Day 5 first time on lipotrim

Thanks!! :) Yeh that's all that's kept me going through the hard moments is thinking of those numbers and drinking lots of water all day especially if I get hunger pangs! It'll go by quickly if you're busy and it should get easier after week 1... I hope! ;)
I'm not sure it's recommended but I couldn't resist weighing myself every morning (I'm impatient like that!) and seeing the change progress spurred me on. Don't be worried if the numbers don't budge or go back up a bit because it's followed by a bigger loss a day or so after. Just keep at it! It's pretty much guaranteed that you'll lose a lot of weight on this programme! You just need to keep swimming :)

I started on Friday

Well done on everyones determination. I started on Saturday and have a weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm really nervous incase i have a small weightloss. Sarah, the way you add more fluid to the shakes seems to be working a treat. I'm resting food on sar as its my birthday weekend and would like to enjoy my food. I will restart again on Monday. Abt suggestions? X

Thanks!! :) Yeh that's all that's kept me going through the hard moments is thinking of those numbers and drinking lots of water all day especially if I get hunger pangs! It'll go by quickly if you're busy and it should get easier after week 1... I hope! ;)
I'm not sure it's recommended but I couldn't resist weighing myself every morning (I'm impatient like that!) and seeing the change progress spurred me on. Don't be worried if the numbers don't budge or go back up a bit because it's followed by a bigger loss a day or so after. Just keep at it! It's pretty much guaranteed that you'll lose a lot of weight on this programme! You just need to keep swimming :)

How is your lipotrim going SarahaH?

Just wanted to see how your weightloss was goimg. I did 400ml with my shakes and it really fills me up. Mixed my strawberry with 2 sweetex tablets and its tastes ok. X

QUOTE=SarahaH;7617255]Hiya hun

Yes I've tried the flapjack and the chicken soup too.

Honestly I don't like any of the products but what I do is for strawberry and vanilla, I mix it with about 400ml of water ( I know it's more than recommended) and I put ice cubes in the blender too! I found that this way it lessens the strong taste of the shakes. Lol

With chocolate, I also mix that with 400ml of water and I add peppermint tea to it too! And this I drink hot

Chicken soup again I mix that with 400ml of water and drink it hot! ( I have to have this because it's savoury and I'm kinda getting fed up of all the sweet shakes)

As for the flapjacks! Hmmm what can I say they are utterly disgusting. I almost puked on them! However I do think u should get 1 and try it, u never know u might like it!

Good luck for your weigh in! Let me know how it goes [/QUOTE]

Becca that's an amazing weight loss!!

this is my first time trying Lipotrim, I'm on day 5 and it's going ok even through everything around me smells even more delicious then usual, but I've resisted. I'm going to get weighed tomorrow which I'm nervous about, but I'm hoping the hard work is going to pay off.

this is my first time trying Lipotrim, I'm on day 5 and it's going ok even through everything around me smells even more delicious then usual, but I've resisted. I'm going to get weighed tomorrow which I'm nervous about, but I'm hoping the hard work is going to pay off.

How did your weigh in go Becca? And hello everyone! I am a first timer on day 14 and have lost 13 lbs--so nearly a stone in two weeks. Yes--everything does smell more delicious, even things I don't like! I've been weighing every day which might not be the best idea as some days I seem to go back up a pound and this week there were four days where my weight flattened out and I lost nothing. But by the end of the week, it was dropping again. I wake up with a mild headache most mornings, but it goes away half an hour after drinking two glasses of water. Only one weak, dizzy cranky day and that was the first day. So far, I like this diet better than any other I've done because I am less weak and less cranky. Well, aside from the shakes which are really only tolerable. I put a full cup of strong coffee into each one plus the 8 oz of water, which makes both the vanilla and chocolate better. With the soup, I add a lot of pepper and various chile or pepper flakes. I also add a teaspoon of powdered fiber to the soup which thickens it, but I have to drink it very quickly before it gets too thick and turns to an odd texture. I am going to try to add gentle exercise this week. Which I am apprehensive about because I don't want to change the good energy I've had on this diet. I have one of those arm thingies that counts steps so I am going to try to walk twice a day before and after work. How is everyone else doing? What is the hardest part and the easiest part?

