing braised steak n veg for hubby and
" kids " in the slow cooker then off shopping before work so s busy busy day today. Should be home around 2330 so will miss minimims today unless I get a bit free time at work.

Hope everyone is still doing great.
This time last year I was a lot lighter and I'm just so pleased I'm now back as god knows what I would be like by next year if I hadn't taken control back.

We deserve to look and feel great don't we !
We deserve to be able to walk into ANY shop and be able to buy clothes we like rather than just because they fit !
You know what ? WE can do this ! ! !
We all know by sticking to plan the weight will drop of and at a pretty damn fast rate so here's to another 100% day, this is a treat to ourselves as by doing this we WILL not only be so much healthier but also so much happier x x x

Wow. That was really inspirational - you're right this is a treat and a love letter to ourselves. We really can do this :)

So you're in double digit days? Feels great doesn't it? Enjoy your shopping luv and we'll catch up at the end of hey another successful 100% SS day ::

I do indeed work around and have to cook / prepare food for 1st class ( I work for a national train company ) I love my job and when I'm like this I look at the food in a very critical way instead of lusting after it I think of all the trans fats and kcal lol. I compare everything to a shake and count a shake as a meal. . . . . .
1st class biscuit or a " meal " meal = well balanced and all I need for the day, Biscuit = fat fat FAT .
That way I'm not tempted in the slightest and I know by not cheating them river island jeans will fit again in no time :)

Good woman Angel- that's the spirit, just keep thinking River Island, River Island, River Island....... I try to imagine that the scones I so dearly love taste like raw liver.,uugghhhh and try to remember that those lovely fattening foods will always be around, even when I reach my goal- if I want them badly enough I can have one then- I would much prefer to be skinny first though.
I can't believe it's day 10 already for you...the days are flying by......
And if Greta isn't here after your 1st break to virtually kick your butt, I certainly will:p only if you promise to do the same for me... I haven't been good at keeping my diary must update it now....

Back