Day 1 - Tips on weighing and recording?

I never really did more than one week when I joined the class. My heart just wasn't in it. But head seems in a better place this time so determined to stick to it and lose weight once and for all. My kids are now 9 and 11 - my baby weight excuse is wearing thin!!

How did you get on? I just weighed and have lost 5lbs :D :D :D :D

Fantastic!!!! Huge well done. I was stunned to see I had lost 4lbs as really have not been hungry at all

Yeay!!!!! Well done you. That's what I love about SW. You eat till your full, never need to be hungry. I was going to go home from work tonight and 'treat' myself to something chocolcatey or a takeaway. But seeing the 5lbs loss has totally motivated me, not wasting that on something rubbish.

It's my brother's 40th birthday party tomorrow night, so there will be lots of alcohol and buffet food on the go. Will have that as my treat night instead...hopefully a bit of body magic dancing will cancel out the extra syns lol xx

Hey Maw Broon (love the name!), you'll get there - just keep focussed on the mini-goals and remember to reward yourself with fun, non-food things when you meet them! I'm 17st 3lbs just now and my goal weight seems MILES away, but I'm trying to keep my eye on the little prizes too.

I'm in Scotland, too - in West Dunbartonshire. All the best with your slimming journey (and don't worry, we'll all worry about the maintaining when we get to target :p)

Hey all the Scots!

This forum is great. It's like having a room full of your own personal trainers/life coaches! Enjoy the 40th Loulou and some treats. I am having a dry January so that should be helping weight loss. We now have clients of my partner's coming on Sat night to stay. He is a photographer and shot their wedding in France and now they are flying in for the weekend.to view their photos (money no object for them!)

Trying to fathom what to make them - not sure SW mushy pea curry will really cut the mustard!

Ariescat, you are doing the absolute right thing with smaller goals. Even a lb off a month is nearly a stone in a year so more brings the goal closer quicker.

lol, I think you might be right about the curry. What about chicken tikka skewers with boiled rice served with brocoli and green beans? x

Trying to remember what we ate at their wedding to recall their tastes in food!

It can be a nightmare cooking for people and still trying to be SW friendly. My OH does all the cooking in our house, but he is normally really good at asking 'can you have...' before throwing it in. I made a delicious pot of chicken and rice soup yesterday. Had it for lunch yesterday and lunch & dinner today. Got leftover spag bol too, but am full from the soup. xx

How lovely to be cooked for! My OH can put a pizza in the oven and bake a potato!!

lol, Allan thinks he's a bit of a Jamie Oliver/Gordon Ramsay/insert any other TV chef name ;)

I don't mind though...although he's always messing about with my food whenever it's my turn to cook. x

My brother is like that - Christmas dinner at his this year was amazing!

I tend to cook at the weekend in bulk, fill freezer tubs and then if I will be back late from work, the kids will be fed well! He has had a bit of a new year's resolution to cook more and has made a loaf of bread and a ginger cake. Both from packet mixes and both no use to me on SW!!

controversial I know, but I weigh myself every morning at the same time - the reason - in the past when i've done a weekly weigh-in I've been devastated if i've stuck rigidly to a plan and either not lost ,or worse, gained a 1Lb, this way I can daily monitor and track my progress.

Also, whilst i've got an overall weight goal, my issue is sticking to a plan over a period of time. Its logical that if i stick to a plan I'll lose weight, but the challenge is sticking to it for a decent length of time.

My goal is to do 3 months with the first goal of 1 month; I then break that into mini-goals of half months - i've cracked 60% of first goal already!!!

There is definitely a trend in people breaking things into smaller goals - whether weight loss or time on plan. Good psychology!

Back