How did your weigh in go Becca? And hello everyone! I am a first timer on day 14 and have lost 13 lbs--so nearly a stone in two weeks. Yes--everything does smell more delicious, even things I don't like! I've been weighing every day which might not be the best idea as some days I seem to go back up a pound and this week there were four days where my weight flattened out and I lost nothing. But by the end of the week, it was dropping again. I wake up with a mild headache most mornings, but it goes away half an hour after drinking two glasses of water. Only one weak, dizzy cranky day and that was the first day. So far, I like this diet better than any other I've done because I am less weak and less cranky. Well, aside from the shakes which are really only tolerable. I put a full cup of strong coffee into each one plus the 8 oz of water, which makes both the vanilla and chocolate better. With the soup, I add a lot of pepper and various chile or pepper flakes. I also add a teaspoon of powdered fiber to the soup which thickens it, but I have to drink it very quickly before it gets too thick and turns to an odd texture. I am going to try to add gentle exercise this week. Which I am apprehensive about because I don't want to change the good energy I've had on this diet. I have one of those arm thingies that counts steps so I am going to try to walk twice a day before and after work. How is everyone else doing? What is the hardest part and the easiest part?

Hi Pandora! My weigh in was pretty good... said I lost 10lbs :) I'm really struggling this week though to make it to two weeks! I'm on day 13 tomorrow with my next weigh-in on Wednesday so I'm trying my best to stick it out until then. I've been having really strong cravings for take away though. :sigh: I've been weighing myself every day to try and find the drive to keep going but my weight hasn't shifted at all for a whole 7 days!! :( I really don't get it and it's so demoralising. In my head I keep comparing losing weight to just eating again and being happy again as to be honest (sorry for the downer!) I'm having quite a miserable time on LT at the moment. I'm finding it hard to keep going with the shakes and water and I'm very bored and hungry. So the hardest part for me is to keep going with it seeing no change and having cravings! I'm not finding any of it easy right now. HELP!

Becca, do hang in there, because after 7 days without losing you are bound to have a good drop. And you had such an amazing drop the first week. You can't compare just eating regularly when you aren't losing weight during a flat period because this program is a metabolic process that curves in one direction only--downward! If you re-eat, then you've thrown away the coming weight loss in mid process, and lost all of your good work. I knew going in that week 2 might be hard given that many people report very small weight loss, or no weight loss, the second week after a great loss the first week. Sounds like you are seeing that pattern now. Most of those people reported rebound weight losses the third week--of 5-8 pounds. So hang in there! Don't throw your good work away! I just checked my weight-loss journal and I had no weight loss for 5 days this week. I am on the second week too, and we are about the same weight. I lost less than you on the first week. This morning finally I am down another pound or two. And I know I am likely to see really good results in my third week. The cravings are a pain. I just think of that stuff I am craving going straight onto my hips. Since we are about the same weight, it will be interesting to compare weight loss week by week. Let's hang in there and compare notes as we head for that goal of getting rid of this extra baggage. This diet has only one direction over time--downward. And you did great your first week--10 lbs! This is the long game, not the short one, now. Let's hear how you're doing as you feel like checking in.

Pandora thank you so much for your inspiring words. You are a lifesaver! I have held off eating anything through all the cravings and I'm trying to learn to see that as empowering and not depriving! I've realised through previous weight loss attempts that I'm very all or nothing and impatient. Food gives instant gratification but it's not worth it and I know that it took me years to get to this stage and I can't expect it to fall off as quickly as I put it on. Every day when I struggle (usually in the evening) I read motivation on here or *********. I also decided last night while trying to distract myself from hunger pangs and cravings that I would make a scrapbook full of thinspiration quotes and photos along with my starting photos and stats so I can see my progress and motivation laid out on paper.

A couple of quotes I like "What you eat in private you wear in public" and "Motivation doesn't last, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily". I really am one of those people who need to (at the moment anyway) go through my reasons for doing this on a daily basis.

I have a really bad relationship with food, which I think started in childhood with mum rewarding and comforting me over the years with unhealthy food treats. I'm a big comfort eater and have bad binging habits including attachments to certain meals and foods. Leading up to me starting the LT plan I had been in denial for months, ignoring how many take aways I was having a month and my boyfriend's concerns and gentle comments. Then I tipped the scales at almost 16 stone and couldn't believe it. I finally looked in the mirror and saw what I'd been ignoring. You are so right when you say this is the long game because I'm not only trying to shift the physical weight but change life long habits to how I cope with things.

I would love to keep in touch through our journey! I didn't realise week two was going to be this hard. I've already got the shakes for week 3 though so I also don't want to waste the money spent. I've promised to my best friend and boyfriend to make it to a month and then see how much I've lost. I've got a countdown to the 14 day mark and then another to the 21 day mark because I need these mini goals :rolleyes: I usually struggle in the evenings but make myself wait until the morning to see if I've lost anything and to not break the chain getting through another day.

What day do you weigh in? I weigh in on Wednesdays.

Deepa how was your weigh in? :)

With the soup try mixing into a paste with a batter consistency then putting teaspoon dollops onto greaseproof paper. 1-2 mins in microwave and you've got 'crisps'... Be careful though because the timing between raw and burned is only about 15 seconds.

Yes I know LT say don't cook anything but if it makes you stay dieting longer it's a good thing. :)

Whoa and that's really creative!

Hi Becca,

Bravo for keeping going, Becca!! You'll be rewarded on Wednesday, no doubt. My weekly check in is Monday, but I weigh every day. Are we not supposed to? I don't go to a pharmacy--I picked up 6 weeks supply because I was going to be working in the States this winter and I wanted to do the program while I was gone. I had hoped to lose a stone my first two weeks and it looks like by tomorrow I will have done that or come very close. But there were many times when it seemed that goal wasn't feasible.

I love the quote about "what we eat in private we wear in public." I decided to use the prospect of a job interview to lose weight by February. Wearing this weight in the public situation of a grueling set of interviews is not something I looked forward to. Even if I don't get the job, I'll have the accomplishment of the weight loss. And now I'll keep hearing your quotation now as a motivation to keep going, so thanks for sharing.

Last night I dreamed I broke my diet. I woke up this morning sure that I had. I was so happy to realize I had not! I really should add some exercise as I am losing weight--just even walking. But I am finding it hard to motivate myself in that respect.

Hi Pandora,

I've read on here that lots of people weigh themselves every day... some people recommend you don't. I think it's up to your personal preference but the idea behind weighing in every week is that our weight fluctuates day to day and seeing no change or a gain can be demoralising. On the other hand, I looked every day in the first two weeks because I needed to see a change to get me through the tough days. Now it's slowing down I think I'll only look every week to keep my sanity and to prevent me getting demoralised again if it stays the same. As long as I'm sticking to it I know there will be a loss when I come to weigh in day!

I did however look at the scales this morning because when I looked in the mirror I could see a difference... turns out the weight finally shifted and I'm down another 5 1/2lbs! That takes my total loss in two weeks to 15lbs so I just got over the stone mark! I'm sure you will too!

That quote means a lot to me too so I thought it might strike a chord with others on here. Predominantly because when I binge I do it in secret. I actually have the binge eating disorder, which I got after starving myself and overexercising for 9 months a couple of years ago :sigh: I know now that's not good but at the time I was pretty obsessed over calories in vs calories out and took it to the limit. I was anorexic by definition. When I actually started eating again when I was going to a family event and had to conceal what I'd been doing, I then couldn't stop eating! My body was desperate for sugar, fat, carbs.. anything! And then I had the opposite problem and gained all the weight I had lost along with more over the next couple of years. I'm no way near as bad now but I still binge and I usually do it when my boyfriends on nights or at his mates. I'll order a big take away just for me and eat it anxiously then hide all the evidence! *slaps own wrist* So it's my mantra at the moment! I may eat it when no one's looking but it'll be on my body for everyone to see.

Haha I rarely go a night without dreaming about food, being at a buffet and grabbing all these nice things I'm not allowed. I rarely get to eat it but I have been 'letting' myself dream about eating as a way to not make it a massive issue if that makes sense? I always ask my boyfriend and best friends what they had for dinner and they don't want to tell me but I want to face up to other people eating and knowing that I'm not, out of choice, to try and fix how I view food. I want to start adding exercise too but don't have the energy to atm. I've done a walk round town but I'll probably start exercising in week 3. :)

How are you doing today, Becca? No exercise for me this week as I've hit the wall energy wise. The first two weeks I had amazing energy, but this week suddenly I am flattened. I've also hit another weight plateau--five days with only 1/2 lb change. So I am going to try to not weigh again until Monday. As the lack of energy and so little weight loss over 5 days is discouraging. But I am keeping going... this is a long game, not a short one...

How are you doing today, Becca? No exercise for me this week as I've hit the wall energy wise. The first two weeks I had amazing energy, but this week suddenly I am flattened. I've also hit another weight plateau--five days with only 1/2 lb change. So I am going to try to not weigh again until Monday. As the lack of energy and so little weight loss over 5 days is discouraging. But I am keeping going... this is a long game, not a short one...

Hi Pandora, I'm doing alright. Plodding along. I swapped to Exante after two weeks 100% on LT and been having a tough week. It's amazing eating 'food' again and I've found a few different things I like but I am still struggling with the cravings. And resisting the compulsions to eat is making me miserable on some days. I had one cheat where I had a fourth Exante product (you're only supposed to have 3 a day) but I did spread the bar out over two or three days to minimise the cheat. I know it's low calories and low carbs and much better than giving in to my bigger cravings. The scales say today though that I've gained 3lbs :( I know I had a little something extra but I also know that some people have had a week off and still seen a loss or at least not put on 3lbs! I'm hoping it's just the fact that over the past two days I didn't drink much water as my stomach is very bloated too. I made sure to drink at least 2 litres today to make up for it so hopefully I'll see a loss soon! Got to make it to Tuesday/Wed morning to see! (Didn't we say we weren't going to weigh each day so it didn't demoralise us?? *rolls eyes*)

How are you getting on?

Hi Becca,

Well I tried not to weigh so much last week as I'd been on a long plateau, but after two days, I weighed again and had lost four pounds. Two days later, I'd lost another 4-5 pounds. This after over a week without losing anything at all. There must something must be wrong with my scale. But I hope not! Because if my scale is correct, I've lost 25 pounds in three weeks. If I hadn't hung in there when the scale was not inching down day after day, I would not have have arrived at this sudden windfall.

I hope the exante is better for you than the lipotrim. It makes sense you would gain a few pounds as you change over programs.

Wow 25lbs is amazing. I've just finished 2 weeks on lipotrim and starting week 3. I'm half a pound off losing a stone. I weigh myself everyday which I may now switch to once a week as I feel so demoralised when my weight stays the same. I've been sticking to it 100% as I have a holiday in May, 4.5 stone in total to reach GW, 3.5 stone to go.

A stone in two weeks is amazing! My loss was too good to be true--my scale must be faulty. Stepped on today and suddenly weighed five pounds more. So it looks like I've lost 20 lbs in three weeks, not 25, which seems about right. I can live with that. I know you can make your goal for May if you stick to it! Really all this diet requires is discipline and strength of will. I am now at the halfway mark of my supplies, which I brought over to the states from the UK. I can't get back until April, and I will run out in mid February. So either I order some from ebay at about double the cost of what I would pay were I there, or a take a break, refeed, and start again in April. I am reluctant to take the break, as I went to all the work to get into the groove here. I'd rather just stay on it. I too have about 35 pounds left to go. I am worried that if I go off the diet, that I'll start to gain weight back and that starting again won't be easy.

I've done this diet before and I have to say it is always harder restarting after a break, the first time I lost 2 stone in 6 week. Since then I've never made it past week 4. I feel like I'm in the right mind set this time and have more weight to lose than normal as I'm still carrying baby weight, but I need to stay away from the scales because my weight is not budging at the moment. There are some sellers on eBay that charge approx £7 more for a weeks supply than in the pharmacy, if you are in the zone then try if you can to keep at it, by April you may be returning 3-4 stone lighter, how amazing will that feel.

Thanks Kerry, that's excellent advice, and I appreciate your experience. I'd like to stay on, and just get it all over with in one stint. Most of the ebay suppliers I've exchanged emails with charge 72 pounds sterling per week's supply to ship to the US. Seems like the shipping would be less than that, given they are not sending each week in a separate package. Have you seen any that will ship to the US for less than 30 pounds per 21 packets? The average online just for the packets alone seems to be about 42 pounds per week. Any advice appreciated.

Back